The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
electrolyte @electrolyte (and others)
Just saw this gem that most of us probably didn't do:

compensation was .10

How hard can surveys be?
Requester: Deshawn Sambrano
We are conducting an academic survey about the cognitive (mental) difficulties of taking surveys. It is highly important that you take this survey seriously. Completion of this survey, if you choose to continue, should take about 15 to 20 minutes, so you should have plenty of time to complete the survey without rushing.

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/preview?groupId=319N3DB41AZDSBFSHE7AHSNFK3ZEP8

I guess they think that it's about how hard they are (or aren't) - rather than an issue of fair wages??
:mob:
Ugh! Probably one of those researchers who thinks MTurkers just do this for fun so pay doesn't really matter at all.

Reactions: Jaded and jan

sudilly

Bubble Hell Avenger
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Help create a virtual human corpus | PANDA
Requester: VERG [A3M0IIKGPUUSLF] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.20][Fair: 4.37][Comm: 3.00][Fast: 3.76]
Description:
You will convert a case description into the basic questions/answers in a virtual human corpus.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 10; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is US
This one never ends. I finally gave up and returned it.

Reactions: jan

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
Title: Find Three URLs | PANDA
Requester: Jonathan Tarud [A2XNKTGH60BW3N] (TO)
TO Ratings: No TO (Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Help us find URLs for developer portals and integration pages.
Time: 6 minutes
Hits Available: 1196
Reward: $0.10
Qualifications: None
What do we do if the website doesn't have the pages he is looking for? Do we just put NA... or am I not looking hard enough?

I'm nit picking at a few because I've never done these and if he does raise the wage I want to be ready to ham them.

Last edited:

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Are you 25 or over AND in a relationship? Participate in psychological research! | PANDA
Requester: Ali Ziegler [AT6DS290CO6XF] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.00][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 0.00][Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Psychological research survey for those 25 or over and in a romantic relationship.
Time: 24 hours
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 98; Total approved HITs is greater than 5000
Damn, less than 5min. Didn't plan on doing any turking today but I'm glad I clicked this.

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Rokko

Bernie 2016
Reaction score
What do we do if the website doesn't have the pages he is looking for? Do we just put NA... or am I not looking hard enough?
That's why I'm staying away. Plus there's no TO.

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
That's why I'm staying away. Plus there's no TO.
Scared money don't make money :wink: I just sent him an email. Hopefully he'll respond. I will let y'all know if I hear anything back...

Zodiac

Supreme Shenanstigator
Contributor
Reaction score

I'm nit picking at a few because I've never done these and if he does raise the wage I want to be ready to ham them.

Return it or skip it, really. When they don't have TO you can either be professional about it and make a pre-made text stating you searched but cannot find it and risk it, or just return it for someone else to worry/deal with. No shame in skipping!

Reactions: jan and PhantomCatt

Zodiac

Supreme Shenanstigator
Contributor
Reaction score
Also, in unrelated news, blind people sure like photographing their genitals and asking people what it is.

Reactions: Jaded

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reaction score
I have a bit of weird problem. My TM used to work and constantly ding when surveys would post, now it only catches about out of every 10 surveys that seems to post -- It hardly ever alerts me, but then I see ppl on this forum posting survey links, so obviously they are posting

Has anyone had this problem? Where TM just 'stops' working? And if so, is there some way I can fix this?

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a bit of weird problem. My TM used to work and constantly ding when surveys would post, now it only catches about out of every 10 surveys that seems to post -- It hardly ever alerts me, but then I see ppl on this forum posting survey links, so obviously they are posting

Has anyone had this problem? Where TM just 'stops' working? And if so, is there some way I can fix this?
How many do you have running and how long do you set the timers for?

Reaction score
How many do you have running and how long do you set the timers for?
I only have it running on Surveys for above 25 cents -- basically the default settings for when I downloaded it awhile ago

At some point, maybe like a month ago, it stopped working(or only seems to catch few surveys now)?

edit: Timer is for 7 secs on surveys

Reaction score
Is it possible that the TM survey thing can get 'clogged up'? Like it's suggesting 10 diff surveys for me that I already did, could those be somehow blocking me from getting alerts on the new surveys that post?

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
Is it possible that the TM survey thing can get 'clogged up'? Like it's suggesting 10 diff surveys for me that I already did, could those be somehow blocking me from getting alerts on the new surveys that post?
Do you use it to watch for or run pandas for any surveys you have missed? Or are you strictly using it to watch like the "Survey's $0.25 and up"???

Status
Not open for further replies.