04/20 - Winchester Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquishyFluffkin

Contributor
Reaction score
After the prior conversation I looked in to plasma donation. $50 a session for the first 5 then $30 after that. Twice a week. Hell I'm going to be rich.

Reactions: Jaded

Wolfheart

Wobble-Wolf
Contributor
Reaction score
After the prior conversation I looked in to plasma donation. $50 a session for the first 5 then $30 after that. Twice a week. Hell I'm going to be rich.
If you have the time. Good donation centers can have you in and out in 30 minutes. Some can take up to two hours..

Reactions: SquishyFluffkin

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Make sure you keep hydrated, and have a good protein/iron-y meal before you go.

EDIT: not like literally right before you go. Like that day.

SquishyFluffkin

Contributor
Reaction score
If you have the time. Good donation centers can have you in and out in 30 minutes. Some can take up to two hours..
Plus my nearest donation center is 50 miles away. It would be something that we would drive into the city and make a day out of. We usually go in to Vegas once a week anyways, just let the wife do the shopping while I'm getting drained.

Wolfheart

Wobble-Wolf
Contributor
Reaction score
Plus my nearest donation center is 50 miles away. It would be something that we would drive into the city and make a day out of. We usually go in to Vegas once a week anyways, just let the wife do the shopping while I'm getting drained.
There is that. If you're going to sit and wait for a shopping trip, might as well get paid for it.

dracodormiens

Reaction score
I did plasma donation for a while, the money was nice at first, then I got burned out for a while, then started up again. They just told me the other day I need to get my protein levels up before I can donate again so we'll see how that goes. Drink A LOT of water. It will make the donation go faster. Also no coffee/soda the morning of.

Wilma

I have no idea what I'm doing
Contributor
Reaction score
I did plasma donation for a while, the money was nice at first, then I got burned out for a while, then started up again. They just told me the other day I need to get my protein levels up before I can donate again so we'll see how that goes. Drink A LOT of water. It will make the donation go faster. Also no coffee/soda the morning of.
It doesn't make you sick afterward?

Reactions: Rerun

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to go all the time, then the last about 5-10 times I went I kept getting hematomas. Then they'd switch to my other arm and fuck it up somehow, the machine would buzz/beep, they'd come over and freaking MOVE THE NEEDLE AROUND OH GOD PLEASE NO. Then they'd say, alright well I think you're done. You'll still get paid but we didn't get a full bag. Meanwhile I'm holding back tears with both arms basically bleeding and now I need to go to the grocery store looking like a heroin addict. And yes, this happened 5-10 times in a row. I stopped going.

SquishyFluffkin

Contributor
Reaction score
I used to go all the time, then the last about 5-10 times I went I kept getting hematomas. Then they'd switch to my other arm and fuck it up somehow, the machine would buzz/beep, they'd come over and freaking MOVE THE NEEDLE AROUND OH GOD PLEASE NO. Then they'd say, alright well I think you're done. You'll still get paid but we didn't get a full bag. Meanwhile I'm holding back tears with both arms basically bleeding and now I need to go to the grocery store looking like a heroin addict. And yes, this happened 5-10 times in a row. I stopped going.
Nice to see the other side of the coin. I'll give it a shot, but one experience like this and I'm done.

dracodormiens

Reaction score
It doesn't make you sick afterward?
if you don't drink enough water or eat something beforehand you're much more likely to get nauseous, but I've only ever gotten sick once (i got super light-headed and my vision went for a second) but that's b/c I'd ridden my bike there and left right after and didn't drink any water. 100% water helps so much.

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice to see the other side of the coin. I'll give it a shot, but one experience like this and I'm done.
The money was really good those first many times I went. But just not worth it during the bad times. It also might not have helped that I watched requiem for a dream one time before donating.

Status
Not open for further replies.