04/02 - Time Stand Still Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR

Reaction score

TabethaC

Reaction score
Title: Discussion task - bonus up to $12/hour if completed (1554228661534) | Accept
Requester: Stanford HCI [A2OBPXCZ1Q3PFU] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$32.84] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Acceptable] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.92] [Fast=4.49] [Comm=3.73] [Fair=4.97] [Reviews=57] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=16.25] [Pen=0.21] [Res=1.00] [Rec=100] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 2:40:00
Available: 1
Description: Work in groups to discuss facts. This task will take approximately 55 minutes. There will be a compensated waiting period, and if you complete the entire task you will receive a bonus of $9.50.
Qualifications: hasBanged DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.8
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Neemo

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
You're not trying to NiftySplit/drag them into another window by chance? Not a clue why that would happen otherwise.
I tried nifty/split, opening in a new Chrome tab and also opening a new tab in Firefox. None of them worked for me.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Demographics survey | Accept
Requester: Panos Ipeirotis [A3DL93QTPE513P] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Steelblue]22.38[/color]] [Pay=[color=Steelblue]Generous[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Demographics survey
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.8
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
I tried nifty/split, opening in a new Chrome tab and also opening a new tab in Firefox. None of them worked for me.
Not sure then, just clicking on the links works fine for me, otherwise if I try to niftysplit I get an about:blank tab.

Reactions: Trucker

nmelssx

Reaction score
must have spent 30 minutes in the check out line at walmart. i've had various experiences at this particular store. Lately their latest thing is to hire the area Somalis to work which is fine. they know what they are doing. but this morning, the poor lady couldn't count at least in English, not at all. it was obvious when she picked up items that the people in front of me had that were the same and rang them up individually instead of hitting the multiple key. she didn't know her money either. it wasn't put on. it was very obvious she had no clue what to do. i gave her a 100 bill to pay for 34 $ worth of stuff. she gave me about 21$ in change. I did control my reaction. And the gentleman behind me was also Somali and perhaps worked at walmart because he helped us work through this little problem. I got the change needed on my calculator, showed him the change when it was finally correct and let him count it so he could assure her we got it straightened out. i guess the point of the thing is walmart does not give a competency test? the poor lady didn't know a one dollar bill from the others nor a dime from a nickel.
Yes, they should at least let people who work there know that 100 dollars is a cent, 2 dimes are a nickel, 5 quarters are a nickel, ect.

Reactions: cassius

Minx2121

Reaction score
If I already shared this one please disregard lol
Title: Policy Opinions(~ 13 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Krosch Lab [A24RK7QQFRUIT3] (Req TV): $16.03/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
U.S. citizens are invited to participate in a study about their opinions on a specific policy issue.
Time: 45 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 41
Reward: $2.10
Qualifications: Exc: [387414860-138280] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; TP Panel: 234912493 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

Reactions: C to the J

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Not sure then, just clicking on the links works fine for me, otherwise if I try to niftysplit I get an about:blank tab.
They seem to be working now, but still not in Nifty Split.

Reactions: aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Those links use javascript to open the correct URLs, so I think they'll only open by clicking the link on that page. They do open a popup window/tab though. Do you have popups blocked on MTurk? Maybe you have a script installed that might be interfering with it?

edit: nvm :p

Reactions: Trucker

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Yes, they should at least let people who work there know that 100 dollars is a cent, 2 dimes are a nickel, 5 quarters are a nickel, ect.
I asked that this be dropped. I'm going to start editing any more comments about it. This is not the place for this sort of discussion.

Reactions: broomperson

nmelssx

Reaction score
I asked that this be dropped. I'm going to start editing any more comments about it. This is not the place for this sort of discussion.
I was just kidding...

And I'm sure cassius didn't mean any generalization or offense in his post.

PandaThief

Reaction score
Heads up if you can't find a website for Gary Phipps, enter COULDN'T RESOLVE instead of n/a. I emailed him about rejections which he didn't get rid of because I used n/a instead of that, and I told him to put them on the instructions of his HIT but of course that didn't happen either.
Guy doesn't know what he's doing, i encouraged him to put a qual on his hits because he said he was getting some bad data, ofc he didn't do that. I asked him to reverse my rejections because there was no instructions in the hit when he first posted them and i instead put n/a just like you did and of course he didn't do that either. Said he was going to up the pay for his hits to around 12c because some sites are slow to load and course didn't do that either lol.
Also didn't include instructions in the hit as he stated he would These were sweet at 33c when he first posted them but not bad at 10 either. I'll continue doing them and eat the 13 rejections i guess.

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
Guy doesn't know what he's doing, i encouraged him to put a qual on his hits because he said he was getting some bad data, ofc he didn't do that. I asked him to reverse my rejections because there was no instructions in the hit when he first posted them and i instead put n/a just like you did and of course he didn't do that either. Said he was going to up the pay for his hits to around 12c because some sites are slow to load and course didn't do that either lol.
Also didn't include instructions in the hit as he stated he would These were sweet at 33c when he first posted them but not bad at 10 either. I'll continue doing them and eat the 13 rejections i guess.
To be fair to him, he mentioned he was a new requester when I messaged him, but it's still annoying either way.

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

alk69

Reaction score
OH, it gets much worse, soon you will wake up with hairs sticking out of places you never imagined, and your voice will get lower and creepier
you will get sudden feelings on wanting to attack kids kicking their balls in your yard.

mucus, lots of mucus
prostrate the size of a football, and when you go to see the Doctor about it, he will ask how old you are, then say "You've peed long enough"

But HEY, look on the bright side, you can now save 75 cents on the early bird Denny's or IHOP specials
and you can use your sag balls as a weapon, kinda like nunchucks...
And there you did it again. And I read it. I should know better by now. ..But ya just gotta look at the 18 wheeler piled up on 15 compact cars in the middle of the freeway......... So, you're back to your old self. Good, as I'm frequently bored.

Reactions: Concise and GTR
Status
Not open for further replies.