05/14 - Smashing Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Are we eventually going to have to use the worker.mtuk site? I still have yet to use it because every time I try it gives me an error saying something about cleaning cookies... even right after I did :shrug: I still haven't figured out why I can't use that site and honestly have no desire too unless either I'm forced to or y'all start making a big deal about how "wonderful" the new improvements are. :disapprove:
Eventually, but no one knows if it'll be tomorrow or in a year or what. We also don't know if they'll give us a heads up about when it'll be or if we'll just log on one day and the current site will be gone. :( You know, typical MTurk lack of transparency.

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever heard of a mass rejection from a9. I've only seen rejections on the category validation batches. The batch up now is fairly subjective so I wouldn't worry too much. Unless you're screwing up the obvious ones (right pic is a shirt instead of a shoe) you should be fine.

Reactions: PhantomCatt

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Eventually, but no one knows if it'll be tomorrow or in a year or what. We also don't know if they'll give us a heads up about when it'll be or if we'll just log on one day and the current site will be gone. :( You know, typical MTurk lack of transparency.
Given Amazon's record on "removing" things, they'll probably tell us one day that it can no longer be used, yet they'll neglect to actually take it down and people will still be able to use it.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever heard of a mass rejection from a9. I've only seen rejections on the category validation batches. The batch up now is fairly subjective so I wouldn't worry too much. Unless you're screwing up the obvious ones (right pic is a shirt instead of a shoe) you should be fine.
Shit. RIP my approval rating then. :p

Reactions: loki3404

Twirdman

Reaction score
"One day" mturk will give me masters.
I stopped believing that roughly when I crossed 300k without masters. Now that I have 600k I place my chances of getting masters roughly at about the same chance as me winning a Fields Medal so significantly lower than me winning the lotto.

weakman

Reaction score
I have a question about surveys. Are surveys slower during the summer or about the same? I heard different sides to the story, just want to see someone's input.

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a question about surveys. Are surveys slower during the summer or about the same? I heard different sides to the story, just want to see someone's input.
I seemed to have done okay with them last year. I think more colleges are offering summer classes so that helps.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Mixed bag. You get fewer Psych 101 students posting surveys for class but more people posting research surveys that they didn't have time to do during the school year so they're running it during the summer break, plus students who run surveys as part of a summer internship or project. And the market research surveys are the same since they don't follow a school schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.