03/21 - Worlock Wednesday

Do you sleep with your socks on or off?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
The problem with saying something like that for me is everyone gets dollar sign floating in their eyes and they want me to be their full-time personal coach to the world of turking, that is until they actually try it, hate it and go tell everyone how much what I do sucks.
Same here, but I tell them to submit an application and get approved (since Amazon doesn't approve all that many new turkers it seems). I also mention they have to give Amazon their SSN (that scares a few off). Then if they're still wanting to join, I tell them there is no way to "coach" anyone as each person has to find their own groove and preferred hits, but I would be happy to send them a link to a forum that I used to start learning what works for me.

It's a nice way of saying, "Dude, I learned it without a personal coach, you can, too."

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Ahem. I think I could out-x-hours-a-day-turking most of you! :p
Very true.
My stamina is in the shitter, has been since I "quit" caffeine.

But I'm always keeping an eye out for work as long as I'm awake.

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Being here 18 hours a day sounds like losing.
It kind of is. Unless the day is on fire, then there's a sense of diminishing return on time spent to cash money earned. And yeah, there's the whole thing where interacting socially becomes something alien after watching Hitfinder for a straight week.

Binxybaby

Reaction score
In regards to the poll, I put socks on before bed because my feet are almost always cold. Then I take them off because they usually make me hot. I don't normally fall asleep with them on tho, if I do its by accident lol

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm alive, or something resembling alive at least. Surgery went well and they think they got all the infected bone out, there is a little infection left in surrounding tissues so no sutures yet. I wouldn't say it is great, but I could feel worse. Thank you to those who wished me well and once the prosthetic and teeth are in I'll post a pic....I don't have the guts to put one today.

What did you have done? Sounds pretty major, I hope you are feeling okay.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey on economic decisions (url] | [url=https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3GRRK9BQWRK0BIQ05PUTGTYLQM8DPN/tasks/accept_random]Accept
Requester: Patrick Barclay [A38UP9PVC2022F] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $26.27] [Pay: 4.70] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.29] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 15] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.20
Duration: 40 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Answer surveys and make economic decisions. Earn $1.20 bonus.
Requirements: FD_participated DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.17
[/url][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3GRRK9BQWRK0BIQ05PUTGTYLQM8DPN/tasks[/td][/tr]

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy
Status
Not open for further replies.