03/09 - Think Twice Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenaling

Who?
Contributor
Reaction score
This was the reply from Wisdom of the Crowd ... basically if you messed up an attention check or blew one of their easy questions, they rejected everything else.

Thank you for your participation in the Wisdom of the Crowds challenge! While reviewing your submissions, our system flagged you for one or more of the following reasons:
- Giving an identical answer to all questions (or over 80%) of questions in at least one hit
- Failing simple attention checks such as giving wrong answers to very obvious/easy questions
- Giving repeated unreasonable answers, such as estimating "5" for the population or GDP of a country

The above are just a few examples the checks we had put in place in our system.

Although this may have been the case for only one of the HITs you attempted, we cannot consider any of your other responses as your worker ID failed one or more of these simple checks. We also understand there may have been technical issues you may have faced while attempting to do these HITs. We assure you that these checks were only done on HITs you submitted and we did not reject you based on the fact that some HITs were incomplete or broken due to technical issues. We also did not reject you based on how well you may have performed on the task or how much you may have scored.

We had about 2000 users for the experiment, and our system rejected only about 1%. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we sincerely appreciate your time and participation in the Wisdom of Crowds challenge.
Ouch. Big sorry to everyone who got these rejections.

mrs.pynk

wait... what?
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm. I didn't get any rejections as far as I can see, but with a few of those I could see getting the "ACs" wrong if you knew nothing about geography or something.
I suck so very much with geography that it is actually embarrassing. So I'll take the hits, I can see me screwing that up very easy.... but rejecting everything else for 1 screw up on a category I couldn't opt out of kinda hurts.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
well thank you! Just lately, i dunno...but that was very nice. :embarrased:
"Crap patches" is the medical term for "just lately." They still suck. Maybe treat yourself to something indulgent and really, really nice? Prime Rib, lobster tail, and a message? [ <---- that would be my choice. maybe ] Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...........

Reactions: aveline

ctraltDel

Contributor
Reaction score
I suck so very much with geography that it is actually embarrassing. So I'll take the hits, I can see me screwing that up very easy.... but rejecting everything else for 1 screw up on a category I couldn't opt out of kinda hurts.
Ah, I didn't realize it was literally every hit getting rejected. That stinks, I hope they change their mind on the mass rejections :(

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from catnapped for work related to 3D42WVSDH82VMH0L36YQIE7WYZGYF6.
The value of your bonus is: $0.45 USD
The Requester included this note:
Your share of the bounty found in Home Depot's parking lot.
Thank you for choosing a catnapped hit :)

:eek:

Thanks catnapped @catnapped , hope you liked the joke lol
:ROFL:

Reactions: Barbwire

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a few questions about reading (Native English Speakers Only) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Liz [A3A960Z3ZKFADU] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.00] [Fair: 2.33] [Comm: 1.00] [Fast: 2.33] [Reviews: 5] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Please answer this questionnaire about reading related skills. Should not take more than 30 minutes.
Time: 45 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Other Studies DoesNotExist ; Cannot Retake Study DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.14.9

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Got 12 bonuses from Stanford Social Systems for those wisdom of crowd hits I did back on 2-23 to 2-24.
OK, time to try & buy pants online (for some reason they rarely ever fit me, don't get it).
Congrats on the bonuses. Pants - men's clothing sizes are weird to begin with, but I would never try and buy pants on line.

Reactions: Deleted member 481
Status
Not open for further replies.