04/29 - Melisandre Monday!

Did you bother trying to panda the Rhys Lewis HIT?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Like really, what about avatar made that amount of money?
That was the time that 3D made its big debut, so that was a big factor. I know that was what drew me to see the movie.

Reactions: aveline and LucyO

MagicalStreams

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
Reaction score
Am I the only person that thinks Avatar being the highest grossing movie of all time is fucking weird?
Avatar dropped in the infancy of streaming media, therefore folks had to watch it over and over in a movie theater. Nowadays, they spend bout 6-8 weeks in the theaters then they try to get them into streaming format within 4-5 months. It's really comparing apples and oranges because the landscape of watching movies has changed since Avatar. It would be like me trying to say Gone with The Wind is the highest grossing film when adjusted for inflation.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Avatar dropped in the infancy of streaming media, therefore folks had to watch it over and over in a movie theater. Nowadays, they spend bout 6-8 weeks in the theaters then they try to get them into streaming format within 4-5 months. It's really comparing apples and oranges because the landscape of watching movies has changed since Avatar. It would be like me trying to say Gone with The Wind is the highest grossing film when adjusted for inflation.
So you are you saying that Infinity war making 2 billion in todays climate is far more impressive?

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Like really, what about avatar made that amount of money?
It was advanced in the world of CGI movie-making at the time and it was one of the first films to receive a modern 3-D release. That and James Cameron hadn't made a movie in 11 years and the hype was everywhere. The movie was decent but by today's standards pretty average. It looked pretty but the story was a complete rehash of Pocahontas, Dances With Wolves, etc.

MagicalStreams

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
Reaction score
So you are you saying that Infinity war making 2 billion in todays climate is far more impressive?
I think making 2 billion today as FAST as it did is impressive. How many weeks did it take Avatar to reach 2 billion?

A quick google search says it took 47 days to reach 2 billion for Avatar, that's 6 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: LucyO and aveline

alk69

Reaction score
My wife woke me up last night with, "your computer is yelling at you."
Caught that Rhys hit

Bring on the pain
It's like having a baby or Thanksgiving at you despised relatives house. It's painful while it lasts, but you'll feel great when it's over.

Reactions: LucyO and aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Earn $2 for 2-part study(~ 6 minutes) | Accept
Requester: ulido [A3B4P9JRGCZIHA] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Steelblue]29.78[/color]] [Pay=[color=Steelblue]Generous[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.20
Duration: 30:00
Available: 56
Description: This is a 2-part study that pays $2 for the completion of both parts
Qualifications: Exc: [136018362-143564] DoesNotExist ; TP Panel: -112871594 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: HelloHello

PandaThief

Reaction score
Do this, 10 min

Title: Memory for Specific Events and Cognitive Ability | PANDA
Requester: SEG Lab [A3CW1IHDFYK1ND] (Req TV): $11.69/hr
(TO): [Pay: 1.83] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Complete a 45-min study for $4.50. We will examine the vividness and impact of your memories for different types of events, and how this relates to cognitive abilities.
Time: 5 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $4.50
Qualifications: Memory For Specific Events-batch1 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US;

Status
Not open for further replies.