• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Sounds like you've done the majority of them then, I haven't heard of anyone really getting into them like that.
I'm a big proponent of having lots of screen real estate for Turking... I have two 27" monitors, so I have 8 separate chat windows open on each monitor at a time... some chats just waiting, some active. That's really the only way to make these profitable. All the while, I'm still grabbing other HITs and batches and working on those. My eyes will need a break after LILY Labs inevitably goes away.

After chatting with some of the student assistants, what takes so long on these HITs are that they're taking all of our questions/requests and devising SQL query commands to pull the requested info, so of course the speed at which they do that depends on their SQL competency. Sometimes they need to confer with each other to get the right commands.

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Those batches know that my lap is a comfortable place for them to fall

Reactions: Goat

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a big proponent of having lots of screen real estate for Turking... I have two 27" monitors, so I have 8 separate chat windows open on each monitor at a time... some chats just waiting, some active. That's really the only way to make these profitable. All the while, I'm still grabbing other HITs and batches and working on those. My eyes will need a break after LILY Labs inevitably goes away.

After chatting with some of the student assistants, what takes so long on these HITs are that they're taking all of our questions/requests and devising SQL query commands to pull the requested info, so of course the speed at which they do that depends on their SQL competency. Sometimes they need to confer with each other to get the right commands.
I suppose that is the only way you could really turn those into a good hourly considering all the downtime. I just run a single 54" always have for this.

Reactions: Tandem In Time

Goat

Reaction score
I suppose that is the only way you could really turn those into a good hourly considering all the downtime. I just run a single 54" always have for this.
So you just sit in front of a television then? Gnarly

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
I was just reading and catching up on today's thread. Re: pronunciation of aveline @aveline. I just say Goddess.

Reactions: aveline

QueenOfScreams

Contributor
Reaction score
For you. I'm still hoping I ordered my pizza early enough that they don't call and say its too late to deliver.
I have ordered Domino's less than 10 minutes before close. Being nocturnal is kinda sucky in that regard. I felt bad so I tipped extra. But I wish more things were 24/7.

QueenOfScreams

Contributor
Reaction score
question... so being as broke as we are, we've been scrounging for stuff we could sell. would it be better to sell this old S7 we have the old-fashioned way or take it to a pawn shop? I have 0 idea what it's worth, it's in nice condition and I would guess maybe $100? I also have my S7 that is getting upgraded to an S8 fairly soon. I just know the pawn shop will be faster and I wouldn't get bombarded with emails or facebook messages asking me if I'd take $5, but pawn shop might offer me like $10 lol.

Reactions: aveline
Reaction score
I just got a message from Firefox saying that all my extensions (including Tampermonkey!!) "could not be verified for use in Firefox and has been disabled.

Kind of stops me doing anything in FF :wink: Anyone else got this yet? Any workaround?

wow - just reading on reddit .... and Mozilla has completely screwed up Firefox because someone didn't renew a cert... here's the actual bug report:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1548973

Have to use another browser until they fix it, which should be less than 24 hours ... hopefully

Cheers,

Last edited:

QueenOfScreams

Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone find me 14 pennies so I can see $10 and not $9.86 before I take my nap? :D

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
question... so being as broke as we are, we've been scrounging for stuff we could sell. would it be better to sell this old S7 we have the old-fashioned way or take it to a pawn shop? I have 0 idea what it's worth, it's in nice condition and I would guess maybe $100? I also have my S7 that is getting upgraded to an S8 fairly soon. I just know the pawn shop will be faster and I wouldn't get bombarded with emails or facebook messages asking me if I'd take $5, but pawn shop might offer me like $10 lol.
I don't think I've ever walked out of a pawn shop thinking "What a great deal!" Pawn shops are for desperate people. If you can afford to wait a bit, it will probably be worth more to sell it to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.