• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
well...tire tracks in the yard mystery solved...landlord hired a guy to come in with a bobcat and tear out all the trees and shrubs around the house...so now I have no shade and no protection from the dirt and noise that highway puts outs on my front porch....
:angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:
no and I've been here 7 years, never late, handle most repairs myself..before me it was a steady stream of crackheads which I found out when the SWAT team surround it one Sun morn at 6am...
the bushes looked a little unruly but all that vegetation kept the road noise and dust off the house...
and the one tree was right by the bedrooms which face west and will be in full sun in the hottest part of the day now...stupid part was it had roots that covered half the yard so it wasn't going to come down on the house or anything...
very, very angry right now and considering putting my notice in...
Every year I have to fight with the power company NOT to cut my trees down. I have huge shade trees on every corner of the house. My house (and probably the trees) are 180 years old; they probably predated the lines. They say "well, you're not supposed to have trees that big on the side of the road" and I say "are you going to pay the difference in my power bill?" In the end, they butcher the tree, take more than what's necessary, and try to kill it without being liable for it. But the darn things are still standing. I don't care if they're ugly because they've been butchered, they're functional and my beautiful walk-around porch would be useless if it was in full sun. When the trees die, I'll move :disrelieved:

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
Title: Work Styles Survey (~1 Hour Multiple Choice Exam) | Accept
Requester: Consulting Firm [A26CB4724DGJP5] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $24.28] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 10] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $15.00
Duration: 3 hours
Available: 1
Description: Complete a multiple choice survey about your behavioral tendencies
Requirements: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Worked really slowly on purpose and it took 50 minutes.

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from MTurk Requesters for work related to 3YLTXLH3DFJT0A7I4BW992TUDXJHP7.
The value of your bonus is: $4.00 USD
The Requester included this note:
Thanks for completing the survey!
Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Short survey on consumer topics 5 min (don't take from smartphone) (10/10/17 - B) (YOU MAY ONLY COMPLETE 1 HIT IN THIS GROUP) | Accept
Requester: GeorgetownMSBResearch [A1VSOQ6MXD1E1J] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $7.14] [Pay: 2.31] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 2.91] [Fast: 4.59] [Comm: 3.98] [Fair: 4.63] [Reviews: 334] [ToS: 2]
TO2: [Hrly: $4.35] [Pen: 1.00 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 50% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 10
Description: Short survey 5 min (don't take from smartphone) (YOU MAY ONLY COMPLETE 1 HIT IN THIS GROUP)
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Communication Game | Accept
Requester: Sketchloop Admin [A4SSYO0HDVD4E] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $11.06] [Pay: 3.57] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 2.87] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 4.98] [Reviews: 101] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $2.50
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Available: 2
Description: Play a communication game with another MTurk worker (approx. 45 minutes, plus likely bonus up to $1.40)
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
Every year I have to fight with the power company NOT to cut my trees down. I have huge shade trees on every corner of the house. My house (and probably the trees) are 180 years old; they probably predated the lines. They say "well, you're not supposed to have trees that big on the side of the road" and I say "are you going to pay the difference in my power bill?" In the end, they butcher the tree, take more than what's necessary, and try to kill it without being liable for it. But the darn things are still standing. I don't care if they're ugly because they've been butchered, they're functional and my beautiful walk-around porch would be useless if it was in full sun. When the trees die, I'll move :disrelieved:
they did that at my parents place....the lines run thru the trees at the front of the property but they had taken them to court over cutting them all down vs trimming....fast forward a couple years and they come thru and clear cut a path across most of their 5 acres before Dad realized it and got out there with the shotgun to shut them down...they DGAF about their customers and it's not like you can switch....

KellieS23

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Rate the skill of a surgeon shown on a video clip | Accept
Requester: C-SATS, Inc [A15ZSKX8TUCGEU] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $6.54] [Pay: 2.71] [Fast: 4.16] [Comm: 2.00] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.07] [Fast: 4.63] [Comm: 4.00] [Fair: 4.22] [Reviews: 95] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 0% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Reward:
$0.87
Duration: 45 minutes
Description: This is a research study where you watch a video clip of a surgical procedure (no patient or surgeon identification is shown) and rate the skill level of the surgeon. (undefined)
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; C-SATS Block DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

KellieS23

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Reading Passages of English and Rating Comic Captions: 2018 (ATT.A) | Accept
Requester: John Duff [A1FPFYD4JDWKOI] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $8.50] [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO:
No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $5.00
Duration: 2 hours
Description: Read and answer questions about short passages of English, and read and rate captions for comics.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

KellieS23

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Play a game and improve a science visualization | Accept
Requester: Aditya Bharadwaj [A2HSDBTSOSCN8V] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $2.12
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Description: You will play a science game called Flud and try to maximize your score by improving a visualization of a biological network.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Reading Passages of English and Rating Comic Captions: 2018 (ATT.A) | Accept
TV: [Hrly: $8.50] [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO:
No Reviews
Description: Read and answer questions about short passages of English, and read and rate captions for comics.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
I've seen this go around about 800 times today and my panda doesn't feel like even attempting to catch it. :redpandano:

KellieS23

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about a website design | Accept
Requester: Mike Tekula [AP80KYHXE85TP] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $64.32] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.20
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 2
Description: Answer some yes/no questions to get feedback on a specific web page
Requirements: Masters Exists; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
God Bless this guy and the $6 he's handing out
:celebrate2:

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
TO:
No Reviews
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
I have this on panda for 2 hours so he posts a new HIT with a different link :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.