05/02 - Maybe It's Aveline Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weakman

Reaction score
he alone controls 3 different accounts, which he'll block you from, which is plenty enough besides the ridiculous pay to just not even bother
Which three accounts does he control?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Is there proof he actually blocks you from other google requesters?
There are like 4 different John Smith accounts, i believe. Two accounts called john Smith, one called John Smith Jr., and there was a fourth called Matt, I think. When he was going nuts with blocks, many people were getting blocks from those other accounts without ever doing any HITs for them. The Matt account seemingly blocked several people before even posting their first batch. There definitely seemed to be a connection between them. As for other Google accounts, besides those four, I'm not sure.

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
I did the hits in less time and I got them approve. I guess he finally learn to wise up or you won't get any work done.
You can do a 1000 hits without a rejection and then get the 1001st rejected even though you did it the exact same way. And that goes for just about any requester. Sometimes they just snap after looking at the crappy results they are getting (because they have up till then totally ignored the crappy work so the scamming grew to epic proportions) and just handed out rejections to the entire batch. If you happened to be working them that day, scamming or not, you get the rejections just the same.

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score
You can do a 1000 hits without a rejection and then get the 1001st rejected even though you did it the exact same way. And that goes for just about any requester. Sometimes they just snap after looking at the crappy results they are getting (because they have up till then totally ignored the crappy work so the scamming grew to epic proportions) and just handed out rejections to the entire batch. If you happened to be working them that day, scamming or not, you get the rejections just the same.
This happens SO often that I feel like my day is coming. I've never been the victim but it's like I've dodged a bullet. Remember who...who was that got like 3k+ rejections on one batch back when we were on MTG.

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
I can handle rejections if they are warranted. I try to do quality work, but the needless rejections are scary.

What makes it worse is when a requester just doesn't respond. It's almost like they forget real people are on the other end of the HITs working and some working to provide for themselves. Communication goes a long way.

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like we're in a twilight zone right now.

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
I love these

Title: Help write a short fiction story | PANDA
Requester: Stanford HCI [A2OBPXCZ1Q3PFU] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.48 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.95 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 28 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Help write a short fiction story by doing things like writing, voting for good content, or evaluating content by others.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.85
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90;Location is US

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
I can handle rejections if they are warranted. I try to do quality work, but the needless rejections are scary.

What makes it worse is when a requester just doesn't respond. It's almost like they forget real people are on the other end of the HITs working and some working to provide for themselves. Communication goes a long way.
They don't forget there are real people... they just don't give a shit. I think one requester recently said it all... "I don't know why I should have to pay you at all."

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
They don't forget there are real people... they just don't give a shit. I think one requester recently said it all... "I don't know why I should have to pay you at all."
Some people are just jerks. Sucks to be them and glad I'm not.

Reactions: SpookyMyers

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score

I said something about not caring about rejections if they're warranted to UVA last week or whatever because they rejected one of my hits. I just pointed out that I didn't think it was warranted and if it was then I would gladly eat it. It took em like 2 days to review it but they responded back with an apology and 50c bonus for the mistake. That's an A+ requester.
EDIT: He also seemed very concerned with his reputation so I imagine there will be more work from him/them but I haven't seen anything since that one batch.

Last edited:

Infinity

Masochist or Mturker? You decide.
Contributor
Reaction score

Reactions: WordVixen

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
I said something about not caring about rejections if they're warranted to UVA last week or whatever because they rejected one of my hits. I just pointed out that I didn't think it was warranted and if it was then I would gladly eat it. It took em like 2 days to review it but they responded back with an apology and 50c bonus for the mistake. That's an A+ requester.
EDIT: He also seemed very concerned with his reputation so I imagine there will be more work from him/them but I haven't seen anything since that one batch.
I always ask about a rejection if I receive one and if I do mess a hit up I am quick to contact the requester. Mainly to let them know what I messed up on so they can fix it on their end.

BrewMeister

1) d4
Contributor
Reaction score
WaHooWah Baby! Same thing happened to me and I got the $0.50 bonus also. I can't wait for the next batch they put out....

Reactions: The Bad Ash

Digital Nomad

Reaction score

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score
I always ask about a rejection if I receive one and if I do mess a hit up I am quick to contact the requester. Mainly to let them know what I messed up on so they can fix it on their end.
I think in total I probably had like 150+ rejections out of 340,000 hits but as it stands I'm only at 67 because most are reversed on their own(mass automated rejections and errors). A good 40+ were probably deserved because I didn't properly read instructions and the rest were just hit and run requesters that know they weren't warranted but didn't stick around long enough to fix the issues. There were probably 2-3 that just simply refused to reverse them.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Out of curiosity, do you only contact the requester via mTurk or do you ever email them directly (like when they provide their email at the beginning of a survey)? I was recently rejected by a researcher conducting a survey with the reason being "Survey/MTurk ID not found in dataset" which is complete B.S. because I know I was super careful to complete everything correctly. Also, a bunch of other people on TO are having the same problem.

I contacted the Requester via the "Contact Requestor" link from the rejected HIT, but 2 weeks and no reply... So I'm thinking of contacting the Requester directly and cc'ing their institutional review board (IRB) since I actually have all of that information. Also, since I'm not the only one I figure that the IRB would like to know if she/he is stiffing research subjects out of promised money. Would that be overkill?

I'm new and still learning how to navigate all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.