04/21 - The What? Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
I totally do not have two closets full of shoes. That is not 1/50th of how many pairs I own.
I used to work at a shoe store where it was always buy one get one 50% off and I had a 30% discount on top of that, so I had at least 75 pairs of shoes. I donated most of them and now I have 1 pair black and 1 pair brown for flats, heels and sandals and 1 pair of black chucks.

Reactions: tricker

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Test our free mobile app and earn up to $2.25!(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: John [A1LELMCN74U8JZ] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.22 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 15
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Test our free mobile app on a daily basis and share your findings with us.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Exc: [11046246-10618] has not been granted, Total approved HITs is not less than 100, Excluded workers has not been granted, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98, Location is one of: US

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I used to work at a shoe store where it was always buy one get one 50% off and I had a 30% discount on top of that, so I had at least 75 pairs of shoes. I donated most of them and now I have 1 pair black and 1 pair brown for flats, heels and sandals and 1 pair of black chucks.
I do need to simplify my shoe life. I have an "in season" closet and a "not in season" closet and switch them every six months. I don't particularly love shoes, but when I buy shoes it's mostly the expensive ones that last forever. So I tend to build up a stash.

Two years ago I rigged up a string and hook system on the back of my closet wall which allowed me to hang up 30 pairs of shoes, giving me more floor space.

I am now out of floor space. It's possible I have a problem (but my step mom gives me like 20 pairs of shoes per year, too, so she isn't helping my problem!)

Reactions: Tuesday

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
I do need to simplify my shoe life. I have an "in season" closet and a "not in season" closet and switch them every six months. I don't particularly love shoes, but when I buy shoes it's mostly the expensive ones that last forever. So I tend to build up a stash.

Two years ago I rigged up a string and hook system on the back of my closet wall which allowed me to hang up 30 pairs of shoes, giving me more floor space.

I am now out of floor space. It's possible I have a problem (but my step mom gives me like 20 pairs of shoes per year, too, so she isn't helping my problem!)
I have 6 pairs of the same basic shoe that I wear and then 1 pair of boots that I wear when I feel fancy.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
In due time and the need for money you will hit a million approved. You have to figure the reason more people don't is the average worker seems to only stick around for a few months.
The numbers of people willing to stick it out have significantly increased in the past few years though... the public release of scripting and tools to make turking easier lowered the bar of entry significantly, along with all the accumulated/documented turking knowledge that used to be kept much more secretive. They don't have to learn as much to succeed anymore... and the people who have spent gobs of time learning new skills have had those skills somewhat devalued... which means the less motivated among us are no longer at as great a disadvantage to the motivated, and can continue to expend less effort for the same relative results... so there's incentive to stay.

Reactions: Kerek

Digital Nomad

Reaction score
Man Ass

Title: Answer questions about a photo [May include adult content - discretion advised] | PANDA
Requester: IWS [A2G2YJK741MBQD] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 2.83 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.43 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.89 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.83 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 16
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Answer 1-10 questions about a photo. May include adult content. Ongoing project for a major website.
Time: 1 minute 30 seconds
Reward: $0.02
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 85, Photo moderation - evaluate a photo (some adult content) is 100, Adult Content Qualification has been granted

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a girl.... I own 3 pairs of shoes. two pairs of flip flops and a pair of ballet flats. I can't stand wearing shoes and I am basically always barefoot if it can be helped.

Reactions: Melly and tricker

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I have 6 pairs of the same basic shoe that I wear and then 1 pair of boots that I wear when I feel fancy.
I envy that! I don't kid when I say I have at least 10 pairs of black summer open toed shoes cuz...well...some go with pants. Some go with shorts. Some go with skirts. Some are just there because they are cute but painful to wear so I only wear those when I want to torture myself and look feet cute.

Now, let's talk about the other colors of open toed shoes I have...lol...

Funny thing is...in the winter I mostly wear my moccasins. I love moccs. They're like socks with a sole.

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
The numbers of people willing to stick it out have significantly increased in the past few years though... the public release of scripting and tools to make turking easier lowered the bar of entry significantly, along with all the accumulated/documented turking knowledge that used to be kept much more secretive. They don't have to learn as much to succeed anymore... and the people who have spent gobs of time learning new skills have had those skills somewhat devalued... which means the less motivated among us are no longer at as great a disadvantage to the motivated, and can continue to expend less effort for the same relative results... so there's incentive to stay.
The landscape is much friendlier to the newbie than it used to be.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Qual screener thingy.

Title: 1 screening question; seeking individuals identifying as non-White; may be eligible for $5 HIT (~40 min long) after | PANDA
Requester: Yam Wern How [A1ZH131QUGSRPP] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.50 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 4 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Aiming to get a breakdown of the different non-White ethnic/racial groups in the USA for a research project.
Time: 10 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.01
Qualifications: Delta has not been granted;Total approved HITs is not less than 500;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a girl.... I own 3 pairs of shoes. two pairs of flip flops and a pair of ballet flats. I can't stand wearing shoes and I am basically always barefoot if it can be helped.
Despite me admitting to owning an obnoxious number of shoes, that's why I wear moccasins. Closest thing to being barefoot. And they hide that I haven't done a pedi in a long while.

Reactions: Aydiarose

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Click the requester's name to take the qual test. No idea if it's worth it. I did not qual.

Title: WebSite Survey | PANDA
Requester: Yenisel Gulatee [AYUMRTGTDDFNG] (TO)
TO Ratings: No TO (Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Visit 3 websites, complete a task and survey per website.
Time: 25 minutes
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Age Qualification for Website Survey #10 is greater than 0, Total approved HITs is greater than 1000, Location is one of: US

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
I envy that! I don't kid when I say I have at least 10 pairs of black summer open toed shoes cuz...well...some go with pants. Some go with shorts. Some go with skirts. Some are just there because they are cute but painful to wear so I only wear those when I want to torture myself and look feet cute.

Now, let's talk about the other colors of open toed shoes I have...lol...

Funny thing is...in the winter I mostly wear my moccasins. I love moccs. They're like socks with a sole.
Yeaaaaah I have 6 pairs of black canvas shoes because they go with everything. I think. I dunno, fashion confuses me. One is a pair of black canvas high heels that I bought for my wedding. And the boots were purchased for my Wild West Harley Quinn cosplay.

Reactions: tricker

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
The landscape is much friendlier to the newbie than it used to be.
It is, and I'm basically a newbie. But I think you still have to have gumption and stick it out for it to be worthwhile. Maybe it's different for me since turking is my second job, but we do need the money turking brings in. There are days I just do NOT want to turk, to spend the time monitoring HS and pandaing the crap out of hits I missed, or getting up at 5 am for Zoltars. But I do cuz...well, we could use the cash.

I would have stuck it out in the old days, too...but I wouldn't make as much as I do without all the scripts and forums and input from veteran turkers.

(I do admit to being sad when I see good hits post I can't do because I'm at work...)

Reactions: Tribune

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeaaaaah I have 6 pairs of black canvas shoes because they go with everything. I think. I dunno, fashion confuses me. One is a pair of black canvas high heels that I bought for my wedding. And the boots were purchased for my Wild West Harley Quinn cosplay.
I miss cosplay.

Total tangent. but I miss it. I haven't been to a con in years, tho, so no need for cosplay in my life anymore :(

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
(and I totally read your "yeaaaaah" in the dude from Office Space's voice!)

Status
Not open for further replies.