04/08 - SmAshing Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbwire

Averagely-known member
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to seem nosy but is the OW you are talking about overwatch? What exactly is that? is it like Turkmaster? I am not very tech savy or up to date on all the cool gadgets and doodads people use to turk better/more efficiently but i know alot of people say turkmaster sucks and i swear someone told me yesterday to use something called overwatch i think? I was just wondering if you could give me your opinion on it? Thanks for any advice or help you (or anyone else reading this that wants to chime in) can give me! I am a sponge ready to soak up some knowledge
it's a replacement for hit monitor

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Morning!

I feel that things have been business as usual (but with a bit more hustle) for the daily workers. Probably more difficult for those with children and other priorities. There's work, but in smaller windows, so if you happen to be SOL for any given day, it becomes more apparent. Even shittier if you're missing some vital quals.

Zoltars are nice for their previous consistency, but we've become way too fat and complacent on them, which is a bad habit for this kind of work platform.

Annnyway, this is far too much bigboy talk for a nice Saturday morning so I'll just leave it with a highly amusing image.

ElleWoods

Walking in a Turker Wonderland
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to seem nosy but is the OW you are talking about overwatch? What exactly is that? is it like Turkmaster? I am not very tech savy or up to date on all the cool gadgets and doodads people use to turk better/more efficiently but i know alot of people say turkmaster sucks and i swear someone told me yesterday to use something called overwatch i think? I was just wondering if you could give me your opinion on it? Thanks for any advice or help you (or anyone else reading this that wants to chime in) can give me! I am a sponge ready to soak up some knowledge
Yes it is overwatch. It's just a watcher. you put in a req id and run it. It will notify you when that requester posts.

Reactions: Kerek

Taco Tuesday

SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HERE
Reaction score
it's a replacement for hit monitor

OHHHH ok whew! Noone laugh at me but as soon as I sent that message I thought to myself "Damnit Sara, Overwatch is a freaking Xbox one game you Fidiot!!!!" Its good to hear its a real thing for mturk also lol

Reactions: KYKITTY and Kerek

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score
Get Panda Crazy and Mturk Suite if you don't have those.

Reactions: C to the J

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Turkmaster doesn't suck.
Just not a lot of people use it to it's full potential.

Taco Tuesday

SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HERE
Reaction score
Turkmaster doesn't suck.
Just not a lot of people use it to it's full potential.
Thank you finally i find someone who agrees with me! Except I have noticed lately that if i have turkmaster AND hit notifier running at the same time my computer will lock up for a good ten minutes or so...

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score
Is that the thing kaduchi made recently? And it plays some weird rock song everytime it accepts a HIT you had on your list?
both. Mturk suite is the one Kadauchi @Kadauchi made recently. PC is the one that plays the song about not taking presents from strangers. They actually work together now since kad added the "Hit Catcher" part. It will automatically add a panda to pc right from the mturk page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kerek

Barbwire

Averagely-known member
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: The Video Speed Game ($1.75 for ~15 min) | PANDA
Requester: GilbertLab [A1F1L6P4L69ZJG] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.98] [Fair: 4.65] [Comm: 3.94] [Fast: 4.67] [Reviews: 126] [ToS: 0]
Description:
These videos have been slowed down or sped up. Can you get them to their true speed?
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.75
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US;

jan

Reaction score
Is BitLit gone, too?
http://www.shelfie.com/
Rakuten Kobo Inc., one of the world’s most innovative eReading companies, today announced it has acquired Shelfie, a service that was built to enable customers to get free or discounted eBook versions of books in their print libraries, and get recommendations based on print books they already own. Founded in 2013 by Peter Hudson and Marius Muja, as BitLit Media Inc., Shelfie grew..........

Taco Tuesday

SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HERE
Reaction score
both. Mturk suite is the one Kadauchi @Kadauchi made recently. PC is the one that plays the song about not taking presents from strangers.
omg haha is that what the song is saying!? My husband uses it on his laptop (and being in the military has made him practically deaf i swear, so he CRANKS his speaker volume up) And so every 10 seconds i gotta listen to it. You guys ever get an annoying song stuck in your head that you HATE (and because you hate it you dont even bother to learn or pay attention to the words, you just make up words that are basically like the sound of the wawa pedal of a guitar but in word form) but when you hear it you just sing along super enthusiastically using the nonsensical words (i get really into it, watch out Mariah Carey you got competition) yeah thats what that annoying song has done to me... ill BELT that shit out for ALL the neighbors to hear lol i bet they think it is some freaky foreplay thing or something by now what with all the "OH YEAAAAHHHH'S!!!" and "HURRY UP AND FINISH ALREADY!!!" and also "HOW MUCH LONGER CAN YOU POSSIBLY LASSSSSTTT????!!!!!"

Reactions: The Bad Ash

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score
omg haha is that what the song is saying!? My husband uses it on his laptop (and being in the military has made him practically deaf i swear, so he CRANKS his speaker volume up) And so every 10 seconds i gotta listen to it. You guys ever get an annoying song stuck in your head that you HATE (and because you hate it you dont even bother to learn or pay attention to the words, you just make up words that are basically like the sound of the wawa pedal of a guitar but in word form) but when you hear it you just sing along super enthusiastically using the nonsensical words (i get really into it, watch out Mariah Carey you got competition) yeah thats what that annoying song has done to me... ill BELT that shit out for ALL the neighbors to hear lol i bet they think it is some freaky foreplay thing or something by now what with all the "OH YEAAAAHHHH'S!!!" and "HURRY UP AND FINISH ALREADY!!!" and also "HOW MUCH LONGER CAN YOU POSSIBLY LASSSSSTTT????!!!!!"
You can always mute it if it's something you're accepting every 10 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.