04/26 - Tablo Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCI

Reaction score
The whole reason I wanted to learn ahk was to write a script for those garbage hits. I can make about $10 an hour on them if I'm desperate. I just wanted to hide the instructions and maybe make it where I can type in a number instead of clicking on the unit of measurement.
AHK won't help much for hiding instructions. You'll need a userscript for that, and it's not really possible to make a universal instruction hider, although there are some already posted that hide instructions for the most common mturk templates.

I like to use a userscript that scrolls to the bottom of HITs. That doesn't require selecting any elements, so it will work for hiding instructions on a really large % of HITs. Obv it will also make some HITs harder to do, but you can just toggle it on when it's useful. Some HITs have so much stuff that the top gets cut off, but even then you can just zoom out a little bit unless it's really crazy big or on a small screen.

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Social Networks and Interactions: An Inquisit Study | PANDA
Requester: Jennifer T Kubota [AOZ6M26K9AUEX] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.11 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.96 Generosity
★★★★ 4.39 Fairness
★★★★ 4.40 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 68 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: Respond to questions about social networks and take a reaction time task. Average time: 1 hour. Please make sure both your browser and Inquisit web app are up to date. Eligibility will be assessed prior to starting the task.
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.90
Qualifications: IntergroupContactExclusion has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 65;Location is US;Race_W has been granted

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
AHK won't help much for hiding instructions. You'll need a userscript for that, and it's not really possible to make a universal instruction hider, although there are some already posted that hide instructions for the most common mturk templates.

I like to use a userscript that scrolls to the bottom of HITs. That doesn't require selecting any elements, so it will work for hiding instructions on a really large % of HITs. Obv it will also make some HITs harder to do, but you can just toggle it on when it's useful. Some HITs have so much stuff that the top gets cut off, but even then you can just zoom out a little bit unless it's really crazy big or on a small screen.

Thanks! I tried using the hide instructions script but it didn't work. Will definitely try the scroll down thing.

Reactions: Tribune and DCI

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
So I didn't realize the pizza would come right away and I have to leave in a few minutes. Think they'll leave it on the porch if I write a note to just set it down and leave it there? Think my neighbor's cat will eat it before I get back home in a few hours? Let's find out.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So I didn't realize the pizza would come right away and I have to leave in a few minutes. Think they'll leave it on the porch if I write a note to just set it down and leave it there? Think my neighbor's cat will eat it before I get back home in a few hours? Let's find out.
Send it to a mate, or a competing pizza joint. :p

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I already completed the order! It said it'll be here in 45 minutes but I won't be!
I don't know how much I'd trust a pizza that was left on my porch. :tinfoil:

Reactions: Tribune

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Free pizza and I just found $60 in my purse. What a weird but amazing night xD
You can have the pizza, but I was just noticing that I dropped a $60 bill around here.

I think it's the one with 2/3 of Wilson-Phillips on the back.

Reactions: Tribune and sinon
Status
Not open for further replies.