03/07 - Tangerine Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

alk69

Reaction score
finger nail polish.... SCIENCE!

funny finger nail polish was mentioned - just the other day, I asked my dad if he had any of my late mother's finger nail polish left or if he had gone through and tossed the cosmetics. He looked, found one, gave it to me.

I'm going to be carrying out an experiment in the next day or two that I am curious about -- if finger nail polish vapor is flammable. I know there are various warnings about ventilation and flame, but I am curious how flammable it actually is.
It's a lacquer and the vapors are flammable. So, don't smoke and paint your nails at the same time......of course that would be a fast way to test it....little hot finger tips.

Reactions: aveline

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
finger nail polish.... SCIENCE!

funny finger nail polish was mentioned - just the other day, I asked my dad if he had any of my late mother's finger nail polish left or if he had gone through and tossed the cosmetics. He looked, found one, gave it to me.

I'm going to be carrying out an experiment in the next day or two that I am curious about -- if finger nail polish vapor is flammable. I know there are various warnings about ventilation and flame, but I am curious how flammable it actually is.

barny

(╯>.<)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Two good things about not getting the CVT qual: 1) will get sleep in the coming days/weeks, and 2) can't get soft banned if never qual'd in the first place.

Castor

Reaction score
I’m so salty about this cvt qual. I did 1000’s of those things no warning no soft ban. I submitted quality work. I know anyone can claim that but grrr I was so diligent that I never even submitted a single tracing hit because I sucked at tracing. I only submitted hits I was confident I did well on

Ok thanks for letting me vent. I’ve worked here long enough to know there’s nothing fair about mturk. Now I gotta find a new night batch

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
My PE is $2.95 The "slow and steady" thing is a lie... just like the cake... My turtle dreams are crushed from this day.
2.03 and a couple prolific.
I've been PC-running, and raw-clicking my ass off today and I've caught a whopping two HITs. Yes. The same two I whined about only having earlier.

Reactions: Merovign

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
2.03 and a couple prolific.
I've been PC-running, and raw-clicking my ass off today and I've caught a whopping two HITs. Yes. The same two I whined about only having earlier.
:( I did a few Prolific surveys, too. My internet belched and made me lose a Prolific survey earlier. It was almost 2 pounds, too. At least I was artful today, I guess. :p

Reactions: GTR and JenniLeigh

GTR

Reaction score
I think they just randomly picked workers and some are good workers and some not so good just lucky to be randomly picked
I think it said in the email that they cut the workforce by 10 percent so now it would be less competition

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I think they just randomly picked workers and some are good workers and some not so good just lucky to be randomly picked
I think it said in the email that they cut the workforce by 10 percent so now it would be less competition
"This qualification system reduces the overall workforce by a factor more than 10!"

I'm thinking only <10% got in.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
It just seems last week aside I'm doing 3 hours work for every hour I get paid, and the pay stinks. But I don't want to just sit around and complain so I'll go work on another project, and try not to get electrocuted again.

The fact that it's Noah, no offense, indicates to me nothing will be done about it, it's just whatever arbitrary guideline they planned earlier and unless the batches don't get done it won't change.

(smacks panda crazy upside the head, nothing happens)

alk69

Reaction score
I’m so salty about this cvt qual. I did 1000’s of those things no warning no soft ban. I submitted quality work. I know anyone can claim that but grrr I was so diligent that I never even submitted a single tracing hit because I sucked at tracing. I only submitted hits I was confident I did well on

Ok thanks for letting me vent. I’ve worked here long enough to know there’s nothing fair about mturk. Now I gotta find a new night batch
These are all the same type of complaints leveled at Hotel Photos and their famous ''super'' quals. No one could understand why some were awarded a 50.00 a day qual and others, who thought they did excellent work, were not. I was of the opinion that it was all about an algorithm and majority rules. Those persons who were smack in the middle of picking the majority choice were the perfect worker for them. And as any good worker knows, the majority is seldom right. This would explain why there were so many complaints later about having to rate poor responses by others....I'm also of the opinion that much of algorithm use is about majority rules--it's so easy to use and don't need to be right. After all, what is crowdsourcing anyway? It's what the crowd chooses. And we know about the crowd, don't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.