Reaction score
Reactions: jan

Finn Mertens

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Reaction score
Title: Online Reaching Experiment: Can You Hit The Target? | PANDA
Requester: Cognac Lab [ARHR6XY7TPJU2]
TurkerView: [ $14.65 / hour ]
Description: This is a 15-30 minute Reaching experiment. Complete a series of reaching movements on your laptop for research.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $2.65
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
  • Location EqualTo US

Need a trackpad and some patience

Reactions: Blakkat

LumosDC

Reaction score
Never mind, hit broken.

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
ok, post yours. :D
Nah I've avoided turning people salty during these tough economic times.
That's why I haven't PE posted in months.

But I just miss the weekly earnings email stream every sunday.
Turk just ain't as fun anymore.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Got a Notice of Vote-By-Mail (Absentee) Election for the upcoming Primary Election they will have limited polls open for in-person voting.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: COVID Experience Survey(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Partha Krishnamurthy [A2IX2WCSXZNECI] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.50] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 0
Description: This is an academic survey on the COVID experience among the general public.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Reactions: Finn Mertens

LumosDC

Reaction score
Got a Notice of Vote-By-Mail (Absentee) Election for the upcoming Primary Election they will have limited polls open for in-person voting.
Here is DC they are encouraging people to request an Absentee ballot and will only have limited polls open for in-person voting as well.

There will be 20 early voting centers open and the same number/locations for election day itself. I was already going to work early voting as a regular poll worker, but the BOE called me last week to ask if I would be willing to work as the afternoon Site Coordinator (which is the head election worker). I agreed to do so because the particular site is a 5 minute walk and pays a little more, but not sure how much more.

The BOE are letting 11 people work at a time (including the Site Coordinator) and only letting 10 voters in at a time to maintain social distancing. I hope people don't get tired of being cooped up inside and decide to vote in-person just to have something to do that isn't going to the grocery store or walking the dog.

Last edited:

HelloHello

Reaction score
Here is DC they are encouraging people to request an Absentee ballot and will only have limited polls open for in-person voting as well.

There will be 20 early voting centers open and the same number/locations for election day itself. I was already going to work early voting as a regular poll worker, but the BOE called me last week to ask if I would be willing to work as the afternoon Site Coordinator (which is the head election worker). I agreed to do so because the particular site is a 5 minute walk and pays a little more, but not sure how much more.

The BOE are letting 11 people work at a time (including the Site Coordinator) and only letting 10 voters in at a time to maintain social distancing. I hope people don't get tired of being cooped up inside and decide to vote in-person just to have something to do that isn't going to the grocery store or walking the dog.
We don't have to request an Absentee ballot they are mailing one to every registered voter with a postage-paid return envelope. Our Primary Election is June 9 so I'm thinking we won't be out from under the mandatory non-essential business closure or mandatory stay-at-home order by then (and rumored in the press). I know there will be people here with cabin fever who will use it as an excuse to have something to do away from home - the people I see in the stores when I have to go out are getting really squirrely). I took another look at the notice and there is one in-person voting site in the entire County for both early voting (May 23- June 5) and the regular voting June 9. There was no special procedural information as to social isolation, etc.

• Grimacing
Reactions: LumosDC

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score

LumosDC

Reaction score
We don't have to request an Absentee ballot they are mailing one to every registered voter with a postage-paid return envelope. Our Primary Election is June 9 so I'm thinking we won't be out from under the mandatory non-essential business closure or mandatory stay-at-home order by then (and rumored in the press). I know there will be people here with cabin fever who will use it as an excuse to have something to do away from home - the people I see in the stores when I have to go out are getting really squirrely . I took another look at the notice and there is one in-person voting site in the entire County for both early voting (May 23- June 5) and the regular voting June 9. There was no special procedural information as to social isolation, etc.
Voters have to request a ballot here, but it does come with a postage paid return envelope. The voting centers will be open for 10 days prior to election day and for election day itself (June 2nd), excluding Memorial Day.

Having one in person site for an entire county is not good for voters or poll workers, as it increases the risk due to likely being much more crowded than if they had multiple sites open and decreases the opportunities to sanitize surfaces as often as they should be. That is going to depress turnout, along the usual concerns of poorly chosen polling sites. Which is kind of the point of why they are doing that.

Last edited:

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
are you in a split personality state? i thought you had your caucus in late january.

i should be getting an absentee ballot request in the mail soon for my june primary. the state elections official wanted to change the primary to mail in only, a lawsuit was filed and the elections official lost but was told they could mail absentee ballot requests and let the voters decide if they wanted to fill those out to get a ballot or ignore it and either not vote or vote on election day at limited poll locations in person.

HelloHello

Reaction score
are you in a split personality state? i thought you had your caucus in late january.

i should be getting an absentee ballot request in the mail soon for my june primary. the state elections official wanted to change the primary to mail in only, a lawsuit was filed and the elections official lost but was told they could mail absentee ballot requests and let the voters decide if they wanted to fill those out to get a ballot or ignore it and either not vote or vote on election day at limited poll locations in person.
That was the Democratic Primary.

Reactions: LumosDC and rsmath

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Social Contexts Survey (~6 mins) | Accept
Requester: Essex JDM [A2NJON84EAH5MF] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$26.89] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.60] [Fast=4.95] [Comm=4.43] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=67] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: think of some people you know and answer a few questions
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Voters have to request a ballot here, but it does come with a postage paid return envelope. The voting centers will be open for 10 days prior to election day and for election day itself (June 2nd), excluding Memorial Day.

Having one in person site for an entire county is not good for voters or poll workers, as it increases the risk due to likely being much more crowded than if they had multiple sites open and decreases the opportunities to sanitize surfaces as often as they should be. That is going to depress turnout, along the usual concerns of poorly chosen polling sites. Which is kind of the point of why they are doing that.
Yep, I figure that is the point they were trying to make "You are strongly encouraged to vote the ballot that is mailed to you and return it by postal mail to help ensure the health and safety of our community."

cassius

Reaction score
Yep, I figure that is the point they were trying to make "You are strongly encouraged to vote the ballot that is mailed to you and return it by postal mail to help ensure the health and safety of our community."
Well, okay. There's cats in here and I might by accident drop it in the litter box. Ya never know. My mailbox has spiders in it. They bite. I might leave it on the kitchen counter before I clean it. Who knows? And I might sneeze on it while filling it out. Who do you trust?

LumosDC

Reaction score
I hope that is what they were aiming for (vs voter suppression).

DC is overwhelmingly Democratic, so if you win the Democrat primary it is tantamount to a general election victory. Voters can only in the party they're registered as (Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, and Green parties have ballot access here) and if you are an Independent or belong to a minor party than you can't vote in a primary. Due to being so heavily swung one way, mistakes made in a primary can be worse than mistakes made in a general election.

There 6 ways a voter can request a ballot in DC, but communicating them out to all voters is a heavy lift. Voters can request a ballot via a smartphone app, but the Android version is really buggy. A member of the public came in to the BOE while experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (and later confirmed positive), so now the office is closed and they are working remotely. That means it's harder to work on fixing the app and they can't retrieve absentee ballots that were mailed or faxed in until the office is thoroughly cleaned and BOE staff are released from quarantine.

Some voters still need assistance via in-person voting due to disabilities or not able to read/write English, which I'm hoping make up the vast majority of the voters who turn up in person (with the occasional Same Day registrations or voter whose ballot never arrived).

Edit: Libertarian was accidentally auto corrected to Liberian, so had to fix that

Last edited:

LumosDC

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.