• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
The Secret of Nimh scarred the fuck out of me when I was a kid. Creepy af.
It scared me a bit too. But, I think I learned, and felt, every emotion while watching that movie over and over. Miss Bris's worry, hope and determination. Justin's goofy, but flirty, helpfulness. The great Owl's aloofness. Nicodemus's, almost parent-like, caring.
Jenner, that asshole, taught me that there's much more to people than they present. And Jeremy in love.

It was everything for me. :D

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score

great time to go the store and lunch....$9.00 UNU sitting in queu half over with....Pins, Engines, Zoltrons....my luck...i tell you whut.....
I need a beer....lol

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Consumers and Movies(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Rebecca Krause [A74MBZTNKZVX4] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $11.43] [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.38] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 34] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 23
Description: A brief study involving movie preferences
Requirements: Exc: [79100-78511] DoesNotExist; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.17
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
It scared me a bit too. But, I think I learned, and felt, every emotion while watching that movie over and over. Miss Bris's worry, hope and determination. Justin's goofy, but flirty, helpfulness. The great Owl's aloofness. Nicodemus's, almost parent-like, caring.
Jenner, that asshole, taught me that there's much more to people than they present. And Jeremy in love.

It was everything for me. :D
There were definitely good parts to it but I meant scarred, like scarring/traumatizing lol. What's surprising is after I googled, apparently the NIMH part stands for National Institute of Mental Health and was about some pretty f'd up lab testing. As a child, I was horrified by the lab testing and cruelty toward the animals. I still shudder thinking about it, but that's just me lol. The article sourced below is a little eye opening because it's been forever since I revisited the topic and had no clue about the connection until today.

"Don Bluth's The Secret of NIMH traces its roots back to the novel, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH. And in both cases, NIMH stands for the National Institute of Mental Health. It's a division of the National Institutes of Health and is the single largest scientific organization dedicated to the study of mental health on Earth. And from the 1940s to 1960s, it was the site of some of the worst, most egregious atrocities against an animal population in the modern scientific era." source

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 15 min academic survey | Accept
Requester: Oleg Urminsky [A2UT64NH2GJ8XQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $18.05] [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 4.67] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.57] [Fast: 4.98] [Comm: 4.81] [Fair: 4.96] [Reviews: 156] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $4.28] [Pen: 3.50 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 50% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.50
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 1
Description: Please provide answers to the following questions
Requirements: Caffeine Study DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.17
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: 4ourfuture

Shadowmoo

Contributor
Reaction score
The Secret of Nimh scarred the fuck out of me when I was a kid. Creepy af.
NiMH was my intro to 'what is mental illness'. Yes I had a strange childhood.

Reactions: sinon
Status
Not open for further replies.