04/27 - Sparking Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xqyzt

Reaction score
Pretty much.

Title: Read a question and answer pair and make judgement.(WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | PANDA
Requester: QnAVerification [ARBONZQKWK7S1] (Req TV): $10.20/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 1.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fast: 0.00]
Description:
Read the question and the provided answer, do some research to judge if the answer is correct.
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 4
Reward: $0.02
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1Take Test;
humble brag, i'm at 465 of these today. not really humble. not really bragging. i'm ashamed.

DCI

Reaction score
David Schwimmer is watching a baseball game and enjoying life. They show a crowd shot of the fans in attendance and David sees himself in the stands. He rewinds it to make sure what he saw is correct. He spends the next five years trying to see if he has a twin or what is going on before it all becomes too much. He’s checked into a psych ward where he eventually passes

turkleton @turkleton
I have no idea what this is even is, but what if the David Schwimmer at the baseball game was also with David Schwimmer's mom and they had a child with them that was young David Schwimmer.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I have no idea what this is even is, but what if the David Schwimmer at the baseball game was also with David Schwimmer's mom and they had a child with them that was young David Schwimmer.
like time travel paradox style?

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
I make a point of manually logging out and then logging back in right before I go to sleep every night, so that I don't get logged out while my nighttime PANDAs are running, and this whole past week I've consistently been getting auto-logged approximately 12 hours after the manual log-out...

Therefore, if it's happening more frequently for you, then you've probably got Russian hackers inside of your computer.
I posted yesterday how I walk away from my comp sometimes for 20 mins and my Amazon will log out.. dunno why or what to do about it.. It's annoyg as hell :( Prolly why i cant catch the Rhys hit even though its the only one im running.

DCI

Reaction score
And then the child David Schwimmer removes his mask to reveal that he's actually also an adult David Schwimmer with a tiny body.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
And then the child David Schwimmer removes his mask to reveal that he's actually also an adult David Schwimmer with a tiny body.
i don’t know if the world is ready for that storyline. i don’t know if i’m ready. this is ground breaking David Schwimmer ideology

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It's def more often than 12 hours for me. What kind of PANDAs do you run overnight?
Since I have a 9-to-5 job and two small children, I really do need to sleep 6 to 8 hours a night or else I'll feel like death each day... so I tend run Watchers/PANDAs overnight for anything with a timer that's 8-hours or longer. Without fail, if there's a HIT that has a 5-hour timer, and I set a PANDA running for it overnight, my PANDA will inevitably catch it 10 minutes after I go to sleep and it'll expire before I wake up.

In regards to which HITs?... Depends on the day really. Throughout the day I'm constantly adding HITs from HIT Finder to HIT Catcher, but only running a maximum of 2 Watchers at a time in HIT Catcher. If I see a HIT pop-up on HIT Finder during the day with an 8+ hour timer then I'll add that to HIT Catcher, and that will be one I consider running overnight, depending on the reward amount. I may find myself adding up to 30 Watchers in total throughout the day, but I'm frequently alternating which Watchers are running based on the time the HITs post and when they are likely to expire from other peoples' queues. Again, I'm toggling my watchers on/off so that I'm typically only running one or two at time, especially while HIT Finder is also running.

One key note, is that for each HIT I add to Hit Catcher, I'll also copy/paste the HIT Information (Title, Requester, Reward, Duration) into the Nickname field of that Watcher. That's how I track when HITs that were snatched up by other workers and will most likely be expiring from their queue,s and I'll toggle on that particular watcher close to the end of the HIT's timer. For example, if a HIT pops up on HIT finder at 8:32AM and has 2 hour timer, then I'll only bother running the Watcher for it for the first 5-10 minutes after it first appears on HIT Finder, and then I'll turn off that Watcher until 10:28AM rolls around and turn on that particular Watcher at 10:28AM and let it run for about 5-7 minutes. (making sure to turn of all others except maybe one).

It would be super awesome if MTS could incorporate 2 features: 1. Auto-populating HIT information into the Watchers created from HIT Finder. 2. The option to have some sort of "smart" auto-toggling option for Watchers in which they turn on/off depending on the initial posting-time of the HIT and the HIT timer duration... But that's a lot to ask of Kadauchi @Kadauchi, so I just do it all manually.

Also, I've progressively become more of a batch-worker than a survey taker, so I've moved a bit away from toggling so many Watchers throughout the day, and focus more on catching good batches at their peak and then just riding that wave as long as possible.

Last edited:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
this puts a little damper on my story idea
Ok, here's one.

During a freak fishing accident, David Schwimmer gets a fish hook caught in his ear and bleeds to death. The episode could be called "Schwimmer's Ear"

Or during his favorite hobby of insect collecting, he accidentally ingests one of them. This leads to a brain aneurysm and his untimely death. The episode could be called "Butterfly Stroke"

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I posted yesterday how I walk away from my comp sometimes for 20 mins and my Amazon will log out.. dunno why or what to do about it.. It's annoyg as hell :( Prolly why i cant catch the Rhys hit even though its the only one im running.
So you're saying you'll be logged out 10-20 per day!?

Reactions: Kristina M Greer

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I'm going to start working on some stuff on the server. There shouldn't be any major interruptions, but you may get some errors here and there as I restart things over the next couple hours.

All done, I think. If anyone has any issues with anything not working like they expect on the forum, please let me know. Thanks, everybody. :love:

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
So you're saying you'll be logged out 10-20 per day!?
If I get up and walk away that many times it might.. doesnt always happens but happens a lot. I can remember at least 7 times yesterday (and yes I had to do a mental count) Where I had to log back into Amazon and Panda.. But I honestly have no clue why it does that. Or how to fix it
Also sometimes I will be in a middle of a hit and it does it... Rare though.
I see Panda log out. I will try to submit my hit and get a weird error and have to relog my amazon and panda. Pull up my queue and submit

Last edited:

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
If I get up and walk away that many times it might.. doesnt always happens but happens a lot. I can remember at least 7 times yesterday (and yes I had to do a mental count) Where I had to log back into Amazon and Panda.. But I honestly have no clue why it does that. Or how to fix it
Shrug sometimes I get logged out multiple times a day, other days it doesn't happen at all. I don't know of a rhyme or reason to it, I just figure it is the magic of Mturk.
i don’t know if the world is ready for that storyline. i don’t know if i’m ready. this is ground breaking David Schwimmer ideology
I feel like I might beat you weekly wise with all this David Schwimmer brainstorming you've been doing lately.

Last edited:

DCI

Reaction score
Then suddenly the Schwimmer family becomes the subject of the kiss cam, and fake David Schwimmer, David Schwimmer's mom, and tiny adult David Schwimmer start furiously making out. After 30 seconds of that, the game resumes, only now none of the players have faces. They have only skin where their faces used to be, but no eyes or other facial features.

edit: I have to go pick up my wife from work now, but it's pretty obvious where this story is going.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peachy and aveline

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
All done, I think. If anyone has any issues with anything not working like they expect on the forum, please let me know. Thanks, everybody. :love:
Thanks for all your hard work keeping the forum up-and-running!

...But I'm still having problems re-taking the Snake high score from DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 so could you look into what's going on with that?

Last edited:
Reactions: cb456 and aveline
Status
Not open for further replies.