05/19 - Toy Fox Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
Title: free | PANDA
Requester: Mturk Data2 [A3RLCGRXA34GC0] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.69 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.43 Generosity
★★★★ 4.72 Fairness
★★★★ 4.93 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 61 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: qualification
Time: 15 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.03
Qualifications: Location is US

neat

ShereKahn

Contributor
Reaction score
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.43 Generosity
★★★★ 4.72 Fairness
★★★★ 4.93 Promptness
Submit a new TO review

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
As for new turkers...... this was in my email a week or so ago, the book retails at $20 and apparently these people that are Brand New to Turking are doing WAY better than I am. (PS the video is her doing a Wall Street)

You're getting this because you've expressed an interest in increasing your income.
I've got a quick 3 minute video for you today.
Susan, the author of Turking For Fun & Profit made a video of her earning .80 in less than 3 minutes.
The video can be seen at that link above.
Over the weekend I received a message from someone who invested in Turking For Fun & Profit earlier this month.
Both she and her husband got involved...both have full time jobs and they have three BUSY children...I know because she and I have been friends since kindergarten...or first grade...who can remember.
But I can see all that's going on in her life via Facebook....dance, cheerleading, baseball, college visits, etc. etc. etc. and they want to eat too!
She actually bought the program without telling me and both have been using what they learned...they had no experience with this previously.
I was happily surprised to get this unsolicited message this morning...
...He is Turking pretty seriously (less one weekend away at D.C.) and I've been shooting for $5 a day when possible.
He's up to $170 in earnings and I'm up to around $20. Goal is $300 between us each month for now, which seems pretty doable.
He turks during times he'd just be unproductive anyway (mornings, lunch sitting at his desk, at night watching TV).
I do the same, although I don't have as much "free" time.
It's not a fortune but it's a pretty easy way to make some extra cash, and we can usually average $10 an hour! Every little bit...
Anyway, thanks for getting us started!! Will report back with more results for Month 2.

Do the math.
My friend invested $20 dollars to learn a skill that in less than 3 weeks has earned her family almost $190...from their computers...without talking to anyone.
Sound good to you?
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS and to see Susan's video.
I like how her example of making money on mturk is a wallstreet.

SquishyFluffkin

Contributor
Reaction score
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.43 Generosity
★★★★ 4.72 Fairness
★★★★ 4.93 Promptness
Submit a new TO review
Well. I guess there is such a thing.

jan

Reaction score
Today sucked, it was mostly shitposting.
As for new turkers...... this was in my email a week or so ago, the book retails at $20 and apparently these people that are Brand New to Turking are doing WAY better than I am. (PS the video is her doing a Wall Street)

You're getting this because you've expressed an interest in increasing your income.
Susan, the author of Turking For Fun & Profit made a video of her earning .80 in less than 3 minutes.
Over the weekend I received a message from someone who invested in Turking For Fun & Profit earlier this month.
Both she and her husband got involved...both have full time jobs and they have three BUSY children...I know because she and I have been friends since kindergarten...or first grade...who can remember.
But I can see all that's going on in her life via Facebook....dance, cheerleading, baseball, college visits, etc. etc. etc. and they want to eat too!
She actually bought the program without telling me and both have been using what they learned...they had no experience with this previously.
...He is Turking pretty seriously (less one weekend away at D.C.) and I've been shooting for $5 a day when possible.
He's up to $170 in earnings and I'm up to around $20. Goal is $300 between us each month for now, which seems pretty doable.
He turks during times he'd just be unproductive anyway (mornings, lunch sitting at his desk, at night watching TV).
It's not a fortune but it's a pretty easy way to make some extra cash, and we can usually average $10 an hour! Every little bit...
Anyway, thanks for getting us started!! Will report back with more results for Month 2.

