04/28 - Taeyang Thursday!

Go vote for Crowd Pleaser! http://goo.gl/Pc2kOb

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Reaction score
Off topic but with what I've read on here today that's difficult to do - anyway, I dug out an elderly Windows 7 Toshiba computer this evening to see if I could get it to work. It turned on, IE came up and I found Windows defender and ran that, got rid of a virus, it said it found only one. I tried going places but it didn't want to go to too many, and it won't download any virus protection - just says it can't move to the site. I've got upgrade running now as it hasn't been upgraded since 2011. Once the upgrades are in place will that help the poor old fellow or will it still stumble along? It has 6/memory and 500/ hard drive. Is it best to keep fussing with it or should I do a factory restore and see if that fixes it? There's nothing on it I need, just wanted to see if it would work. Thanks for any advice, feel free to PM me.

Reactions: Tribune

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
shit posting takes no effort or thought... writing a response to a blog requires effort
Not always. :D

This is a well written blog post. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought it was concise and am posting it to social media. I specifically liked the beginning bit.

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
Off topic but with what I've read on here today that's difficult to do - anyway, I dug out an elderly Windows 7 Toshiba computer this evening to see if I could get it to work. It turned on, IE came up and I found Windows defender and ran that, got rid of a virus, it said it found only one. I tried going places but it didn't want to go to too many, and it won't download any virus protection - just says it can't move to the site. I've got upgrade running now as it hasn't been upgraded since 2011. Once the upgrades are in place will that help the poor old fellow or will it still stumble along? It has 6/memory and 500/ hard drive. Is it best to keep fussing with it or should I do a factory restore and see if that fixes it? There's nothing on it I need, just wanted to see if it would work. Thanks for any advice, feel free to PM me.
make sure you install all required updates and check the 'optional' ones as well... sometimes theres some not so optional ones in there. After all that if it doesn't work you'll probably want to factory reset.

Reactions: Tribune and Jerami

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Read and comment on a blog post by an athlete: 04/28/2016 | PANDA
Requester: Peter Azuolas [A2PY4RAFKKBZIJ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.60 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.33 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 7 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Write a comment on this post
Time: 15 minutes
HITs Available: 7
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 50

Reactions: lobo925 and Tribune

cassius

Reaction score
make sure you install all required updates and check the 'optional' ones as well... sometimes theres some not so optional ones in there. After all that if it doesn't work you'll probably want to factory reset.
Thanks. That's what I thought and am trying to do now. I put the thing away because it was failing and I'd already sent it back to Toshiba once for repairs. But I've learned a bit about fixing computers since so just thought for the heck of it, I'd try it again. It has a huge screen for a laptop and would be useful for watching movies and such. I don't want to use it for important stuff.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
shit posting takes no effort or thought... writing a response to a blog requires effort
it all depends on the topics. These were about sports that I follow, so the stuff I wrote about was stuff I already thought about prior to the hit being posted.

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. That's what I thought and am trying to do now. I put the thing away because it was failing and I'd already sent it back to Toshiba once for repairs. But I've learned a bit about fixing computers since so just thought for the heck of it, I'd try it again. It has a huge screen for a laptop and would be useful for watching movies and such. I don't want to use it for important stuff.
do a google search and see if theres a windows store near you. You can take it to them and they'll refresh it and remove viruses for free. Takes about two days.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
got 3 rejections out of the 182 short a9s i did, was a cruddy a9 batch lol
Didn't most of them have the actual item in the picture?

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Read and comment on a blog post by an athlete: 04/28/2016 | PANDA
Requester: Peter Azuolas [A2PY4RAFKKBZIJ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.60 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.33 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 7 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Write a comment on this post
Time: 15 minutes
HITs Available: 7
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 50
Wow, TO says he used to pay $0.02 for these. Caught 5.

cassius

Reaction score
do a google search and see if theres a windows store near you. You can take it to them and they'll refresh it and remove viruses for free. Takes about two days.
Thanks. I will check that. Defender did say it only found one nasty virus and it also said it got rid of it, but I like the safety of a virus protection program. I run Norton on the other two but not sure I want that on this one with the way Norton likes to chew up space.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Social Perceptions - 6 minute survey - psychology study (~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Survey Studies for Pay [A3LCIQF1AIQ7J1] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.45 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.14 Generosity
★★★★ 4.93 Fairness
★★★★ 4.84 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 110 | TOS Flags: 3
Submit a new TO review
Description: In this study, you will read a scenario and respond to questions about it. ~6 minutes. This survey includes qualification questions.
Time: 25 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Exc: [324263-10977] has not been granted;Total approved HITs is not less than 1000;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is one of: US

Bigbore

Reaction score
yeah, guess i missed a couple that had them in the corner, some were hard to tell if they were shorts or boxers, but i guess amazon thinks differently.

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
Title: News Article Comment Classification | PANDA
Requester: James Block [A1XHZ2PAMMSGI2] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.09 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.44 Generosity
★★★★ 4.15 Fairness
★★★★ 4.22 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 43 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Classify user comments about news articles into several categories
Time: 3 hours
HITs Available: 3458
Reward: $0.03
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 100;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 96;Location is one of: CA, US

they're fixed now

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: News Article Comment Classification | PANDA
Requester: James Block [A1XHZ2PAMMSGI2] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.09 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.44 Generosity
★★★★ 4.15 Fairness
★★★★ 4.22 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 43 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Classify user comments about news articles into several categories
Time: 3 hours
HITs Available: 3458
Reward: $0.03
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 100;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 96;Location is one of: CA, US

they're fixed now
Now if only he'd fix that pay a bit so that I don't hate myself as much for doing them.

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. I will check that. Defender did say it only found one nasty virus and it also said it got rid of it, but I like the safety of a virus protection program. I run Norton on the other two but not sure I want that on this one with the way Norton likes to chew up space.
depending on your surfing habits you can easily end up with viruses that most scanners will miss entirely or not be able to remove completely. That happened to me once years ago. My only option was a factory reset.

Tribune

Tribune of the Plebs
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The free version of Malwarebytes is lightweight (and fast).

edit: I don't use it to replace Defender, but only as a supplement.

Reactions: Aydiarose
Status
Not open for further replies.