Status
Not open for further replies.

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | PANDA
Requester: Dan Bergan [A2QF5BMDUQUJ1W] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.57][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 0.00][Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Give us your opinion about current events
Time: 10 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is US

Reactions: Tribune

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
could be they have shitty spending habits too
I remember someone a few years ago who joined and said they were a housewife with a business executive husband and her only purpose for being on MTurk was to make money to buy outfits and accessories for her dog because her husband wouldn't give her money for that.

SquishyFluffkin

Contributor
Reaction score
I remember someone a few years ago who joined and said they were a housewife with a business executive husband and her only purpose for being on MTurk was to make money to buy outfits and accessories for her dog because her husband wouldn't give her money for that.
Smart man..
poor dog.

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
/me does a 30 cent survey
sounds a bit like me lmao... hubby is an electrician making like 30k a year. I turk to pay my phone bill and buy random crap I want and sometimes clothes. Lots of what I make goes to my dog though.

Cocoloco

Contributor
Reaction score
My hubby makes 25k as a sous chef at a natural foods grocery store, we get by because the cost of living here is fairly low, but I turk so that I can have stuff that I want, and I'm a total clothing freak.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
WOAH How has the number of active requesters dropped so dramatically?
I'd take that with a huge grain of salt. I know he's had some problems with the requesters tracker working correctly (every time MTurk changes something, it screws up his system and he has to fix it like we have to fix scripts each time MTurk screws with things).

CindyLoUUWho

Wait, what?
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to have an office job, but I was laid off in 2010, 3 months after returning from maternity leave. I tried to find something, but it really wasn't necessary, given my husband's job. A good portion of my income was paying for daycare anyway. So I wound up becoming a stay-home parent. Then we decided to have another kid, and my position was set in stone, haha. I didn't bring in any money other than singing gigs here and there for years. Then I decided I wanted to try and find something I could do from home, just so I could earn some money that I could say was "mine" (even though we have joint accounts for everything and i have no holds barred access to it).

Thus, a turker was born.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Princess Gina Marie @GinaMarie is still around.

Shadowsbane1988

Literally Pam
Contributor
Reaction score
I make just under 40k at my real life job and am making about 700-1000 a month on MTurk (since September 2015).
I'm averaging I want to say about 500-600/mth on mturk right now (not at home so can't check my books). It covers my bills, barely. I could be doing a LOT better, but it's a process due to health issues. *sighs*. I'm working my butt off to try and land a work-from-home actual job (ie guaranteed pay, not 'maybe I can make x amount') with xerox or apple or similar. I have the experience, but the jobs are few and far between (and you have to hope they list one in your area...grr).

Status
Not open for further replies.