Status
Not open for further replies.

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Non-turk related question, but figured it can't hurt to ask because someone might be able to help...

Long story short I have about 300 comic books I'm looking to sell and only want to sell on eBay as a last resort. What other options are out there for selling comics books? I haven't had the chance to go through all of them yet... but they seem like a good mix of Marvel, DC, and Walt Disney comics ranging from 1960 -1991. They are all in excellent condition and I bought them for $1/ea because the guy is moving and doesn't want to deal with them. Hoping to make my money back plus some. I have a feeling that some are pretty valuable, but don't know for sure just yet. *fingers crossed*

Might repost in here.

Reactions: PhantomCatt

Digital Nomad

Reaction score

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Non-turk related question, but figured it can't hurt to ask because someone might be able to help...

Long story short I have about 300 comic books I'm looking to sell and only want to sell on eBay as a last resort. What other options are out there for selling comics books? I haven't had the chance to go through all of them yet... but they seem like a good mix of Marvel, DC, and Walt Disney comics ranging from 1960 -1991. They are all in excellent condition and I bought them for $1/ea because the guy is moving and doesn't want to deal with them. Hoping to make my money back plus some. I have a feeling that some are pretty valuable, but don't know for sure just yet. *fingers crossed*

Well, I can't tell you how to get rid of them en masse, but if you need help figuring out what you've got, Misterego knows a lot about that kind of stuff.

Some comic shops will buy older comics, if you have important issues. General collectibles shops will as well.

Digital Nomad

Reaction score
Title: Label images based on their relevance for the query. | PANDA
Requester: ProductRnR [A2BAP2QO7MMQI9] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 2.22 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 2.70 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.27 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 2.94 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 380
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Label images based on their relevance for the query.
Time: 20 minutes
Hits Available: 695
Reward: $0.08
Qualifications: Quality score 4.2 - AutoGranted on Request is greater than 50; HIT abandonment rate (%) is less than 20; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Global Quality Score is greater than 5; Quality score 4.1 - AutoGranted on Request is less than 30

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score

I'd research each one and see what they're fetching, then head to the local comic book exchange and see what they'd offer.

Digital Nomad

Reaction score
Reactions: Chroi

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
no offense, but...
I got paid 8 cent for 30 seconds of work. and it wasn't a scam hit. Does anyone have a rejection from it?

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I can't believe people are green-lighting fake Serg's TO. Even if the rejections were reversed, if this guy was an honest requester we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't believe people are green-lighting fake Serg's TO. Even if the rejections were reversed, if this guy was an honest requester we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
mistakes happen. i'm willing to give him a shot
/shrug

Reactions: Chroi and Kerek

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
plenty of requesters have had weird mass rejections, and fixed it once discovered. I can't imagine anyone with knowledge of just who many turkers are, would want to do a hit using a website/business that they are trying to promote. Think about what turkers have put together here for free, TO, HM, HS, etc. There are a lot of strong IT/hacker type people using mturk. They could demolish anyone's hope of ever having a virus free website

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
Well, I can't tell you how to get rid of them en masse, but if you need help figuring out what you've got, Misterego knows a lot about that kind of stuff.

Some comic shops will buy older comics, if you have important issues. General collectibles shops will as well.
I found a couple of sites that tell me what they're valued at, and a few sites that even offer to purchase them individually if they are in demand. Of the 6 random one's I grabbed I can sell 4 of the 6 to https://www.mycomicshop.com/ for about $20. The other 2 are only valued at $3 and they don't want them. I can't wait to get my hands on the old batman one's tomorrow!!! My problem is that I don't know which site to trust or which is better... basically looking for recommendations :) I appreciate all the responses so far! :)

Last edited:

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
mistakes happen. i'm willing to give him a shot
/shrug
plenty of requesters have had weird mass rejections, and fixed it once discovered. I can't imagine anyone with knowledge of just who many turkers are, would want to do a hit using a website/business that they are trying to promote. Think about what turkers have put together here for free, TO, HM, HS, etc. There are a lot of strong IT/hacker type people using mturk. They could demolish anyone's hope of ever having a virus free website
I didn't mean about the rejections or the hit itself, more the impersonation attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.