04/26 - Tablo Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spchles1

Reaction score
Dear Turker,

as many of you have already guessed, there has been a problem with out automatic rejection system. Since so many of you think they are treated unfair (which is not what we want people think of us) and we got so many messages, we will take back ALL rejections. We will explain more detailed why we think some of the answers are wrong in the future such that all of us will be satisfied. Please consider this before giving us a reputation.
Note that we can't answer each of your mails individually due to the huge amount of feedback!
Best,
scripts

Reactions: moe and vickiJ

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It's only fitting that after the $15 survey I get it on a $10 one too.

You have already completed the maximum number of HITs allowed by this requester. Please click 'Return HIT' to avoid any impact on your approval rating. :cliff::cliff::cliff:

Reactions: Liz

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
These?

Title: Search for a picture and determine gender of editors of mathematical sciences journals | PANDA
Requester: Chad Topaz [A3EKYSSEMIO6IO] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 7
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: For this quick task, we provide information about an editor of a mathematical sciences journal, including name and, possibly, address and academic institution. Based on the name and any picture you find on the Internet, determine the editor's gender.
Time: 5 minutes
Hits Available: 4833
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 99
Super fun when the author's name is all initials.

D

Deleted member 481

Title: Qualification for $15 study Requester Mturk Data REPOST can only be done once
Requester: Mturk Data2 [A3RLCGRXA34GC0] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.67 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.49 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.72 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.93 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 59
Description: qualification
Time: 15 minutes
Hits Available: 7
Reward: $0.04
Qualifications: Previousx has not been granted, Location is one of: AU, CA, GB, US, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98
Nice, got in. This must be my lucky day.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Did anyone else do this yesterday? I don't at all remember it saying for males only. Just wondering if it was completely my error or if I should email.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
These?

Title: Search for a picture and determine gender of editors of mathematical sciences journals | PANDA
Requester: Chad Topaz [A3EKYSSEMIO6IO] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 7
Description: For this quick task, we provide information about an editor of a mathematical sciences journal, including name and, possibly, address and academic institution. Based on the name and any picture you find on the Internet, determine the editor's gender.
Time: 5 minutes
Hits Available: 4833
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 99
Are you providing a link to the webpage with the image, or the image link itself? I messaged him about it, but it's only been a few minutes.

ps. All rejections overturned.

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
Are you providing a link to the webpage with the image, or the image link itself? I messaged him about it, but it's only been a few minutes.

Webpage with the image. Edit to add: If it's just the image it's just a picture of a person, no real context.

Reactions: coffeeowl

Wolfheart

Wobble-Wolf
Contributor
Reaction score

My google foo is usually pretty good, but the first one I tried had a first name initial, last name, and city.. no other information, couldn't find him.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone else do this yesterday? I don't at all remember it saying for males only. Just wondering if it was completely my error or if I should email.

People on reddit are saying they were rejected cos it was for females only. Weird.

Reactions: TQueen

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

What loki3404 @loki3404 said. And my one was as well YAY!

WordVixen

I Don't Know What I'm Doing
Contributor
Reaction score

From what I understand, there were two surveys- one for men, one for women. I caught the one for women yesterday, but there was no code at the end. I put my MTurk ID in the code box, and then messaged her about it. I'm still pending.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Webpage with the image. Edit to add: If it's just the image it's just a picture of a person, no real context.
What loki3404 @loki3404 said. And my one was as well YAY!
This is what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. I did them both ways before being NOT DUMB and asking.
My google foo is usually pretty good, but the first one I tried had a first name initial, last name, and city.. no other information, couldn't find him.
The journal listed didn't have their university affiliation?

KnockoutTurk

Reaction score
People on reddit are saying they were rejected cos it was for females only. Weird.
I believe they had both; it was just after the first question - almost missed it myself...

I clicked "Male" and right below said, please return if you selected Male.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
From what I understand, there were two surveys- one for men, one for women. I caught the one for women yesterday, but there was no code at the end. I put my MTurk ID in the code box, and then messaged her about it. I'm still pending.
Alright, I guess maybe it wasn't made too obvious. I'll just add it to the ole rejection list. :cliff:

Status
Not open for further replies.