Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I had Portland over NO in 6

:cliff:
yeah I thought Port would win that series in 5 or 6 too

after game 2 though - i knew the Blazers were just about toast. definitely after game 3.

i dont know what you do if you’re Portland. they finished hot as the #3 seed, but I think in hindsight they played a little bit over their heads with their overall team talent

i think they need to blow up the team outside Dame and CJ. if possible. i know that sounds crazy since they did finish as the 3 seed, but the Pelicans stomped a mudhole in their ass in the series

dame and cj also need to be better too

dame usually is in the playoffs, but not in this series

Reactions: GTR

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
utah should’ve kept their purple color

this new red/orange/yellow is not utah

their whole color scheme and arena vibe is a total lie and therefor i hope OKC wins

utah is not in arizona

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
yeah I thought Port would win that series in 5 or 6 too

after game 2 though - i knew the Blazers were just about toast. definitely after game 3.

i dont know what you do if you’re Portland. they finished hot as the #3 seed, but I think in hindsight they played a little bit over their heads with their overall team talent

i think they need to blow up the team outside Dame and CJ. if possible. i know that sounds crazy since they did finish as the 3 seed, but the Pelicans stomped a mudhole in their ass in the series

dame and cj also need to be better too

dame usually is in the playoffs, but not in this series
Gentry destroyed Stotts and this needs to be talked about more.

Gentry designed the Pelican defense to trap ball screens, which severely hindered Lillard and McCollum. The high ball trap forced the Portland guards to pass out and made someone else beat the Pelicans. The Pelicans did a great job switching back and when the switching was slow, AD was able to fill the cracks of the defense as an elite rim protector. When the they chose not to attack the rim with AD roaming, the Pelican chose where the ball ended up by giving Aminu 3-pointers, which he actually hit at a decent clip in game 4 but not for the series.

It was an amazing defensive game plan that Stotts was never able to get his team to adjust to. Scotts could have added multiple outlets from the trap and played more guards but he was never able to get his players to execute an efficient response. Instead, Portland generated offense through other means like off-ball screens, through the post, and Iso. While these were able to keep their offense from becoming anemic (McCollum even drove a good offensive performance in Game 4), Gentry’s defensive scheme never let Portland explode offensively as a team and especially Lillard.

In particular, McCollum was able to recover more in the series since he isn’t as reliant on high ball screens and wasn't guarded by Holiday as much, but Lillard, as the primary ball handler, was not able to recover as easily. He doesn’t use off-ball screens as much as McCollum, and gets much of his offense through ball screens and Iso. The trap defense took away the ball screen offense, and Holiday limited Lillard’s Iso offense when matched up. Speaking of Pelican players, we should give credit to the them (Mostly Holiday and AD) for there execution of the defensive scheme, but the scheme was designed perfectly for the Portland offense, which heavily relies on their two guards to initiate and perfectly for defensive skill-set of the Pelicans.

I don’t want to make this any longer so I’m gonna let other people tackle Pelicans offense vs Trailblazers defense.

In summary, Gentry deserves a ton a credit for the Pelicans’ performance and Stotts deserves a lot of criticism for the Trailblazers’ performance.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/8dzkwv/post_game_thread_the_new_orleans_pelicans_defeat/

Reactions: Peachy

Manly5000

Reaction score
Well it just changed to 4/22 in my current timezone, what happens now? Do we immediately go to a new Daily Work Thread or do we chill for a few hours and start again after we wake up? :)

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
ricky rubio ballin right now

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
even though utah’s colors reminds me of the grand canyon

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Well it just changed to 4/22 in my current timezone, what happens now? Do we immediately go to a new Daily Work Thread or do we chill for a few hours and start again after we wake up? :)
amazon day starts 3am est.

Reactions: Manly5000

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
PE $12.45 TV time. See you in the morning. Peace.

Reactions: Michele and GTR

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
you live in the future?

Reactions: GoldenTemple

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | Accept
Requester: Social Psychology Lab [A34B4FC9LPNWJF] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 3.46] [Fast: 4.64] [Comm: 4.25] [Fair: 4.71] [Reviews: 29] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.50
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 1
Description: political idenitity and economic beliefs survey
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.