05/12 - Friendship Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone get bonuses from the revision Content Research or Work Skills yet? :shrug:

Reactions: Tribune

Bigbore

Reaction score
tell me about it, envy peps who can go to a shoe store and try out shoes first, instead of ordering shoes and HOPING they fit
Back in the day I would go from store to store, and just get told "no" when asked if they carry my size, but in like 2010 a store opened here that STARTS at size 13, and goes up to size 28. Its awesome, and also dirty inside trick from a friend who used to own a bunch of footlockers. They only carry expensive shoes in sizes past 14 because they know if someone finds a shoe in their size (especially wide shoes) they will buy them, so they only stock the $150-300 shoes for those sizes. totally fucked up, btw the place i go is BigShoes.com they have a physical store here in ATX but their online store is dope too.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Risk Preferences Survey | PANDA
Requester: PW Surveys [A26LE6F8UPUGZ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.37 Generosity
★★★★ 4.72 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.77 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 52 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Choose between the two health insurance plans and answer a quick survey.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.45
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Back in the day I would go from store to store, and just get told "no" when asked if they carry my size, but in like 2010 a store opened here that STARTS at size 13, and goes up to size 28. Its awesome, and also dirty inside trick from a friend who used to own a bunch of footlockers. They only carry expensive shoes in sizes past 14 because they know if someone finds a shoe in their size (especially wide shoes) they will buy them, so they only stock the $150-300 shoes for those sizes. totally fucked up, btw the place i go is BigShoes.com they have a physical store here in ATX but their online store is dope too.
For women with larger feet, I've learned that the best thing to do is shop for shoes in towns with a higher asian population, since they tend to sell out of smaller sizes first, leaving the gigantic shoes for the Amazons like me.

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
Jesus. I'd just cut my toes off instead of paying that.

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Risk Preferences Survey | PANDA
Requester: PW Surveys [A26LE6F8UPUGZ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.37 Generosity
★★★★ 4.72 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.77 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 52 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Choose between the two health insurance plans and answer a quick survey.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.45
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US
2 minutes

Christa

you didn't see that
Contributor
Reaction score
For women with larger feet, I've learned that the best thing to do is shop for shoes in towns with a higher asian population, since they tend to sell out of smaller sizes first, leaving the gigantic shoes for the Amazons like me.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm 8.5, probably the 'normalest' size..... and whatever style I like is always sold out!

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
oh, you have huge feet too? I wear a women's 11 (minimum, most don't actually fit me) and am ideally an 11.5 or 12 (but who even carries 12s??!).

I recommend Sam Edelmans - their flats are like slippers and come in 11.5 and 12 :)

Reactions: Tribune and essjay

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, I'm 8.5, probably the 'normalest' size..... and whatever style I like is always sold out!
Because it's normal! It was easier when I lived in Southern California cos I could just shop in WeHo with the queens. It's a lot more difficult in the MidWest.

Status
Not open for further replies.