03/21 - Theory Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Can you make sense out of a weird reasoning in arguments? [~2 mins/HIT] (pilot study) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Ivan Habernal, UKP Lab, TU Darmstadt [A87A1R8LI6V7P] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.08] [Fair: 4.43] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 3.44] [Reviews: 12] [ToS: 0]
Description:
This HIT requires creativity, logical thinking, and imagination!
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 14
Reward: $0.17
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 96; Location is US;

these are pretty easy

Mr. Krabs

Another Day Another Nickel
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Only native speakers of American English, make 40 recordings of yourself saying short phrases.(20170321_en_US) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Acme Data Collection [A3A1AJ4RPLTOLY] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.64] [Fair: 4.91] [Comm: 3.50] [Fast: 4.48] [Reviews: 88] [ToS: 5]
Description:
Please answer a few demographic questions, then record yourself saying short phrases.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.50
Qualifications: Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.18.2

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Today's Projected Earnings: $105.07 + Bonuses: $25.00 = $130.07

My best day on Mturk. I literally can't believe it. It is possible for everyone. Before I knew about forums and scripts and whatnot I was struggling to scrape $20. Love y'all. :love:

Li0ness

Ferocity, stubbornness and sass
Reaction score
My kid is home on Spring Break this week and after getting his braces bill yesterday I almost wanted to find some work he can do online this week to help out! Kids are expensive, sigh. But super worth it.

(He did earn $5 yesterday for taking care of a neighbor's dog and actually offered me $3 of it and part of his future earnings to help pay for the braces. That was so sweet! I told him to keep it for when we go on vacation and use it as spending money so I don't have to give him any.)
Aww! That's adorable. I was That Kid With Braces too, so I have empathy. Also, I bit my orthodontist. Zero regrets. (I'm sorry, if you're telling me to wave if it hurts, and I'm waving and you don't stop, I'm going to chomp.)

TBH, part of my money that isn't going into coffers for future wedding (knock on wood...) fund is going into savings to start a couple 529 plans before we even have kids. Josh thinks I'm nuts. Every time he comments, though, I just ask him how much student loan debt he has, and he shuts up.

Reactions: tricker and jan

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score

My best day on Mturk. I literally can't believe it. It is possible for everyone. Before I knew about forums and scripts and whatnot I was struggling to scrape $20. Love y'all. :love:
Damn great job! I'm still salty I missed the DD twice lol - maybe tomorrow

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score

You da real mvp! congrats. I'm proud of you.

Not A Robot

VERIFIED HUMAN
Contributor
Reaction score
Haha, that sounds about right. Here's hoping she was cool about it. Isn't it cool how music basically works as time travel?
For sure, I think that's why music is so awesome. It's really good at bringing back memories!

Reactions: minkyboodle

Not A Robot

VERIFIED HUMAN
Contributor
Reaction score

Shit, I should have done more of those Deep Dialogues instead of farting around. What time did you start?

Reactions: humbleturker

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Aww! That's adorable. I was That Kid With Braces too, so I have empathy. Also, I bit my orthodontist. Zero regrets. (I'm sorry, if you're telling me to wave if it hurts, and I'm waving and you don't stop, I'm going to chomp.)

TBH, part of my money that isn't going into coffers for future wedding (knock on wood...) fund is going into savings to start a couple 529 plans before we even have kids. Josh thinks I'm nuts. Every time he comments, though, I just ask him how much student loan debt he has, and he shuts up.
A 529 plan is a great idea. The earlier you start the better! (Can you start them for someone who isn't born yet? Or do you have to start it for a born person then transfer it over to your kid(s) when they arrive?) My son's 529 won't pay for all 4 years of college, but if he does it right he can get out of a four year school with very minimal or no loan debt. He will have to work a little bit, but that will be good for him. I still have five more years before he goes to college so I'm hoping it increases a lot more in that time! Mturk is what helps me pay for those braces and the savings.

and lol about the ortho. One year I wasn't allowed to go trick or treating because I refused to open my mouth for my dentist. I got punished, couldn't trick or treat, then one morning mom told me to swallow two little red pills with my breakfast. She had to carry me in to the dentist's office that day :)

Reactions: Li0ness

jayjay

Contributor
Reaction score
capped at 118 sergeys

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Find the Requested Contact Information for the given contact | PANDA
Requester: Christa Ghent [A8BCY0XXFE6ZQ] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Given the contact information, find the URL for their official website and email address for the individual
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 7536
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 98; Total approved HITs is greater than 5000;

I need to rest my eyes but these look good.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score

That is awesome! I just upped my daily TO $20 per day, lol. It was $10 but now I'm pushing myself. You just gave me more confidence that I can DO THIS. (I only turk part time when I'm not doing the day job.)

Reactions: humbleturker

Not A Robot

VERIFIED HUMAN
Contributor
Reaction score
Just got a qual invite from Stanford HCI, anyone have this? What's it for?

Message from Stanford HCI
---------------------------------
Thanks for completing our brainstorming task. We would like to invite you to complete our future tasks with a team, to receive the qualification please fill out this form: [redacted]

Status
Not open for further replies.