03/12 - Tabasco Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm back from my 6 month hiatus, not that anyone knows who I am :^). Hope your days are going well!
I remember you! Your name sounds like a place I go sometimes.

Reactions: aveline

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I feel you. Same with me and my husband. The job market is just rough nowadays, period. If you're under-qualified you're fucked, if you're over-qualified they won't even interview you because "you'll leave when you find something better", if you're perfectly qualified sorry the position has already been filled by the 4000 other applicants who were perfectly qualified.

It's a fucking mess out there.
I can remember looking for a job in the San Diego area a decade or three back when the unemp rate was just at seven percent; took me 6 months to find something.

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
What sucks is I can't even get a "crappy" job. It's very frustrating.
As a UK pharmacist, unqualified in the US, I hear you. Overqualified for so much, underqualified for the job I have done for the last 20 years. I struggle not to 'turn my nose up' at the other jobs.

But if you've decided that is what you are applying for, you can't think of them as crap jobs. Employers will pick that up in a flash.

I know exactly what my answer to "why are you applying for this (menial/basic/minimum-wage) job that you are severely overqualified for?

I can answer, being honest, sounding sincere and not like a lunatic.

xqyzt

Reaction score
What is your expertise in, and what types of jobs have you been applying for? I know it can be very frustrating.
I have a bs in math, although I would hesitate to say I have expertise in any area. I've been applying to a lot of office jobs, which is the only type of job I've ever had (doing clerical type ish). Interestingly enough, I was rejected by the NSA as well.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

xqyzt

Reaction score
I know exactly what my answer to "why are you applying for this (menial/basic/minimum-wage) job that you are severely overqualified for?
Yeah, somehow they seem to think we don't know we're overqualified. I wouldn't be applying to mop floors if I had other options, hire me plz.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Continue a conversation with a chatbot | Accept
Requester: Emily Wilson [A19Y8N1023GB2R] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.85] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=4.29] [Comm=3.67] [Fair=4.75] [Reviews=36] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.21] [Pen=0.21] [Res=1.00] [Rec=100] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=3]
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 20:00
Available: 1
Description: Your job is to come up with the next line of dialogue in a conversation between a person and a chatbot.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

420TurkItNerd

Reaction score
PE 27.49
SO close to my goal of 30 a day
I've been distracted for an hour and a half

Waking up at 6 am, has def been paying off especially yesterday when I hit daily earnings of $52 for 4-5 hours reading those Enron emails.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Highlighting Specific Objects in Images. Earn up >$10/hour. | Accept
Requester: SpaceGraph-BroadPerception [A19JIJMNVNJ94D] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Mediumslateblue]11.43[/color]] [Pay=[color=Mediumpurple]Fair[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO: [Pay=[color=Steelblue]5.00[/color]] [Fast=[color=Steelblue]4.75[/color]] [Comm=[color=Steelblue]5.00[/color]] [Fair=[color=Steelblue]5.00[/color]] [Reviews=4] [ToS=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO2: [Hrly=null] [Pen=null] [Res=0.00] [Rec=0] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [ToS=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Brk=[color=Mediumorchid]1[/color]]
Reward: 1.20
Duration: 30:00
Available: 2
Description: In this task you will be asked to draw an outline around an object of a specific type that is not already covered by a highlighted region in the image (for example: Draw an outline around any chair that is currently not covered by a highlighted region).
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Location In AU, CA, GB, US; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Minx2121

Reaction score
Title: First Impressions Study(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Major Lab [AWTGRSBM446IY] (Req TV): $7.04/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
This a study about first impressions. We've asked various individuals to introduce themselves to another person by creating a profile and describing aspects of themselves that are important to them or might be of interest to others.
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 56
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Exc: [-764139212-133736] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I found a pretty well priced Dell computer that isn't an all in one...how do you all feel about Dells? I've never owned one of those.

Reactions: GTR and barny
Status
Not open for further replies.