Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I think I misunderstood - I thought that you had lost books - at our library, if you lose a book - you can replace it with a cheap one that you find from Amazon :).
Oooohhh! No, I've never actually lost any books. I just return them really late. I'm a big reader so I check out a lot of them at once.

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I do often buy used books but my husband thinks they clutter up the house too much so he wants me to do all Kindle. It's the worst.
Some day when I have the library from Beauty and the Beast you can come over and check out as many books as you want, and keep them for as long as you need.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Our house looks like one of those Hoarders episodes, it's a fucking mess. The other day I built a fort out of books and pretended I was in WWII and that was fun and all, but we have to reduce the number of books or one of these days we're going to die under a pile of them.
Maybe try cracking one open and reading it once in awhile. :p

Reactions: Pleco and Drwho10

Zacharias

Experiencing Flim Flam Withdrawal
Contributor
Reaction score
I owe them like $200 right now so it'd just be cheaper for me to buy all my books from now on.
Thank you. You've reminded me to check my library due dates on my pile of books. Probably saved me $10.

Reactions: Vanyanka

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oooohhh! No, I've never actually lost any books. I just return them really late. I'm a big reader so I check out a lot of them at once.
My library has an app where I get reminders and can check them out again as long as there are no holds. It has definitely saved me hundreds in fees!

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My library has an app where I get reminders and can check them out again as long as there are no holds. It has definitely saved me hundreds in fees!
Mine probably does too. Maybe one day, when my husband has forgiven me, I will be able to try it.

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
I just paid $22.50 for a lost library book that we've been searching for for weeks. Found it today under my son's dresser. :cry:

Bigbore

Reaction score
week 2 of turking ? that's quite impressive. must be all that aeropress coffee coursing through you
know i can do more, just have been really busy with other stuff last couple weeks, shouldn't have any this week unless something comes up >_<

Reactions: Drwho10

BreadFish

Doodle Dongle
Reaction score
Neat! My university's library has this awesome feature that automatically adds overdue fees to my tuition bill. Leaders in innovation, they are. :rain:

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I just paid $22.50 for a lost library book that we've been searching for for weeks. Found it today under my son's dresser. :cry:
:hug: That happened to me once with a DVD rental. Fell behind a front hall cabinet where I thought I had looked and found too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.