03/28 - Trailer Tuesday!

Did you nominate someone for Crowd Pleaser?

• Yes, I did!

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • No, but I will right now! goo.gl/KFpHYY

Votes: 36 76.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Wisdom of the crowd wanted: Marketing Project | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Alexander Klamar [A1LJ3HM1RURP6S] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Description: Your task will be to develop a marketing plan together with two other "Turkers", as we want to profit from the "wisdom of the crowd". As this is part of a research project, you will also be asked a few questions before and after working on the task.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: None;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.20.8

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Forgot to add ... Because I like to reduce things to the ridiculous: 10k raise is about $833/mo less 25% taxes is $625. Take out your monthly parking, loss vacation time and turking monies (due to loss in flexibility) and I have a feeling you would be almost breaking even.

That being said ... what are your future goals and what company offers more potential in terms of retirement, insurance bennys and matching 401k/stock options?

Good luck in whatever you decide! I support you 100%!! :D Good for you :purpleheart:
Exactly what I just told my husband. I said well that 10k would be the turk money I lose out on plus I've been at my job for so long I can retire in 14 years if I want. Yeah pretty sure you all helped me decide 100 percent.

Now where are the 5's!!!

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
First, congratulations! It's nice to have two good things to choose from! Is there anyone in your life who could weigh in on this? And for me, I would not leave the job with the recent promotion and long employment. Also, vacation time and flexible hours are not to be overlooked as reasons. I personally would think twice about taking a new job to go work where a friend works, because sometimes things happen at work and then the friendship is negatively affected. Or you have to work in the same place after the friendship is over. But those are unlikely scenarios, anyway. Still, I would stay at the place that has treated you so well for 16 years!
Unless...are you unhappy at all in your current job?
Heck they all weigh and say do what you want, I support you. Welll I need someone to say Liz you are being a dumbass and stay where you are! But everyone has said that here, in a nice way of course.

Reactions: Jaded and KYLaura

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 526

what's a good extension to translate the ci's to english? if there is 1.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Heck they all weigh and say do what you want, I support you. Welll I need someone to say Liz you are being a dumbass and stay where you are! But everyone has said that here, in a nice way of course.
"weighing in"

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Curious question? Should we be doing HITs that are in German when we don't speak German?
I wouldn't, but that's just me. Especially since the instructions are in German. If the requester wanted English speakers to be doing it, I think it'd say that and/or have English instructions.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
I wouldn't, but that's just me. Especially since the instructions are in German. If the requester wanted English speakers to be doing it, I think it'd say that and/or have English instructions.
That was my line of thinking.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Curious question? Should we be doing HITs that are in German when we don't speak German?
I was going to ask this.

If the instructions AND the hits are in German that seems like it's not for English speakers.

Unless there are a lot more German speakers here than I realized. :thinking:

Reactions: Vanyanka and Kerek

KYLaura

Reaction score
I think that considering 10k a year is not being a dumbass. That's a lot of money. It sounds like you want to stay where you are though, and I think you should listen to your heart. And if you are saving up good reasons to tell the friend why you aren't going to work there, don't give my reasons about the negatives of working where a friend does. No need to cause the very thing my reason was supposed to prevent!

Reactions: Liz and Vanyanka
Status
Not open for further replies.