04/07 - Treasurable Hits Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
They're looking for "workers who have been requesters on MTurk, we are planning to run a study" :nod:
Yeah, it looks like they're qual'ing for those $4 HITs that they have up? It seems like an odd way to verify, though.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmmm...

Message from Krypton Labs
---------------------------------
Hello Turkers-

Thank you again for participating in our study. A number of you have asked when we will be resuming data collection. The answer is, very soon. However, there have been a number of changes made, which I will outline now:

- Unbanning: Those who have received temporary bans will be unbanned tonight at 12 am UTC, which is 7pm Eastern time, 5pm Pacific Time. You will have to re-take the practice.

- Slowing Down Data Aquisition: We are very appreciative of how willing our participants have been to complete our task. However, we will be decreasing the number of HITs posted per week from unlimited to around 4,000 / week. To ensure that everyone who wants to is able to participate, we will be decreasing the number of HITs you are allowed to complete per day.

- Preventing Exploitating: As many of you know, we had some trouble with users attempting to exploit our tasks. To prevent this, we have put additional measure into place. You won't notice a change beyond it taking slightly longer for the HITs to load. Unfortunately, this is unavoidable. But thank you again for all of your advice and attempts to help.

- More Time For Choices: We will be increasing the amount of time you have to make your decisions. However, as always, the reward is pegged to the average time it takes users to complete the HIT and you are still expected to work as quickly as you can. The goal is not to make the HIT longer (it's not, there is still the same number of choices per HIT) but to help people who have slower computers, etc.

We will begin running again very soon, so keep any eye out! If you encounter any errors, or have any questions, as always do not hesitate to contact us. Happy turking!

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmmm...

Hello Turkers-

Thank you again for participating in our study. A number of you have asked when we will be resuming data collection. The answer is, very soon. However, there have been a number of changes made, which I will outline now:

- Unbanning: Those who have received temporary bans will be unbanned tonight at 12 am UTC, which is 7pm Eastern time, 5pm Pacific Time. You will have to re-take the practice.

- Slowing Down Data Aquisition: We are very appreciative of how willing our participants have been to complete our task. However, we will be decreasing the number of HITs posted per week from unlimited to around 4,000 / week. To ensure that everyone who wants to is able to participate, we will be decreasing the number of HITs you are allowed to complete per day.

- Preventing Exploitating: As many of you know, we had some trouble with users attempting to exploit our tasks. To prevent this, we have put additional measure into place. You won't notice a change beyond it taking slightly longer for the HITs to load. Unfortunately, this is unavoidable. But thank you again for all of your advice and attempts to help.

- More Time For Choices: We will be increasing the amount of time you have to make your decisions. However, as always, the reward is pegged to the average time it takes users to complete the HIT and you are still expected to work as quickly as you can. The goal is not to make the HIT longer (it's not, there is still the same number of choices per HIT) but to help people who have slower computers, etc.

We will begin running again very soon, so keep any eye out! If you encounter any errors, or have any questions, as always do not hesitate to contact us. Happy turking!
that doesn't sound good

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmmm...

Hello Turkers-

Oh... in other words not worth watching for anymore.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
cause his hits lately are either qualled/masters and i have neither :salt:
His quals right now are dis-quals for anyone that did them so there's salt all around.

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
Heh. I never did a qual hit. As far as I know I don't even have a qual for this...but I will continue to vary all my requests to the best of my ability!
Cool. They send out two batches of each one unqual and the other qualed.

Reactions: tricker

catnapped

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Choosing eye catching images | PANDA
Requester: Krypton Labs [A1RPGGKICRYDKC] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.20 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.77 Generosity
★★★★ 4.67 Fairness
★★★★ 4.78 Promptness

Number of Reviews: 23
TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Choosing eye catching images. These HITs are always instantly accepted.
Time: 25 minutes
HITs Available: 34
Reward: $0.45
Qualifications: Practice for image selection task passed has been granted;Daily task limit is greater than 0;Temporary ban has not been granted;Location is one of: AU, BM, CA, GB, IE, NZ, US, VI

catnapped

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Roscoe E Goldchain

Tigerpants

Murderer of Threads
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Select images from a piece of adult content | PANDA
Requester: AdultNetHITs [A2GGMBBJ00PKKX] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 3.69 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.43 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.94 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.24 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 66
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: View images from a piece of adult content and match them with keywords
Time: 10 minutes
Hits Available: 185
Reward: $0.07
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Adult Content Qualification is 1

Everybodies favorite.

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I did a qual test for restaurants and for taxis and for movies. It was the same as the ones that are up now for pizza and lunch and coffee. Some people may have gotten them without a qual test, but I wasn't one of them.
I honestly have no idea. I did several things. Requested the qual through the OCMP hit saying you aren't qualified but you can request. Then I sent them an email suggesting that I felt I had done quality work. and could I please continue to work on the hits. It worked out for me. I have no idea which strategy was the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.