05/07 - Sulfurous Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaPisa

Reaction score
Title: Do you see the image? | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Comms-Quant-UX [A388Z19SP010HT] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.53] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 23] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $7.79/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
-
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 2665
Reward: $0.07
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10
I'd like to do lots of those. Alas ...

Reactions: T. Leela

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe less is more. Just give out a vague title next time. You're a "consultant"?
said that as well. I mentioned "independent contractor for amazon" (mturk) website consultant (usertesting) and customer service rep (winn-dixie)

and I honestly think all three made him want to barf.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Independent contractor dealing in administrative services. It sounds so dull, no one will bother inquiring further into it beyond say, earnings.
lol oh yes they will. To be honest, his biggest concern was the fact that I was working from home. (and I didn't bring up the "from home" thing. he did straight out asked me if it was from home)

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
lol oh yes they will. To be honest, his biggest concern was the fact that I was working from home. (and I didn't bring up the "from home" thing. he did straight out asked me if it was from home)
Well all the 'from home' things like LuLaRoe etc probably made him .... shit I can't think of a word besides jaded.

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score
told him that as well.
He sucks.

How's your credit score? I printed out my score from creditkarma --even tho not "official" --and presented that with application materials as a "take me seriously I am a real person" proof.

Reactions: thedorchannel

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Some people are set on thinking that independent contractor/self-employed (in anything that's not 'legit')/freelancer means "Can't hold a job because they suck."

Probably can't convince him otherwise.
I really can't hold a job b/c I suck...
but I'm kind of an exception.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Some people are set on thinking that independent contractor/self-employed (in anything that's not 'legit')/freelancer means "Can't hold a job because they suck."

Probably can't convince him otherwise.
this

Reactions: Princess Gina Marie

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
It could be some kind of legal thing there. I know in some cities (the one I used to live in), you have to buy a permit from the city to be able to work at home. So he could be concerned about some kind of legal situation with working at home. Or he might have thought that you working at home meant clients coming and going from your place, which might have turned him off.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
He sucks.

How's your credit score? I printed out my score from creditkarma --even tho not "official" --and presented that with application materials as a "take me seriously I am a real person" proof.
695. and he didn't give a damn.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
It could be some kind of legal thing there. I know in some cities (the one I used to live in), you have to buy a permit from the city to be able to work at home. So he could be concerned about some kind of legal situation with working at home. Or he might have thought that you working at home meant clients coming and going from your place, which might have turned him off.
thats possible... but something tells me he was thinking what Jaded @Jaded said. In his mind if you work from home then you're probably not too reliable.

Reactions: Jaded
Status
Not open for further replies.