04/18 - The Hsu-Nami Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
I did, back when I was homeless and doing the change thing and things got pretty desperate. Most places stated that doing so "would be a liability" which is laughable, because they could have sold me the same food. I also had to wait until the office closed at the storage unit I was renting (and secretly sleeping in) so I could sneak out, so a lot of places were already closed.

McDonald's will always be my hero for that period of time in my life. One night, in desperation, I jumped on the sensor at the menu board until it registered that I was there. They took my order, and when I got to the window they almost turned me away. I insisted that I was in a car, and was a time traveler from the future who was driving an invisible car. I did it in a way where it was clear that I wasn't serious, but was seriously hungry, and made them laugh to boot. We shared a real moment where it came out that I was homeless. They told me that they couldn't give me the food in the window because of cameras, but to go up to the door. The manager came out with two bags full of food despite me having ordered/paid for two $1 McChickens and a large drink. I hugged the crap out of him, then snuck back into the storage place and ate like a king. From there on out, they were cool about me driving my "invisible car" into the drive-thru (in moderation) and always threw some extras in. Luckily I was couch-surfing at a friend's house after about a month, so it didn't happen often/long enough for any issues.

Just in case I need a disclaimer: I know it's illegal to sleep in a storage unit. I was a paying customer and basically non-existent there except to sleep on my bags of clothes, and used my phone for light rather than candles or electricity. It was a really bitter late Autumn/early Winter, so it was better than freezing in the streets.
Not exactly on topic but, I bet you kill all the writing hits :happy:

Reactions: minkyboodle

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
55 seconds:

Title: Decision Survey(~ 4 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Brittney Stephenson [A1MGGCBSGDARF7] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.87 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.78 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 20
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Take part in a short survey! ($0.40/ ~4 minutes)
Time: 40 minutes
Hits Available: 23
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: Exc: [1728548275-40319] has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 50; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US

Reactions: Kliq and Starslip

Mr. Krabs

Another Day Another Nickel
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Determine where the photo was taken | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Kurt Luther [A21WDD2MJCT2X2] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.08] [Fast: 4.83] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 15] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $18.15/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
In this task, you will be asked to look through 16 satellite regions and determine where an photo was taken.
Time: 10 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.21
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.9

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
When I worked at Noble Romans my manager would pour cokes on the food that we had to throw away so the homeless people wouldn't take it. He was such a dick.
That really is a dick move..screw that guy.
I don't understand. they give away change after they close?

edit: oh I see. people must drop it on the ground when paying.
LOL You edited before I could respond, but yeah...a lot of people don't care about the coins they drop when handing money over. When you're broke as a joke, scrounging those up can mean anywhere from $5-15. (Offer not valid at Chick-Fil-A.)
No judgment here :purpleheart: Shit happens and sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do. Glad you're not sleeping there anymore *huggles*
you're a fighter! glad you never gave up. Hope nothing but the best going forward.
Thankies, guys. The good news is that it's all going to make one hell of a book some day.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Giving Us Your Opinion(~ 9 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Joshua Katz [A3JO6AYX1DURSC] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: A problem solving task followed by a short survey
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 12
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Exc: [40928-40339] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

Reactions: Kliq

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
People like that break my heart :brokenheart:
Like, I do understand that the rules are there for a reason. like it technically could be dangerous for someone to eat a sandwich that had been sitting under the heat lamp for longer than the rules say. But people can just look the other way once the food is outside, I don't know why it matters that someone might dig through the trash to get food.

/endrant

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
trying to think of a meme with that Rock woman picture. i'm attached to it now

Reactions: Mr. Krabs

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My hourly is so bad on those "hierarchy" ones I might as well just grind surveys.
I'll defend all their other batches to the death.....but this one.....this one is shite.

Reactions: Jaded and ccmet121

Mr. Krabs

Another Day Another Nickel
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your health and personality | PANDA
Requester: The Live Network, Inc. [A13CCFM6I18YYN] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Description: Would you like to assist us in understanding how people describe their wellness and distress via different design interfaces? Are you a US resident over the age of 18?
Time: 3 hours
Reward: $1.80
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Like, I do understand that the rules are there for a reason. like it technically could be dangerous for someone to eat a sandwich that had been sitting under the heat lamp for longer than the rules say. But people can just look the other way once the food is outside, I don't know why it matters that someone might dig through the trash to get food.

/endrant
And imagine if we were able to take it one small step past apathy and made sure our 'waste' food made into the right hands.

But I'm a dreamer.

:merrylou:

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Visual Estimation & Sociality(~ 8 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Erica Boothby [A2ZIPQ34U9TXZF] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.57] [Fast: 3.74] [Comm: 2.33] [Fair: 4.70] [Reviews: 52] [ToS: 1]
TO 2:
[Rate: $4.71/hr] [Pen: 5.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 50% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
p>
Time: 25 minutes
Reward: $0.70
Qualifications: Exc: [1181250038-40143] has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US;

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.