03/09 - Stunning Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Hey all, another question for you.

I was talking to a coworker today and somehow mturk was brought up. I told him about tomnod (pfa or geohive for you newer folks) and he mentioned he was a requester back in 2009 and had similar work with satellite images. That was well before my time here, so I'm curious if any if you long time folks might know what he was talking about? My first thought was if he paid fairly...
I wonder how many people we have here that were on mturk at that time. I can only think of maybe 2 people that are still active here (of the ones that I know of). I only remember Nate Ricklin from around the time that I started (2012-ish), but I think that was the requester that eventually became tomnod.

Reactions: Metallica

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Since West Michigan was brought up I must quote a poem I read on a bus in Kalamazoo in 1985.

** What do you say to a kid passing through,
there is no zoo in Kalamazoo.**
There is no zoo, unless you count the college campus. :LOL:

Reactions: Taelor

GTR

Reaction score
Title: Are the provided news headlines relevant with respect to a given claim? | Accept
Requester: Davide Eynard [A1QCHF2P1GVYB] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=2.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=4.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.05
Duration: 2:00
Available: 995
Description: You are provided (1) a claim and (2) a news headline. Is the headline relevant with respect to the claim?
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
maybe[/td][/tr]

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder how many people we have here that were on mturk at that time. I can only think of maybe 2 people that are still active here (of the ones that I know of). I only remember Nate Ricklin from around the time that I started (2012-ish), but I think that was the requester that eventually became tomnod.
That name does sound pretty familiar. I remember people getting hyped about bonuses from him.

Mturk "history" fascinates me for some reason, like how much $$ people were pulling in before the knowledge of how to create a panda link existed, or scripts. What would the average hardcore turker make back then? Things like that. Though I'm pretty sure electrolyte talked about those at times. Regardless, I'm sure those prehistoric turkers dealt with the same dull interface just like we did up until 2017(?).

I hope I can find someone who might know of him. I'm not going to drop his name for obvious reasons, but he's the first requester I've ever knowingly met in person before so its pretty cool. He did state that he was really satisfied with the work that was done for him, which is good, because naturally I'd be afraid he got chased off by scammers.

Reactions: GemStone

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Better than yesterday, partly thanks to Alexandria.
Awww I missed Alexandria? Pooh. Working on CVT currently, so there is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.