02/24 - Flying Titmouse Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'd rather not say but it's a well known Requester. It was mostly my fault. I'm positive it's my only ever hard block (I might have had a few 'soft' blocks but just the usual routine reasons people get them) and my approval rating is 100 out of over 12,000 hits. I'm worried about my MTurk account being affected.
No one really knows how many blocks it takes to affect your account in what amount of time. People make a lot of guesses. The most popular being 3 blocks in 3 months. I would be worried if that happened. Otherwise you are fine.

Pandesmos

Reaction score
If Amazon did not send you a warning message saying you are blocked it is just a removal of qualification.
I didn't get an e-mail (yet)

But I get this when I try and accept their HITs.

"The Requester has chosen to prevent you from working on any of this Requester's HITs.
There are a variety of reasons for Requesters to prevent particular Workers from completing their HITs."

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know who that is.... Anyways mine was from.... ehem.... Audiokite.
Did you email the requester and ask about it? Sometimes people who have received blocks from requesters have talked to them and asked for the block to be removed if you agree not to do anymore HITs from them.

But I really wouldn't worry about it much. There's absolutely no documentation or proof from Amazon that says any particular number of blocks means anything. As long as you're not getting lots of blocks often, I'd just move on.

Reactions: Squatty and Kerek

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score

"The Requester has chosen to prevent you from working on any of this Requester's HITs.
There are a variety of reasons for Requesters to prevent particular Workers from completing their HITs."
Thats not a hard block, you just lost the qualification and it is no loss in my opinion.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score

Block emails are set to go out sometime between 5AM and 7AM Pacific, so if they applied the block today, you'll receive the email tomorrow morning - if an email was triggered. Sometimes an email isn't triggered and you'll never receive one. No one (except Amazon) knows why that is.

mtdub1

Reaction score
dog survey rejected even tho it gave a code and I did the whole thing.
I got a rejection also. My 1st rejection in over 6 months smh, she was a new requester also with no TO before I did the HIT and I'll try not to lose faith in new requester's, O well, I knew my completed # of HITs would be able to withstand a reject so I took a chance and it didn't go well but I've had good experiences with new requester's in the past so I'm gon keep on keeping on.

Reactions: TobyF

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Face Ratings(~ 25 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Kuhl Lab [A1PPFR3JYZXFR5] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Rate photos of faces based on how attractive they are
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; SurveyGroup [258] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [19-34778] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.11.7

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey: International Students' Acculturation Strategies & Conflict Management Styles(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Quynh Tran [APMM1E4EVLZR5] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.00] [Fair: 1.00] [Comm: 1.50] [Fast: 1.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
Description:
The survey will ask about your experiences and communicative behavior in the new cultural environment (i.e. The United States)
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Exc: [34642-34053] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.11.7

Status
Not open for further replies.