03/13 - Fetching Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Reaction score
wow. The Eyes of Darkness just went sky high on Abes books. early this morning it was under 4 bucks for some copies. those are gone.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Today is Friday the 13th -- and the stock market shows that with dow futures predicting a 1000 point climb on the open -- and here is today's National Calendar:

National Jewel Day

National Good Samaritan Day

National K9 Veterans Day

National Earmuff Day

National Blame Someone Else Day

National Open an Umbrella Indoors Day

National Coconut Torte Day

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
well, my state governor advised schools close for 2 weeks. My son's school just released a statement saying we're out until April 13. Kiddo is NOT gonna be happy...

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
our schools are closed money to prepare, but i am sure something will change by the end of Monday, if not sooner. we were told to stop all reservations of shelters, community centers, campgrounds.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I wonder how mturk is going to be impacted with the school closings... :(

Reactions: HelloHello

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
well, my state governor advised schools close for 2 weeks. My son's school just released a statement saying we're out until April 13. Kiddo is NOT gonna be happy...
yesterday, governor ordered public schools closed 3 weeks starting monday and announced she hasn't determined whether to make that up at the end of the school year, but i'm guessing she'll just executive order this school year will be less than 180 instructional days.

parents going crazy trying to figure out daytime arrangements now that taxpayer funded daycare won't be happening for 3 weeks.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
yesterday, governor ordered public schools closed 3 weeks starting monday and announced she hasn't determined whether to make that up at the end of the school year, but i'm guessing she'll just executive order this school year will be less than 180 instructional days.

parents going crazy trying to figure out daytime arrangements now that taxpayer funded daycare won't be happening for 3 weeks.
It's crazy. They're still doing school lunches though, thank God. I'm one of those families that really relies on school lunch. although I'm not sure how well that's going to prevent the spread of the virus, it's still a group larger than 20.

Reactions: HelloHello

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Man Italy is suspending mortgage payments due to the virus.
I bet it's not "free' mortgage suspensions. when banks and retailers in america have "skip a payment" things, the interest still accumulates.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
It's crazy. They're still doing school lunches though, thank God. I'm one of those families that really relies on school lunch. although I'm not sure how well that's going to prevent the spread of the virus, it's still a group larger than 20.
governor is still figuring out how to do the free kid lunches here, but i bet here and where you are, it's lunch pickup only and your child must eat it at home or in a non-group setting.

Reactions: themildone

PandaThief

Reaction score
I bet it's not "free' mortgage suspensions. when banks and retailers in america have "skip a payment" things, the interest still accumulates.
Let's hope in this case interest doesn't accrue , its part of an crisis package so i doubt there's any fine prints

Status
Not open for further replies.