Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Does that mean I gotta wait till midnight to log out and in, or could I log out and in now/?
Whenever you log in and out....doesn't matter what time....it resets your automatic log out timer.

So for example I start my work day every morning by logging out and back in again (If I'm still logged in in the morning) so I don't have to deal with a log out during the busy morning hours.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Whenever you log in and out....doesn't matter what time....it resets your automatic log out timer.

So for example I start my work day every morning by logging out and back in again (If I'm still logged in in the morning) so I don't have to deal with a log out during the busy morning hours.
I literally never log out. Only if it logs me out.

THERE YOU HAVE IT! That's why I'm so bad at this.

Katia2019

Reaction score
Title: Attitudes about Race | Accept
Requester: Melanie [A3O5R2MR6JTEKF] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.89] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.25
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer questions about race-related topics
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Despairagus

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I never know how I should wave at people. I always feel like it's either way too enthusiastic or it's that "ehhh, I don't like you but hi" half wave thing. But it's still a million times less awkward than the twitchy motions that I make when I attempt the head nod thing.
I relate to this pretty hard.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I did that Rhys over two nights. I think I worked on it about three hours the first night and four hours the second night. It seemed like that last four hours was more repetitive than the first three hours. I was just relieved when it was finally over.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Does that mean I gotta wait till midnight to log out and in, or could I log out and in now/?
No, not midnight... It's just a good idea to log-out and then immediately log-in before you go to sleep at night (regardless of what time that actually is!) so that you don't get auto-logged-off by Amazon in the middle of the night. That way, you can run a PANDA for 6-8 hours each night for HITs with longer timers while you sleep, instead of running PANDAs for those sames HITs during the daytime where there is usually more work to catch.

The #1 rule of running PANDAs/Watchers is that the more PANDAs/Watchers you are running at once, then the slower (less frequent) ALL of them are running, and the less likely you are to catch anything at all!

Last edited:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Current events poll(≈ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Steelblue]19.28[/color]] [Pay=[color=Mediumslateblue]Good[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=[color=Steelblue]Excellent[/color]] [Rej=[color=Mediumorchid]1[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO: [Pay=[color=Steelblue]4.17[/color]] [Fast=[color=Steelblue]4.70[/color]] [Comm=[color=Steelblue]4.17[/color]] [Fair=[color=Steelblue]4.79[/color]] [Reviews=533] [ToS=[color=Mediumorchid]1[/color]]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Take a 5-6 minute survey about your beliefs toward current events and political/social issues. Attentive and satisfactory completion of the initial survey will earn invitations to follow up surveys at higher pay rates.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [4430187-144096] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
No, not midnight... It's just a good idea to log-out and then immediately log-in before you go to sleep at night (regardless of what time that actually is!) so that you don't get auto-logged-off by Amazon in the middle of the night. That way, you can run a PANDA for 6-8 hours each night for HITs with longer timers while you sleep, instead of running PANDAs for those sames HITs during the daytime where there are usually more work to catch.

The #1 rule of running PANDAs/Watchers is that the more PANDAs/Watchers you are running at once, then the slower (less frequent) ALL of them are running, and the less likely you are to catch anything at all!
Yeaaah I've had the Rhys going on it's own most all the time for days. Hopefully the logging out and back in does the trick!

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeaaah I've had the Rhys going on it's own most all the time for days. Hopefully the logging out and back in does the trick!
By running the Rhys PANDA all the time, you make both the Rhys PANDA and all other PANDAs slower... Unless you are running just the Rhys PANDA, in which case you're missing out on a ton of other stuff.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I hate surveys with unpaid screeners! Caught my 4th of 5th one for today and less than 30 secs later, screened out of it for a demographic reason.

What requesters should do if they have screeners (and don't mention in the survey title what doesn't qualify or what does) is list surveys at a penny or two and give the remainder of the survey pay as a bonus if you qualify past the screener and complete the survey properly. That way, you get a penny or two for the few seconds it took you to take the initial screener if you are rejected instead of not getting paid for attempting the survey.

Reactions: Merovign and cb456

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
By running the Rhys PANDA all the time, you make both the Rhys PANDA and all other PANDAs slower... Unless you are running just the Rhys PANDA, in which case you're missing out on a ton of other stuff.
Overnight I've just been running the Rhys panda, and when I'm not actively working.

Reactions: Tandem In Time
Status
Not open for further replies.