03/01 - Super Tuesday!

Have you voted in the primary yet? (See the first post for more info, & please avoid debates here.)

• Yes, my state already had its primary/caucus, and I voted in it!

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Yes, my state votes today, and I've voted! (If in a caucus state, I'm going this evening!)

Votes: 21 15.8%
  • My state hasn't voted yet, but I'll go vote when it does!

Votes: 65 48.9%
  • No, I accidentally missed my state's registration deadline or don't have right ID. (Double-check!)

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • No, I don't care about the future. (C'mon.)

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • No, I'm not a US citizen.

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatWhiskers

Looking In Your Fridge
Reaction score
Hey just so you know, you don't have to be registered with either party to vote. All you do is go to the polling place and ask for the ballot of the party of whichever candidate you'd like to vote for. You won't be tied to that party at all if you want to vote differently in November. You still have a few hours! Most polling places (at least around me) are open til 7 p.m.
Are they from a state with open primaries? If not, then he cannot vote in the primary.

catlady

Reaction score
Title: Word Color Judgments | PANDA
Requester: Daniel Grodner [A5IASAUA92KIQ] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.39][Fair: 4.67][Comm: 4.00][Fast: 4.50]
Description:
Judge the colors that words appear in (takes ~10 min)
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 2
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97; Location is US
about 2 min

Reactions: LightningLord

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
ugh... my sergey snobbiness continues. I'm trying to make 5.00 in the next hour... without doing any hits that are less than 20.00 per hour.

as a matter of fact, I feel like I should be paid for making this post.

maybe aveline @aveline can make something happen? :)

CatWhiskers

Looking In Your Fridge
Reaction score
My step dad did the same thing with me and cars. Before I was ever allowed to drive I had to rotate the tires, prove I could check and add oil and he even made me change the distributor cap (I dunno why). I will teach my kid when he's a little older.

Go your parents on the checkbook education! I planned on that with my son but his school just had them do it two years in a row during Christmas. They had a budget and had to shop for (fake) gifts and write checks for them and keep a running checkbook ledger. I like your idea of the fridge ledger. I'm going to steal that idea if that's ok :)
It was my parents, and I'm sure my mom read it in some magazine. We had ours year round. We got allowance, but if we wanted anything extra that our allowance couldn't afford, we had to do extra chores. They used to give cash, but then they decided to teach us about checks. So we would do chores to "add" to our account, and we could let it sit there if we wanted, to build it up to something big. We not only learned about checking, but we learned the value of money that way. Huge lesson that should really be taught to all so they don't have to learn it the hard way.

Reactions: tricker and jan

Smikers

Reaction score
Hey just so you know, you don't have to be registered with either party to vote. All you do is go to the polling place and ask for the ballot of the party of whichever candidate you'd like to vote for. You won't be tied to that party at all if you want to vote differently in November. You still have a few hours! Most polling places (at least around me) are open til 7 p.m.
This isn't true for every state. In Florida for example, you can only vote for the candidates under the party you're registered as. If you're independent (or even if you're not thrilled with your choices and want to support someone from the other side), tough cookies.

Last edited:

catlady

Reaction score
Title: Answer a short academic study session (approx. 5-10 min) (For Men Who Drink Wine Only) | PANDA
Requester: James Wilkie [A17QHJR94TF3PI] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.80][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 5.00][Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Answer a short academic study session for men who drink wine only. It should take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98; Location is US
:wine:
where's the representation for the millions of women who drink wine?? :disapprove:

CatWhiskers

Looking In Your Fridge
Reaction score
I don't even know what this means :(
I'm horribly at adulting.
Floating a check is when you send in a check for a bill that is due, even though you don't have the money in your account. You are hoping that by the time that the check clears, your money will be in your account. The reason it's done is because you want to show that you paid on time, even when your money may not be there for a couple of days.

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't even know what this means :(
I'm horribly at adulting.

you write a check with no money in the bank to cover it. then hope you beat it to the bank with the money.

Like, say Kroger takes 4 days for a check to clear, you got 4 days to cover all that beer you just bought.

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
When I bought my first car, I didn't know, either. My father would take the car in to have the car serviced. I never so much as saw it done. My b-friend at the time I bought the car - mentioned something about 'oh, there's the tag for your oil change'. I looked at it and then, when he wasn't around, pulled open the manual to start reading (I didn't want to look stupid in front of him :).
I love you all, I really do, but this stuff is painful to read. I grew up in a family of mechanics, and my uncle owned a car dealership. I remember being up under a car with my grandpa even before he took me to learn how to shoot a handgun. Some years ago I actually changed the brake pads on my own car, but I had grampa's tools then, so I probably couldn't do that today. You can be a girl and still use a tool. You just have to scrub your hands real good afterwards.

Reactions: nyx and CatWhiskers
Status
Not open for further replies.