• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score
37 virals. literally started my panda the second they started, but I had a some surveys in queue and was in the middle of another task. Ain't mad about it.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
You have to play their games. Get him to walk you through an hour long sell, ask the same questions over and over and over, say really dumb stuff to raise his rage meter to maximum and then at the last minute tell him youre not interested and hang up.
I won't even spend an hour working on well-paying HITs that my future self would love for me to do. Why would I ever talk on the phone with someone for that long over nothing?

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score
You have to play their games. Get him to walk you through an hour long sell, ask the same questions over and over and over, say really dumb stuff to raise his rage meter to maximum and then at the last minute tell him youre not interested and hang up.
I started out so nice bu
TL;DR - nuffin.

Last edited:

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
OMG, you guys. I just got a call from someone that wanted to sell me auto insurance. (and it's something I somehow got signed up for via mturk scam hit when i first started.) They're calling from overseas, they call 5-6 times a day and it's infuriating. Every time I'm nice and say "take me off your list." Today I told them if I got one more call I was going to take my phone records to a lawyer and sue them for $1500 a pop because that was the law here. (I'm not sure on that but whatever.) I said "Are you aware of that?" He said "No, so you're not interested?" I said no, happy with current insurance. Again, take me of the list. Here's where it get's interesting.

He says: "Fuck you, bitch." And I let loose with a stream of profanity (unfortunately in front of my entire family - that looked at me a little worried then were rolling laughing) that he probably didn't even understand half of because I'm very creative in my cursing. Bet he calls again tomorrow anyway...
post their number in a penny hit so the mturk community can rip them a new one

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score
I really need A9s to approve from yesterday. It's looking orange in here.

Reactions: heeheehahaha

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score
is there a number to block? or do they call from other numbers? honestly, i might change my phone number.........
They keep calling from all kinds of different numbers. I keep blocking and they just call from another. I thought about it but figured eventually they'll stop. It's so irksome.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
They keep calling from all kinds of different numbers. I keep blocking and they just call from another. I thought about it but figured eventually they'll stop. It's so irksome.
Take some time to record yourself talking about some incredibly boring subject.... make sure to ask questions frequently and leave pauses in the audio like you are waiting for a response... then every time they call start the recording and walk away. Their time is money... use it.

Reactions: SpookyMyers
Status
Not open for further replies.