03/16 - Maine Coon Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
A big reason why Medicare For All would help immensely. One part of Sanders' plan has been to bring hospitals back to rural areas and areas that are underserved. A system like that already in place would have gone a long way towards this crisis.
well, now - ita.
(politics and all - so anyone who wants to talk about mfa -politics thread :).

but clearly, we're on the cusp of a potential crises these next few weeks. I'm pretty scared.

I'm staying home as much as possible.

jan

Reaction score
On a positive note, perhaps as colleges go online, students who need to complete an experiment will be more likely to use mturk (what choice do they have?). Maybe even batch work will pick up.

alk69

Reaction score
Bars and restaurants are closed here. Take out only can be found I guess. Ohio has turned into a nanny state. Kids will be home from school but police can check on them during the day if mom and pop have to work. Of course, I would allow some stranger come check on my kids while I left them at home alone and went to work. Sure. I'll do that. Sounds like a recipe for having your kids taken away ... or worse.
That's also some kind of real illegal, too. In more ways than one. And that's if you leave out ethics and morality....not to mention good sense.

Reactions: HelloHello

infomista

Reaction score
Since we mentioned the corona virus:I have an 84 year old mother at home with me with COPD and stage 4 breast cancer. I'm trying to get my kids to go along with the selfquarantine thing. They are both in college and now home doing it online. Don't bring the COVID-19 home, or you're GROUNDED!

alk69

Reaction score
My daughter's last day of school for awhile is today.

No more carpool (I'm so relieved! I have asthma and so that puts me at higher risk :(.

Really wish the army corp was starting to build hsp. spaces. We keep doing everything when it's too late. Now is our chance :(.
Americans refuse to be bothered until someone sinks the Arizona.

cassius

Reaction score
That's also some kind of real illegal, too. In more ways than one. And that's if you leave out ethics and morality....not to mention good sense.

jan

Reaction score
they are worried that essential workers (health care workers) can't report to work. This is one of the BIGGEST concerns about closing the schools. They don't expect parents to leave 5 year olds at home, of course. But if you have a young teen and they are at home, it might be a relief to know that someone could check in on them. It seems likely to get THAT bad.

alk69

Reaction score
On a positive note, perhaps as colleges go online, students who need to complete an experiment will be more likely to use mturk (what choice do they have?). Maybe even batch work will pick up.
I kinda thought this, too. This is their chance to focus on research. After all, they can't do anything else.

Reactions: HelloHello and jan

alk69

Reaction score
Since we mentioned the corona virus:I have an 84 year old mother at home with me with COPD and stage 4 breast cancer. I'm trying to get my kids to go along with the selfquarantine thing. They are both in college and now home doing it online. Don't bring the COVID-19 home, or you're GROUNDED!
In this case, grounding first would be my preference. Right after I made it clear that this wasn't a negotiation. And that the stakes were too high for any other response.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Investigating Consumer behavior | Accept
Requester: Sharon Tan [A29DHXNXQ42PO] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.72] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.49] [Fast=4.05] [Comm=2.60] [Fair=4.29] [Reviews=56] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.45
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: Welcome to take part in a consumer behavior study for $ 0.45
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: score infographics | PANDA
Requester: olivia lan [A36HHQIIAXVORB] (Req TV): $9.06/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
in this study, you will score 20 infographics based on your emotional feelings and write down your reasons. we pay you $3 if you complete all the task, and $0.5 more if you write very carefully.
Time: 2 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Tested already DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;
Pretty easy. Maybe 15 minutes.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.