04/12 - Warm Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This is a good point. I think it's different when you have a friendship with someone and the seemingly rude banter is accepted as affection on both sides. Jumping on people with insults, even joking, when you don't know them well and can't convey tone effectively is problematic.

I'm guilty of this because I just assume people understand my sense of humor when it's not exactly universal. :p

Reactions: Vanyanka

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: dummy hit for pre-approved MIDs only | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Lindsay [A36UEVN2S4MXFN] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.16] [Fast: 3.58] [Comm: 3.39] [Fair: 4.29] [Reviews: 51] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $6.32/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: 50% of 2] [Rec: 33% of 3] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 2]
Description:
compensation for attempts to complete previous HIT, password and passcode required
Time: 10 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $4.00
Qualifications: None;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.6

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'd like to point out that in general, this is an ongoing difficulty with moderating any group of people and amongst the mods, we talk about this difficulty a lot. What looks like total insults could be joking and fun between two good friends or people who know each other from other websites, IRL, whatever. As mods, it's really hard for us to figure out when something is a joke or isn't a joke because we can't keep track of everyone's friendships with everyone else to try to decipher when something might be an inside joke or a friendship style, nor would it be even possible for us to track and know all of that about everyone. If someone sees what looks like an insult, sometimes the mods know that it's really a joke between two people who are pals and the observer may not realize they have a pre-existing friendship. And other times, the mods just don't know. We do our best with the information we have but also have to rely on reports and PMs from forum members to let us know if someone's being truly a jerk and not just joking around with a pal.
I can see why this would be exceptionally difficult. We need like a spreadsheet or something. :p

In all seriousness, I think you guys do a good job with a tricky situation.

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: Peachy

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 526

can u guys stop being so hilarious? I have 5's to reluctantly do
I have to start them for real as well. haven't worked nearly enough today to account for all the computer time. taking a break from doing nothing. then will do 5's with you until the batch is gone! and btw I DID know you are a guy. just was being overly cautious just in case.

Reactions: thedorchannel

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Must have mturkcrowd.com qualification | PANDA
Requester: AmberJade McCracken [A5LLSZG8YCAZF] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 17] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: mturkcrowd.com members only.
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $0.02
Qualifications: Bad Wolf has been granted;

do things. Nice things. Now.
You could have one of those "nice days" every month or something. Although we barely made it through the last one.

Reactions: Jaded

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I can see why this would be exceptionally difficult. We need like a spreadsheet or something. :p

In all seriousness, I think you guys do a good job with a tricky situation.
Well that what is like with peach. Nobody could tell he was legit getting pissed till he said he was done with the forum. Cause we've joked like that before. If he said something rather then abruptly just saying im done. We wouldve stopped.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
I'd like to point out that in general, this is an ongoing difficulty with moderating any group of people and amongst the mods, we talk about this difficulty a lot. What looks like total insults could be joking and fun between two good friends or people who know each other from other websites, IRL, whatever. As mods, it's really hard for us to figure out when something is a joke or isn't a joke because we can't keep track of everyone's friendships with everyone else to try to decipher when something might be an inside joke or a friendship style, nor would it be even possible for us to track and know all of that about everyone. If someone sees what looks like an insult, sometimes the mods know that it's really a joke between two people who are pals and the observer may not realize they have a pre-existing friendship. And other times, the mods just don't know. We do our best with the information we have but also have to rely on reports and PMs from forum members to let us know if someone's being truly a jerk and not just joking around with a pal.
there was a time where someone saw my reminders for threads as an insult :whistle2:

Mr. Krabs

Another Day Another Nickel
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey - New Fitness Website & Technology Feedback | PANDA
Requester: Dennis I Timpanaro [A2G1MVXWF3CZW5] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Description: We would love your feedback on our new website and technology! You must be a fitness coach (i.e., Beachbody), personal trainer, instructor, or gym/studio owner to participate.
Time: 1 hour
Reward: $1.05
Qualifications: Location In CA, US;

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Tell us your shopping opinions! | PANDA
Requester: Elizabeth Friedman [A4W6F7C8EKV44] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.06] [Fast: 4.37] [Comm: 3.00] [Fair: 4.85] [Reviews: 61] [ToS: 1]
TO 2:
[Rate: $4.50/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
Tell us your shopping opinions in a series of easy questions!
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $0.35
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.