04/15 - Playoffs Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse Feathers

There's no future in time travel.
Contributor
Reaction score
I pay all healthcare out of pocket and then deduct it on my taxes....then you don't really have to worry about it you get a nice refund
Hmm...I guess you aren't paying the penalty for not having insurance in this scenario.

Yungskell

Mturk Hustler
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm...I guess you aren't paying the penalty for not having insurance in this scenario.

Nope. Since i'm self employed I make under the amount where healthcare would be considered "Affordable/Available"

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Nope. Since i'm self employed I make under the amount where healthcare would be considered "Affordable/Available"
If you make under that amount but have enough money to pay your medical bills out of pocket, you must not have very expensive medical bills. Must be nice.

Yungskell

Mturk Hustler
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
If you make under that amount but have enough money to pay your medical bills out of pocket, you must not have very expensive medical bills. Must be nice.

I've only recently started doing this because i refuse to pay 100+ a month for something I have no current use for+I've only became self employed recently and due to investments from when i was employed fulltime i'm able to take care of things this way.

Horse Feathers

There's no future in time travel.
Contributor
Reaction score
If you make that little, then you should be eligible for Medicaid.

D

Deleted member 526

what is that amount? is that a rule somewhere with dollar amounts listed?

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I've only recently started doing this because i refuse to pay 100+ a month for something I have no current use for+I've only became self employed recently and due to investments from when i was employed fulltime i'm able to take care of things this way.
Well, hope you don't have some tragic injury or unforeseen medical expense come up.

Reactions: Horse Feathers

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
this is a personal batch. I already did a bunch. the numbers aren't even going down. okay I'll stop talking about it now but I think everybody should work on these $$$
This was honestly really good, and thank you so much for sharing. I swear all the money I make comes from you guys! <3

Reactions: Peachy and jklmnop

Yungskell

Mturk Hustler
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score

No there isn't a rule. But if you go on say Healthcare.gov and look at prices i forget the exact percent off the top of my head but if its more then X percent you qualify or if your employed doesn't offer it and its not affordable.

Reactions: Deleted member 526

Yungskell

Mturk Hustler
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score

• Coverage is considered to be unaffordable if the lowest cost Bronze-level plan available to you through the Marketplace in 2016 is more than 8.13% of your household income.
  • The total cost to you must be more than 8.13%, accounting for any premium tax credit you would qualify for if you enrolled in that plan.

I only made say 15,000 last year.....of what i worked before i became self employed and the lowest bronze package was over 8.13% a month

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 526

• Coverage is considered to be unaffordable if the lowest cost Bronze-level plan available to you through the Marketplace in 2016 is more than 8.13% of your household income.
  • The total cost to you must be more than 8.13%, accounting for any premium tax credit you would qualify for if you enrolled in that plan.
8.13% without subtracting taxes or 8.13% after income taxes are paid? or do you know? this stuff is complicated imo.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Like Leonid Rogozov, I just take care of shit myself. :kill:
i try that myself but lately que it's been tough amigo. life is cold out there. i was listening to houston rap the other day and i was like "how long do these guys slang purple slab for?" "their whole lives?". i do want a family one day. free of purple slab

Reactions: C to the J

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
My mother had 2.5 million dollars in bills in 2016 alone. I could've paid it out of pocket though. Naw worries/ shrug 250 thousand for me. Yay for insurance. Really really bad insurance. Or we would be screwed. We both will be making payments to drs till our last breath. God if the system was only that easy right? We should rob a bank, solve our problems like others. Moral of the day. She's right. Must be nice.

Reactions: Yungskell and YAHU
Status
Not open for further replies.