Do the math.
My friend invested $20 dollars to learn a skill that in less than 3 weeks has earned her family almost $190...from their computers...without talking to anyone.
Sound good to you?
you can earn $5 a day turking?:eek:
All I have to do is spend $20 for the book?:LOL:
Pleco @Pleco , there's hope yet :wink:

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score

Do the math.
Sound good to you?
If she's shooting for $5 a day at times (and sometimes not even making above $20) she must not include scripts or AHK or any of the other resources turkers use. If a book doesn't even cover that stuff, I think it's pretty useless.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I didn't read 3$ bonus potential okay there is half the 5$ goal for today :)

Title: Evaluate articles over a number of days. $0.30 for each review. $3 bonus for completing all reviews(~ 4 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Adrian R Camilleri [A2V8FU71D2738H] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.78 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.13 Generosity
★★★★ 4.84 Fairness
★★★★ 4.81 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 194 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Evaluate articles over a number of days. $0.30 for each review. $3 bonus for completing all reviews
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 26
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Exc: [12956-12367] has not been granted;Location is one of: US

SquishyFluffkin

Contributor
Reaction score
If she's shooting for $5 a day at times (and sometimes not even making above $20) she must not include scripts or AHK or any of the other resources turkers use. If a book doesn't even cover that stuff, I think it's pretty useless.
"Then you wake up at 5AM and type the word Zoltar into the search box"

KnockoutTurk

Reaction score
Title: 8-10 minute survey for athletes - $1 compensation and a bonus of $.20-$.40 | PANDA
Requester: kaptain333 [A14H4P31QVQZR7] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.29 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.60 Generosity
★★★★ 4.03 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.91 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 55 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This study is being conducted by researchers at New York University. It involves a series of questions about attitudes and experiences.
Time: 30 minutes
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Rejected is not one of: 1;Athlete is 1
There was an 'athlete' qual question a few days (a week) ago...

Last edited:

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Last edited:

CatWhiskers

Looking In Your Fridge
Reaction score
I don't think it's possible for Mturk workers to behave as a community, the workforce is just too diverse. Having said that, is there anything that you feel would help you achieve greater earnings? Masters is the obvious answer, but what if quals were available for longer? Do you feel that would help? I'm interested in any ideas.
Well right now I need my main laptop fixed because I can't grab shit on this one. Funny, this is the laptop I started with, made more money on, but it is way too slow to grab anything these days. But my main laptop being injured just happened...which sucks because I was going to mturk through summer and then I was on my way to a new career. Now I'm going to have to go out and get some bs job for three months. At one point I thought I would mturk for a living...that was possible in the past, for a number of people. Now? Not unless you have certain tools.

As for how to make more money in general: Well, everyone says, "You need quals". Ok. The problem is, everyone has the same quals. Used to be so much work to do, that we could have a variety of quals - some would have A, some B, some X, some W...now? Everyone scrambles for every last bit they can get...the majority end up with the exact same quals. There's still a few out there that not many have...but that number is decreasing.

So what else can be done? turk longer. I've seen people do that. It doesn't negate the fact that it didn't take all day to make $50. I didn't say that's all I made, I said I made that without trying. Now? Oh, you have to work for it.

There's the issue of people working on hits that don't pay jack all. We're never going to conquer that problem, and it doesn't help a new turker right now...so that's not it.

Fact is, while the count shows more than there used to be, 700,000 + compared to maybe 90 -100,000 on a good day, the fact is, those 700,000 aren't exactly all different requesters. They are the same requesters who throw out 30,000 at a time...but are such insulting trash, we mock them....the problem is, there's not the same amount of hits that there used to be. Different requesters, different hits. I'd say the best years were 2013 and 2014. Those were lucrative years.

So how does a new turker make the money that we used to make without masters, without the closed quals that we can't get no matter how many suck up emails we send?

That's a damn good question.

SquishyFluffkin

Contributor
Reaction score
Is it just me or is mtruck completely kill this morning.. I don't think its been this slow all week. none of my shit has dinged in like half an hour.
Its the one day I had free this week to ham the difference I lost out on with doctor's appointments and errands. Bleh, always next week.

Reactions: booboo33
Status
Not open for further replies.