05/19 - Toy Fox Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Try working drive-through at a Taco Bell.
Night Shift.
Next to a strip of hipster dive bars.

"Welcome to Taco Bell I can take your order whenever you're ready"
I'll have a burrito.
"Uh...What kind of burrito?"
A BUH-REE-TOW. What? Are you fucking retarded or something?

There was one night when these two guys roll up and every time I handed their drinks, they would change their minds. "No, I said Dr. Pepper" "Nah son, I said SPRITE"...after about the fifth time the driver chucked a large soda in my face. I was soaked head to toe. I lost my shit and chucked one of the other sodas at him, into his car. Got him, the passenger, his laptop, camera....everything. The guy and his friend jumped through the drive through window threatening to shoot me with a gun he didn't have. luls. The mexican girls I worked with started screaming in spanish, the passenger started smashing the register and monitor, and my coke-fiend manager locked himself in the office. All I could do was take apart a pair of kitchen scissors to use as a weapon if need be.

Cops got them an hour later, but I had to finish that shift covered in soda, and had to do it with a calculator and notepad.

FUCK customer service.
At least you're still young enough that someone still refers to you as son. It's not much, but hey, you take what you got.

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
I did about 50 a couple of days ago, they're all still pending. I sent them an email asking whether they wanted a description or an actual sentence (subject and verb), but I haven't gotten a response, so I stopped working on them. I'm sorry, that's probably not much help, just my experience.
I looked at TO and it seems a lot of people have the same issues or just rejections/not getting paid. Probably not gonna touch them because of it :(.

Reactions: Tribune

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Spend a day at school with some of our students | PANDA
Requester: Cocolab at UC Berkeley [A1N1YFYVJGJSBR] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.84 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.83 Generosity
★★★★ 4.71 Fairness
★★★★ 4.81 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 132 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Read a short story about one of our students and answer some questions.
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.70
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;Location is US

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
Title: Research Study: Your evaluation of products - Takes around 1 minute to complete and services | PANDA
Requester: Benjamin Neuwirth [A1D3SKHUTEFYCA] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.50 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.88 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 51 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This is a study about what you think of different products
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 1000;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;Location is US

KnockoutTurk

Reaction score
Title: Research Study: Your evaluation of products - Takes around 1 minute to complete and services | PANDA
Requester: Benjamin Neuwirth [A1D3SKHUTEFYCA] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.50 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.88 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 51 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This is a study about what you think of different products
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 1000;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;Location is US

Dude

Reaction score
Title: Spend a day at school with some of our students | PANDA
Requester: Cocolab at UC Berkeley [A1N1YFYVJGJSBR] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.84 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.83 Generosity
★★★★ 4.71 Fairness
★★★★ 4.81 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 132 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Read a short story about one of our students and answer some questions.
Reward: $0.70
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;Location is US

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
FUCK customer service.
I feel like you and I could swap war stories over a few beers and have an interesting time of it. I faced a similar attack (both on myself and the registers, minus the soda) when I was working at Goodwill. The guy was drunk, and the song on the radio we had playing in-store really set him off ("Lay Down Sally" by Clapton). I feel terrible for him in hindsight because I found out later he was schizophrenic, but at the time, it was terrifying. The only thing scarier was the customer at Godfather's who stalked me from the parking lot during my shift and tried to follow me home afterward....because he was mad that our buffet ended at 3pm and he arrived at 4pm.

Customer service is a wacky, wild world, indeed.

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
Try working drive-through at a Taco Bell.
Night Shift.
Next to a strip of hipster dive bars.

"Welcome to Taco Bell I can take your order whenever you're ready"
I'll have a burrito.
"Uh...What kind of burrito?"
A BUH-REE-TOW. What? Are you fucking retarded or something?

There was one night when these two guys roll up and every time I handed their drinks, they would change their minds. "No, I said Dr. Pepper" "Nah son, I said SPRITE"...after about the fifth time the driver chucked a large soda in my face. I was soaked head to toe. I lost my shit and chucked one of the other sodas at him, into his car. Got him, the passenger, his laptop, camera....everything. The guy and his friend jumped through the drive through window threatening to shoot me with a gun he didn't have. luls. The mexican girls I worked with started screaming in spanish, the passenger started smashing the register and monitor, and my coke-fiend manager locked himself in the office. All I could do was take apart a pair of kitchen scissors to use as a weapon if need be.

Cops got them an hour later, but I had to finish that shift covered in soda, and had to do it with a calculator and notepad.

FUCK customer service.
haha, food service. I delivered pizzas in college. One time i came back from a run and there were cop cars everywhere. The manager on duty had a shootout with some dude who tried to rob the store. Several of the drivers I knew were robbed while making deliveries. The owner of one place I worked skipped the country hours before the tax collectors who swarmed over our store and grabbed all the books. Seemed the clown had been collecting our personal income taxes from our checks but not paying any of that money to the government.

Spindle

Contributor
Reaction score
haha, food service. I delivered pizzas in college. One time i came back from a run and there were cop cars everywhere. The manager on duty had a shootout with some dude who tried to rob the store. Several of the drivers I knew were robbed while making deliveries. The owner of one place I worked skipped the country hours before the tax collectors who swarmed over our store and grabbed all the books. Seemed the clown had been collecting our personal income taxes from our checks but not paying any of that money to the government.
There was one night where I looked out the window and cops were surrounding the whole building with guns drawn. It turned out that the new guy in the back hit the silent alarm, and I was too busy (it was only the 2 of us) to answer the phone when I got the call asking for the password.

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I looked at TO and it seems a lot of people have the same issues or just rejections/not getting paid. Probably not gonna touch them because of it :(.
I know. I'm not doing any more either. If they would just get back with me or approve the ones I did, I would plow through those.

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
I feel like you and I could swap war stories over a few beers and have an interesting time of it. I faced a similar attack (both on myself and the registers, minus the soda) when I was working at Goodwill. The guy was drunk, and the song on the radio we had playing in-store really set him off ("Lay Down Sally" by Clapton). I feel terrible for him in hindsight because I found out later he was schizophrenic, but at the time, it was terrifying. The only thing scarier was the customer at Godfather's who stalked me from the parking lot during my shift and tried to follow me home afterward....because he was mad that our buffet ended at 3pm and he arrived at 4pm.

Customer service is a wacky, wild world, indeed.
Numerous women I worked with were followed home and generally stalked by some customers that we had to basically threaten outright to get them to stop.

Electronics brings in a certain demographic of complete shitheads.

plrs199

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about what you would order from restaurant menus | PANDA
Requester: Danielle Boles [A3KAP7GWX59MA] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: This is a 20 minute survey that asks your dining preferences from five different menus.
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: Location is US
This was awful. Did the whole thing and it took about 15 mins and at the very end it said I was screened out.

Status
Not open for further replies.