Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
There's a person here cleaning my carpets and making lots of noise so I'm hiding in the bedroom with my laptop and not being particularly productive. I feel like this is a "grown-up" situation where I don't know the rules. Am I supposed to make myself scarce while he works? Is it weird that I'm in the house at all? I'd have to be here to let him in, right? Like... serious questions here. What's the etiquette when someone's doing work on your house?

Anyway, get ready for the big batches to drop because I'm not gonna get much work done for the next couple of hours.
It's always a lil awkward at first. I was the same in the beginning when the cleaning lady was here, but you get used to it. It's your house, he's the guest ... not you :) Just do your thing and spread happiness! Your smiling face may be the only one he sees today :wink:

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
These Percy's are making me hate my life. I had 3 left out of a full queue, and just got hit with 10 more. There's nothing else going on, but damn these suck bad.
percys? where?

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok. Was harsh of me. I apologize. But I wish you would be nicer to people. Have a good day.
Well, for that, I'd need a different kind of hospital

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Consumer Decisions - Cruise Survey(~ 17 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: UCLA Anderson Researcher [A3F2ELCFTPI9GB] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Description: Behavioral Survey. Approximately 17 minutes. Compensation: $2.50.
Time: 40 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.50
Qualifications: Exc: [1003347454-39140] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.20.18

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It's always a lil awkward at first. I was the same in the beginning when the cleaning lady was here, but you get used to it. It's your house, he's the guest ... not you :) Just do your thing and spread happiness! Your smiling face may be the only one he sees today :wink:
You are such a sweetheart, thank you <3

ElleWoods

Walking in a Turker Wonderland
Contributor
Reaction score
even this one?
Title: Only Take this survey If You have NEVER Posted on Mturkcrowd.com | PANDA
Requester: Media Effects Project [A2ZS1GIA770BER] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.56 Generosity
★★★★ 4.27 Fairness
★★★★ 4.70 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 36 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: bang your head on the wall for 2 hours and video tape it!
Time: 4 hours
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: US Political Affiliation - Liberal is 1;Location is one of: US-AL, US-AR, US-DC, US-DE, US-FL, US-GA, US-KY, US-LA, US-MD, US-MS, US-NC, US-SC, US-TN, US-VA, US-WV
Well the title itself would mean no. Unless I'm a big fat liar.

Reactions: thedorchannel

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
how much do you guys pay for food each week? not including alcohol :LOL:
If i go shopping maybe $50 for two people? (that includes an averaged cost of things like tp and stuff)

if my fiancee goes shopping its $80 for the first 3 days, then i have to go out and spend $20 for the rest of the week

I used to spend around $30 a week on alcohol (for home) but now I've cut it down to $10/week

edit: less if i can pilfer whatever things my friend grows in his massive garden

Last edited:

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: [04.07.2017] DC Experiment - Recruitment | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: CERL Vanderbilt [A38N5LYPK46FY3] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.34] [Fast: 4.82] [Comm: 4.68] [Fair: 4.86] [Reviews: 36] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Participants are recruited for an experiment in coordination on networks. The experiment is very simple, will amount to playing a game with other participants, and will offer subjects an opportunity to earn as much as $15.00/hour, although earnings will vary depending on performance and extent of participation. The experiment will run in two phases: first, the recruitment and tutorial phase, which will take approximately 25 minutes and pay $2.00 (no games will be played in this phase), and second, the actual experiment, which will take approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes and pay between $9.75 and $24.05. This task requires basic English proficiency, which we will evaluate using a short proficiency test. Once you complete the tutorial you will also need to pass a short test assessing your understanding of the game and the experiment setup.
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 100; Recruited for Adversarial DC Experiments has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.20.18

Yungskell

Mturk Hustler
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: casualwarfare

vickiJ

Contributor
Reaction score
There's a person here cleaning my carpets and making lots of noise so I'm hiding in the bedroom with my laptop and not being particularly productive. I feel like this is a "grown-up" situation where I don't know the rules. Am I supposed to make myself scarce while he works? Is it weird that I'm in the house at all? I'd have to be here to let him in, right? Like... serious questions here. What's the etiquette when someone's doing work on your house?

Anyway, get ready for the big batches to drop because I'm not gonna get much work done for the next couple of hours.
He would prefer that you stay out of the way, so good job there! I always offer them something to drink, and I always smile, and I tell him I appreciate the work, and good job. Anything more than that just slows him down.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Get a mug with coffee, lazily lean against the wall and watch the guy doing work the entire time, don't say anything except sometimes go "I think you missed a spot there, might want to go over it again" and then sigh really loudly like you can't wait for the whole thing to be finished. That will produce the best results.

Status
Not open for further replies.