03/13 - Serial Experiments Sunday!

Do people want a Discord server for chat/trivia/music/etc.? If enough yes votes TH will create one

• Yes

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I don't know what that is

Votes: 21 30.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
I notice very few top turkers post in the day time. That kind of discourages me because the only way I can make other parts of my life work seems to be to be on a day schedule

(this is from observing this forum), pretty sure all of the higher earners are on a night time schedule. Frick I'm mad, maybe because PE is $20.00 today or just feeling like night time turk is the way to go, but to do that I'd have to give up another one of my goals/self improvement pursuits(running)

Mturking is discouraging?(no whine, I'm committed to it and still going forward with it because I have no other options, or at least I don't think I do)
Honestly a lot of the highest earners on here don't post much at ANY time of the day. They spend more time working and less time chatting. Some of the people that are just absolutely spanking Mturk only talk when there's no work to be done.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
I was going to do either "phi" day for 3.14 (Phi Brain) or something White Day related :p

can hardly find anything related to the real White Day... keep finding video for the Korean VR Horror game

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, don't allow me to kill the mood. Carry on, I have to deal with my own motivation issues, my bad for that negative post
This is what you need to know. Money is available around the clock for people who have put in the time and effort to build their skills, quals, and knowledge base. You don't start making $50 a day your first days no more than you start on the diamond slopes on the ski slopes. Just do the work, learn the ropes, take every qual hit you see, listen to what people say, and after a few months you'll be surprised how much you can make in a day if you work hard. I slack off all day long and still manage to sneak in a dollar or two a day.

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
And you spent time on my profile instead of booking hyway @hyway's insane requests or snuggling with kryss @kryssyy
uhhh...
welll...

Title: Label books on a shelf
Requester: BitLit Media Inc. [A34CILAE5MTEW] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.46 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.35 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.87 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.98 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 52
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: You will see a few book spines, you will need to select the name of each book from a dropdown. This should take 1-2 minutes
Time: 15 minutes
Hits Available: 13
Reward: $0.15
Qualifications: Book Spine Identifier is 1

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
uhhh...
welll...

TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 3.35 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.87 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.98 Promptness
Description: You will see a few book spines, you will need to select the name of each book from a dropdown. This should take 1-2 minutes
You good friend buddy guy.
CJ thank you so much.

Azazael

Reaction score
Queso blanco (white velveeta), jalapenos optional
half a can (drained) of rotel/diced tomatoes w/ chilies
1/4 diced onion
chili peppers/spices
nuke stir nuke stir nuke stir
add dollop of sour cream
stir nuke
NIGHT CHEEESE

I am physically unable to live without cheese within a, say, 40 feet radius so when I buy loaves of queso blanco I portion them out into ziplocs into the fridge. Ez button for night cheeeeeeeese
ugh, that sounds amazing right now, sadly i only have the tostitos cheese in a jar, might snack on that...

You could look at it as the top turkers aren't posting in the daytime because they're busy doing HITs but when it's slower at night, they're more active on the forum.
that varies, i tend to chat here a fair amount and aside from the last few weeks (a lot of stuff going on to be dealt with) i made a fair amount daily and chatted my butt off here both day and night

Honestly a lot of the highest earners on here don't post much at ANY time of the day. They spend more time working and less time chatting. Some of the people that are just absolutely spanking Mturk only talk when there's no work to be done.
again, see above, it can also vary on the person. for the longest time i was pulling $40+ days and smack dab in the middle i would take an hour out for playing video games and such, long lunches, long dinners, naps, etc etc, it all depends on what you find to work on and how happy you are working with batches or surveys or whatnot.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
I notice very few top turkers post in the day time. That kind of discourages me because the only way I can make other parts of my life work seems to be to be on a day schedule

(this is from observing this forum), pretty sure all of the higher earners are on a night time schedule. Frick I'm mad, maybe because PE is $20.00 today or just feeling like night time turk is the way to go, but to do that I'd have to give up another one of my goals/self improvement pursuits(running)

Mturking is discouraging?(no whine, I'm committed to it and still going forward with it because I have no other options, or at least I don't think I do)
- Your health is more important than money (she says as she od's on night cheese). Keep up the running/exercise routine.
- I think most would agree that if you want to maximize your overall $ for hours worked, daytime is actually where it's at. Most HITs are posted during "normal" business hours. Now, many are not, batches will last well into the night, sometimes good stuff posts late or when you don't want to work (whether that's day or night). Then it becomes your call as to whether the potential hourly rate on offer is worth your time. I am a big (yuuuuge) proponent of actually not working/wasting your time when only shitty work is up, and instead investing that time in yourself or a more lucrative long-term pursuit.
- Turking/crowdsourcing can indeed be a discouraging endeavor sometimes. Do you have less than 5000 HITs? If so, I would recommend you put numbers over $ as much as you can until you cross that hurdle. If you're already >5K then check the "other ways to make money online" subforum, and also r/workonline and diversify your online work so that you have more work available to you at more times of the day. Everyone here has gone through ups and downs with this kind of work, it's sort of the nature of it (imo) and part of why we're here on MTC. Does this make you feel a tiny bit better? :D

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
uhhh...
welll...

TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 3.35 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.87 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.98 Promptness
Nice deflection.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
This is what you need to know. Money is available around the clock for people who have put in the time and effort to build their skills, quals, and knowledge base. You don't start making $50 a day your first days no more than you start on the diamond slopes on the ski slopes. Just do the work, learn the ropes, take every qual hit you see, listen to what people say, and after a few months you'll be surprised how much you can make in a day if you work hard. I slack off all day long and still manage to sneak in a dollar or two a day.

dammit that's not a button

Reactions: hyway

Azazael

Reaction score
*gets hungry after jklmnop @jklmnop talking about night cheese*
*goes to fridge remembering there was some of the london broil leftover from friday night*
girly ate it
*remembers i had a bunch of local tacos from sat*
girly ate them also
*remembers....*
she also ate that...

lol, this is why my fridge is empty, love her but man, there are never any leftovers for me to munch on at night turking lol

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
*gets hungry after jklmnop @jklmnop talking about night cheese*
*goes to fridge remembering there was some of the london broil leftover from friday night*
girly ate it
*remembers i had a bunch of local tacos from sat*
girly ate them also
*remembers....*
she also ate that...

lol, this is why my fridge is empty, love her but man, there are never any leftovers for me to munch on at night turking lol
*eat girly*

Status
Not open for further replies.