03/17 - For Better or For Worse Friday!

Bacon? Bacon.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpupjean

Reaction score
Is it soda or pop? :thinking:
soda of course, they call it a soda fountain, not a pop fountain. Also, a bubbler is called a bubbler not a drinking fountain or water fountain. Kohler branded the name "The Bubbler", so in fact that is why we call it a bubbler. Kind of like when we call tissue Kleenix even if the tissue is a store brand name.

I don't remember what city I was in, but once I asked where the bubbler was and they looked at me like I had two heads. KInd of funny.

Last edited:

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score
soda of course, they call it a soda fountain, not a pop fountain. Also, a bubbler is called a bubbler not a drinking fountain or water fountain. Kohler branded the name "The Bubbler", so in fact that is why we call it a bubbler. Kind of like when we call tissue Kleenix even if the tissue is a store brand name.

I don't remember what city I was in, but once I asked where the bubbler was and they looked at me like I had two heads. KInd of funny.
I've always called it pop but I spent years traveling all over the country and the general consensus seems to be soda. I don't mind being wrong.
and according to this, I'm wrong about being wrong.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/12/soda-vs-pop_n_2103764.html

Last edited:
Reactions: jan

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

Not A Robot

VERIFIED HUMAN
Contributor
Reaction score
That's how I feel about them too but more than half the time I feel that way someone is making bank off the thing I don't like.

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
That's how I feel about them too but more than half the time I feel that way someone is making bank off the thing I don't like.
That's always going to be the case. I don't worry too much about what other people are doing, just what I need to do to meet the needs that I set for myself. If someone else is do something I don't want to do? Oh well. Not my problem.

ElleWoods

Walking in a Turker Wonderland
Contributor
Reaction score
That's always going to be the case. I don't worry too much about what other people are doing, just what I need to do to meet the needs that I set for myself. If someone else is do something I don't want to do? Oh well. Not my problem.
It's nice to see something so logical so early in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.