coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Wait, you won't take it if it's a fixer-upper? Kinda picky.

Me neither. I'm not cut out for manual labor.
Oh fixer upper is fine. Decent means not full of water, complete demo etc. We fixed up many houses when I was growing up. Sweat equity is good!

Last edited:

Oatmar

just beachy
Contributor
Reaction score
FL is a very beautiful state. Does have some idiots...quite a few idiots...but it's a beautiful state. Don't get closer than 10' to a gator, no matter how badass you think you are (ie: "Here, hold my beer and watch this"), and OF COURSE IT WILL PAY OFF. Are you kidding me? You must be young. That's not an insult. I simply cannot think of a single person over 30 who would ask if they should take a free house offered by their father.

I'd be packing right now.
I can think of many, myself included. Free is seldom free and those strings can be quite costly. I wouldn't take a dollar from my family, let alone a house. Cross T's and dot I's before hand, things like this can quickly sour over stupid little things like boundaries.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Reflection exercise, survey questions, and identifying emotions | PANDA
Requester: IH Surveys [A2HY55LNVRD7UU] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 1.67 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.83 Generosity
★★★★★ 2.95 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.14 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 30 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: You will be asked to complete several questionnaires and a reflection exercise for the purpose of academic research. This HIT takes between 20 to 60 minutes to complete.
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $4.25
Qualifications: IH Surveys 4.22.16 Block Past Workers has not been granted;IH Surveys 5.09.16 Block Past Workers has not been granted;Total approved HITs is not less than 50;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US
This one was less than 20 minutes. Good bit of writing though.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 15 MINUTE PHONE CONVERSATION FOR CAREGIVER MARKET RESEARCH STUDY (US only) | PANDA
Requester: Test CustDev [ARNZJ89RSZGSE] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: You will be asked for feedback via 15 minute phone conversation. You will qualify by first answering three simple survey questions. Survey takes less than one minute.
Time: 15 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $20.00
Qualifications: Masters has been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
That's hard to support on turking alone. My rent is about the same as yours and I'm looking to move so it will be even more. :cry:
Yeah, the only way we have been able to do it is because my partner and I turk full time.
I haven't followed this conversation but unless there is a legitimate reason why you don't want to accept then accept. If it's a roof over you had and a decent one, not one with critters in it, you are fortunate. if it comes with strings that are too much to bear then you have to say no but if dad is concerned about you and it's real accept it.
I know the house he wants to give me pretty well. I think it's a really good idea. My partner wanted to think on it more and we've been talking about it because it's a big move (from CO to FL) and I've never owned a house before lol. It's a weird situation but I'm hoping he will want to do it.

CO isn't going anywhere. Free houses don't fall in your lap every day. Our economic futures always remain uncertain...take any stability you can get, when you can get it. You can always move back to CO if you gave a concerted effort and it didn't work...but I think once you get there, and you aren't paying rent, CO won't seem so cool anymore.

If your partner says, "no" F it, I'll be your partner.
Thank you for your replies on this situation. I agree about the possibility of moving back. I'll show him the advice posted here and maybe it'll give him more food for thought. We would be able to pay off our college debt, so it's obviously the best thing ever.

Luckily my family is the "no strings attached" type of family. They have helped me so much in my life and never expect a dime in return. I genuinely think they just want me to be around more because they miss me.

Hahaha xD Given the replies some people have made here I assume a lot of ya'll would wanna be my "partner" in this circumstance xDDD

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oh fixer upper is fine. Decent means not full of water, complete demo etc. We fixed up mamy houses when I was growing up. Sweat equity is good!
I just can't relate to people like you. I just want to move in somewhere pretty and do nothing.

Reactions: Pleco

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Okay, I wasn't aware of this but I guess a forum is as good a place as any to find out you're moving.
Don't worry, I was thinking about taking you with me.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not saying living Florida is bad, I'm just saying the chances of having your face eaten off by someone high on bath salts are exponentially higher if you live in Florida.
oh yeah well...

we have beaches n stuff so its ok

v2thej

Reaction score
Haha I grew up in FL and am very familiar with the area the house is in. And yess I am :) I am 23. This would be the first house I'd ever own so it's a little intimidating. I'm trying to convince my partner to wanna make the move because he grew up here in CO and would miss it... but we cannot deny the opportunities taking it would bring.
your in CO too? im off 120th and i25 in westminster, i love it here but i miss CA

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Kizka

Non Serviam
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes haha. We live in Fort Collins. I used to live in FL down in Key Largo and I do miss it quite a lot. I hate snow lol.
I lived in the Fort for 10 years. I miss it on occasions.

Reactions: v2thej
Status
Not open for further replies.