Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: heeheehahaha

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanted to check in to add myself to the list of those with their account under review. I was working Sunday night, and made a transfer. Logged in Monday morning with the review message. I emailed from the Help contact form, and I got the same generic email response as everyone else. This is affecting a few people at least, as there are posts on Reddit and Facebook as well. One person on Reddit got a follow up email about an hour ago, and it said that the review could take up to two weeks. Her account was halted Friday, so she is a few days ahead of us affected here.

Sadly, transfers made but not completed prior to the review are being held by Amazon, which is just a second punch to the gut. Can't work, and money is somewhere, but cannot access it. One suggestion was to transfer what is left out of mTurk, and try to see if that transfer goes through. It was successful for one person, apparently.

Any advice you all have would be appreciated. I didn't realize how much I would miss working :)
I could be wrong but i believe two people here had their accounts under review but were able to start working again after a couple days. which is better than 2 weeks i guess.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: Cmoney

MacLeod

Reaction score
I think your best option is really to call, repeatedly. Don't stop until you get someone on that phone that can help you, and not just a generic response. Metallica @Janthir, Tribune @Tribune, or clickhappier @clickhappier might be able to help you get a list of the right phone numbers to call and get it resolved.
I agree! But my problem is with mTurk, not with payments. Do you think it would work if I called payments to ask about the transfer that never went through? I am very willing to call all day long, lol.

Reactions: Kerek and kryss

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Identify parts of daily activities(~ 75 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Attention, Memory & Perception Lab [A37OM4313T951Q] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: For this task we will ask you to identify meaningful parts of movies depicting everyday activities (i.e., making a bed), to answer questions about the movies, and to complete a survey about your background and personality.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $7.50
Qualifications: Exc: [36642046-41028] has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 80; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Pinterest - Rate How Relevant a Pin Is to a Query | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Pinterest [AURHK491L2LH6] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.17] [Fast: 4.04] [Comm: 3.29] [Fair: 4.72] [Reviews: 63] [ToS: 13]
TO 2:
[Rate: $9.76/hr] [Pen: 1.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 67% of 3] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Description:
You will log in to Pinterest to complete simple tasks.
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 50
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
I agree! But my problem is with mTurk, not with payments. Do you think it would work if I called payments to ask about the transfer that never went through? I am very willing to call all day long, lol.
I would probably start there with payments, and try to get someone on the phone that knows what mturk is.

MacLeod

Reaction score
I would probably start there with payments, and try to get someone on the phone that knows what mturk is.
I agree. I have the transaction number for the transfer, so it should show it as coming from mTurk, maybe that will help. I may also try to transfer the money that has come in since the review/halt. I have no idea why this happened. 200K hits with 44 rejections, no change in bank or address. It just seems random.

Reactions: kryss and Kerek

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
I agree. I have the transaction number for the transfer, so it should show it as coming from mTurk, maybe that will help. I may also try to transfer the money that has come in since the review/halt. I have no idea why this happened. 200K hits with 44 rejections, no change in bank or address. It just seems random.
Yeah, it's either a glitch they're having with the changes they made to payments or they're just reconfirming certain accounts again. They've done it in the past.

Reactions: Kerek
Status
Not open for further replies.