05/05 - Threads with TissueHime on Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Nomad

Reaction score

Ello,Govna! You're a real tip top chip chap. Cheerio! Pip pip....

Thank god about Jamelio. Hopefully they received my email. I wonder how many people are faking the british accent right now. Luckily I stopped at 60. Still quite a bit tho.

Kuddish

Me fail English! That's unpossible
Contributor
Reaction score
Mturk is coming to an end. It was just delayed. It soon will be p9r, and Breligs...

Reactions: Digital Nomad

Digital Nomad

Reaction score
Who cares blocks don;t really hurt you in the long run as long as you don't get to man in a short amount of time. I'm sure I've been blocked a ton over the years and I don't care the least.

Gulp. Im feeling luck tho. If they do block me it is what it is. However, I know there will portably be hundreds of people block if I am. Probably be interesting to hear all the fake accents.

weakman

Reaction score
Okay.

You can keep telling me that you think this is Google's fault all you want, I'm not going to argue with you or agree with you on that one.

I'm not assigning blame, I'm pointing out that the whole "Google can handle me fucking up their data" mindset is inaccurate. The fact that people continue to act like the Google Mturk accounts are the same as Google as a whole isn't a helpful attitude. The stuff they do on Mturk is a really small portion of their overall business, and if people fuck up the data consistently, they're going to quit using Mturk.

One person making one mistake, probably not a big deal.

Hundreds of people making the same mistake, probably going to cause problems.

People saying "Well it's GOOGLE, they can afford to pay for bad data!" and purposefully scamming the requester out of money based on the assumption that the company can absorb the cost, probably going to cause problems.
Obviously, if you come out clean like I did to them and they remove your data at least it won't mess things up too much. What I am saying is requesters do have multiple tools to prevent a huge amount of people making mistakes like me and other people on this forum... or people still doing the hits without realizing. It happens and it is human nature.

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay.

You can keep telling me that you think this is Google's fault all you want, I'm not going to argue with you or agree with you on that one.

I'm not assigning blame, I'm pointing out that the whole "Google can handle me fucking up their data" mindset is inaccurate. The fact that people continue to act like the Google Mturk accounts are the same as Google as a whole isn't a helpful attitude. The stuff they do on Mturk is a really small portion of their overall business, and if people fuck up the data consistently, they're going to quit using Mturk.

One person making one mistake, probably not a big deal.

Hundreds of people making the same mistake, probably going to cause problems.

People saying "Well it's GOOGLE, they can afford to pay for bad data!" and purposefully scamming the requester out of money based on the assumption that the company can absorb the cost, probably going to cause problems.
Well let's just hope if they do leave mturk that they create their own version that pays better.

Reactions: Pleco

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
The group made me angry..... I wanted to yell at them all. How are they full time workers for years and have so few hits. I can knock out 3,800 a day if I go full time.
I've been doing this as both part time and full time income for 6 years, and I haven't even done 100k HITs.

Reactions: WalkingEmphasis

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Obviously, if you come out clean like I did to them and they remove your data at least it won't mess things up too much. What I am saying is requesters do have multiple tools to prevent a huge amount of people making mistakes like me and other people on this forum... or people still doing the hits without realizing. It happens and it is human nature.
There's no better tool than the power of reading

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Well let's just hope if they do leave mturk that they create their own version that pays better.
Google does have their own crowdsourcing platform. It's private and invite only. I think someone here used to work on it (I can't remember who) but there's a ton of NDAs attached so I doubt they could tell us much about it anyway.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It won't, it'll pay worse. But they'll put it right at the top where it'll say " For real you guys we'll pay worse we don't really give a shit we're Google". So a couple of million HITs will be completed before anyone catches on.

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Google does have their own crowdsourcing platform. It's private and invite only. I think someone here used to work on it (I can't remember who) but there's a ton of NDAs attached so I doubt they could tell us much about it anyway.
Their rate for surveys on their Google Opinion Rewards app is pretty great (even if it is only play store credit)

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Who cares blocks don;t really hurt you in the long run as long as you don't get to man in a short amount of time. I'm sure I've been blocked a ton over the years and I don't care the least.
Given that

-We have no idea how many "too many" is
-We have no idea "too short" a period of time is
-We have no way of knowing how many blocks are on our account at any point in time
-Mturk employees don't even know how blocks work
-Requesters aren't really sure how blocks work

I think everyone is fully justified in wanting to avoid them.

weakman

Reaction score
There's no better tool than the power of reading
Tell that to the hundreds of people who messed up. It is human nature to make mistakes or to do something over and over without changing to only find out the hard way that you need to change.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been doing this as both part time and full time income for 6 years, and I haven't even done 100k HITs.
I've been turking for a few years, but I only just recently (within the past few months) started learning how to actually make money with it. I didn't know about extensions, scripts, forums, or anything. I'm obviously glad I finally learned, though, because it's already making a huge difference! It's always made a lot easier when users who know what they're doing are willing to help someone out once in a while, too. All of the advice I got when I was brave enough to ask (was scared that people wouldn't be willing to help or I'd get yelled at for asking) was very much appreciated!

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
here's the thing. Yes those accidents happen. But the requester isn't your daddy, professor, or anyone else who gives a damn about your feelings. They are looking at their bottom line and if they think a block is what their bottom lines needs then so be it. As a worker we just need to know this and accept that if we fuck up (or even if we didn't fuck up and the requester is just being a jerk) we just need to shake it off and move on.

Digital Nomad

Reaction score
A little writing....not bad..

Title: A study on shopping behavior | PANDA
Requester: Research on Human Behavior [A1NAZTU25LNDP0] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.58 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.64 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.64 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 12
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: You will be asked to imagine a shopping scenario and will be asked some questions about that scenario.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Masters has been granted, Location is US

weakman

Reaction score
I've been turking for a few years, but I only just recently (within the past few months) started learning how to actually make money with it. I didn't know about extensions, scripts, forums, or anything. I'm obviously glad I finally learned, though, because it's already making a huge difference! It's always made a lot easier when users who know what they're doing are willing to help someone out once in a while, too. All of the advice I got when I was brave enough to ask (was scared that people wouldn't be willing to help or I'd get yelled at for asking) was very much appreciated!
Don't tell me you did berligs.

turkenator

━╤デ╦︻(▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)
Contributor
Reaction score
What I find funny is, where do they think all of these british people are on mturk? And they put the qual, "Location is not IN" I feel like they might actually have an easier time finding people in india who speak with a british accent, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.