C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: x8 Worker Qualification Test | PANDA
Requester: x8 Data [AW6OKFW9O4LL0] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 4.87][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 5.00][Fast: 4.97]
Description:
Test given to earn the x8 Worker Qualification
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Qualification Test Completed has not been granted, Total approved HITs is not less than 10000, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 99, x8 Worker Qualification has not been granted

D

Deleted member 481

Description:
Qualifications: Qualification Test Completed has not been granted, Total approved HITs is not less than 10000, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 99, x8 Worker Qualification has not been granted
Dang, need to get to 10k. Only at 6k now, eh.

Desertdarlene

Baby Shorebird and Duckling Protector
Reaction score
Wow, these Sergeys are making me a lot of money. Problem is that someone has requested I do some other work for them, too.

Torqz

Reaction score
Can only muster myself to do 200 of these. If this was my main homie Zoltar, I would ham all day if there was no cap. For these my mind is turning to mush. I realize many of you feel the opposite way.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Description:
Finally caught this :ghost:

UserBob

Requester
Reaction score
Title: Upload 3 minute screencast of a MOBILE website | PANDA
Requester: UserBob [A1G1PATDFBA7E5] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.96 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.96 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 28
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Record the screen of your smartphone or tablet and your voice while you spend 3 minute(s) talking about your first visit to a mobile website. Then upload the recording.
Time: 40 minutes
Reward: $1.75
Qualifications: demographic1092 is 1, Reviewer is not less than 2, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 99

If you haven't done a UserBob HIT yet, you'll need to do one of the $1 training HITs first:

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/searchbar?selectedSearchType=hitgroups&searchWords=userbob+training

Reactions: Roscoe E Goldchain

Desertdarlene

Baby Shorebird and Duckling Protector
Reaction score
People have way too much time on their hands. I seem to be getting almost all foreign videos.

Reactions: Rerun

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Word vomit.
Start learning ahk right now if you don't already know it... watch my videos. Learn how to multi-tab. Learn how to panda. Learn how to time your work so you know what rate you are making on a batch. Start working on no TO/blue requesters. Take micro breaks to get up and walk around, or you'll lose focus and actually work slower and less accurately. Look at the forum less, make use of hit scraper, tm, hit monitor, c4c, etc. Get comfortable using your keyboard to complete work instead of your mouse... its faster and more accurate than mouse... plus it will help you ahk better/more efficiently. Lay off the caffiene and shit like that... get your energy from young greens... try to sit somewhere you can get some sun. If you listen to music while you turk, make it stuff with no lyrics. Get plenty of sleep... don't stay up extra hours working shit batches because "hurry"... install f.lux on your computer to help with this. Buy a mouse that has more than three buttons... get comfortable controlling your desktop with keys... that means flipping tabs closing windows, changing windows, etc and so on... it will make your ahk more effective and its much faster than using your mouse. If you like to play video games during your free time, consider something like OSU... it is not only fun but it will train your mouse hand to be fast and accurate. Consider trying transcription... it isn't always the best paying work, but it IS consistent work... consistent output almost always trumps burst output... but try to hit both. Stop doing surveys unless they pay an insanely good rate.... heres a tip... of the hundreds that get posted every week only a handful fit that bill. Volume, volume, volume... quals quals quals.
More word vomit.
Take some time to consider "how" you work... and think creatively about ways you can streamline the way you work, the way you set up your desktop, the way you set up your physical workspace. Apply that same creative troubleshooting to the way you complete hits. When you work on a new batch ask yourself "how do I do this better/more efficiently" not "has anyone made a script for this?"... after you've though about how the work is completed best build your own tools to accomplish that, and save them to apply to more complex problems later. Scripting is a tool-using exercise as much as it is a creative process... the language provides you tools to accomplish work... so think creatively about problems that arise or new ideas you come up with to make work faster/easier... browse the function library on your free/down time to identify new tools you can apply to your work. Standardize your inputs so you begin to build muscle memory for actions... this will make you faster and more accurate in your batch work... buy a g13 if you can spare the cash to help with that. Consider installing multiple browsers on your computer... and tailor each one to a specific genre of hits, with the right scripts running... this will make controlling your entire desktop with ahk even easier and allow you to work multiple batches at the same time without pissing around with using your mouse to jump windows and hit inputs.
If I think of more... i'll reply again. but I should get back to work.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Finally caught this :ghost:
The new batches kinda suck but he did give them a .05 pay increase.

If you pass the test, you'll get a bonus email from him with info.
Reply to that to actually get the qual.

Reactions: TSolo315

CatWhiskers

Looking In Your Fridge
Reaction score
Word vomit.
Start learning ahk right now if you don't already know it... watch my videos. Learn how to multi-tab. Learn how to panda. Learn how to time your work so you know what rate you are making on a batch. Start working on no TO/blue requesters. Take micro breaks to get up and walk around, or you'll lose focus and actually work slower and less accurately. Look at the forum less, make use of hit scraper, tm, hit monitor, c4c, etc. Get comfortable using your keyboard to complete work instead of your mouse... its faster and more accurate than mouse... plus it will help you ahk better/more efficiently. Lay off the caffiene and shit like that... get your energy from young greens... try to sit somewhere you can get some sun. If you listen to music while you turk, make it stuff with no lyrics. Get plenty of sleep... don't stay up extra hours working shit batches because "hurry"... install f.lux on your computer to help with this. Buy a mouse that has more than three buttons... get comfortable controlling your desktop with keys... that means flipping tabs closing windows, changing windows, etc and so on... it will make your ahk more effective and its much faster than using your mouse. If you like to play video games during your free time, consider something like OSU... it is not only fun but it will train your mouse hand to be fast and accurate. Consider trying transcription... it isn't always the best paying work, but it IS consistent work... consistent output almost always trumps burst output... but try to hit both. Stop doing surveys unless they pay an insanely good rate.... heres a tip... of the hundreds that get posted every week only a handful fit that bill. Volume, volume, volume... quals quals quals.
Well....I wanted some ideas on what I can do hit wise that I'm not thinking about to help them out. The brother in law was the primary bread winner, so with him down for the count, I'm trying to make what I can to help.

I do appreciate the tip about ahk, because I don't know a thing about it, so I'll watch the videos if I can find them. Thanks for that.

I have tried transcription...I think my problem was trying too many different companies at once because they all want something different and I got overwhelmed. I guess I don't know who is good, who is bad, what is a good rate when they say, "transcribe 10 minutes for $4", I have no idea if that's good or not, because it takes me forever to transcribe any way.

The rest of that stuff, great advice for new turkers...I do most of them right now as it is. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to write that all out, however. I've always said that even if you think someone knows something, tell them all of it again anyway, because there might be something in there that you think isn't much, but does mean a lot. And yah, I have definitely been the type to stay up way too long, way, way, way too long working on batches...and while it may pay off then, what it ends up doing is costing me because then I'm too tired to do work the next day or day after...so you have a point there.

Oh, and what the hell is f.lux? I guess I'll go find out now. Thanks again.

Reactions: Blue
Status
Not open for further replies.