05/19 - Toy Fox Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 8-12 minute Survey for People Ages 18-24 Who Have Recently Smoked Marijuana | PANDA
Requester: Knox Research Lab [A1TEBOOMPC6U11] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.71 Generosity
★★★★ 4.60 Fairness
★★★★ 4.60 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 9 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: 8-12 minute Survey for People Ages 18-24 Who Have Recently Smoked Marijuana
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Location is US
I'm panda'ing this for at least a day. no shame. this is totally my survey

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Take a 1-question, multi-option survey (US-based only, Male, Yes) | PANDA
Requester: PickFu [AI2HRFAYYSAW7] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 4.40][Fair: 4.80][Comm: 4.31][Fast: 4.80]
Description:
For each pair of options, choose the option that best answers the question. Explain your choice. Limited to previous PickFu responders meeting the target demographics.
Time: 50 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: PickFu NDA is 1, Play Mobile Games is one of: 1, Gender is one of: 1, Location is US

Reactions: Azazael and Tribune

Tribune

Tribune of the Plebs
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Sweet. Almost three years into it and I come home to a suspended account. No blocks since like December when NCP had that little issue. Let's see where this goes.
I don't think blocks have anything to do with it.

AMT suspended my account on March 28.
By March 30, they admitted that it was a mistake.
They then claimed that they had already restored my account, but it took fourteen hours for them to do so.

Be persistent. Keep copies of everything.
Amazon will make you use their online interface -- which purposefully doesn't keep a file copy for you -- to contact Customer Support.
Take the time to keep .txt files of everything you write them.
I think AMT's customer support is institutionally dishonest. Be prepared for them to change stories early and often.

D

Deleted member 526

I have no faith in Amazon when it comes to customer service. If they're going to suspend tribune for making a qual wth a curse word in it I can wait to see my reason. Good luck on Turk guys. Not jumping through hoops for Amazon.
I have also noticed it seems like there is a little bit better chance of getting the account back or starting a new one now. I thought that used to be impossible. do you have masters? maybe they should have just gotten rid of that instead of your whole account if there was a problem. not that I'm saying it makes sense because it doesn't. I'm sorry and I hope you get it fixed.

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score

They then claimed that they had already restored my account, but it took fourteen hours for them to do so.

Amazon will make you use their online interface -- which purposefully doesn't keep a file copy for you -- to contact Customer Support.
I think AMT's customer support is institutionally dishonest. Be prepared for them to change stories early and often.
For new people is this pretty common for Amazon to throw around suspensions? Say if you do a bad hit from a requester and your account gets flagged or something?

Or is this all just random and nobody knows what Amazon is thinking/doing when it comes to suspensions.

ru7hl3ss

Reaction score

I was suspended for weeks because they couldn't verify my identity (after years of turking). I tried everything too, faxing them, calling them, sent them my driver's license, my passport, mail... I called the IRS to make sure my identity was correct. I finally got it solved my emailing jeff@amazon.com.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
For new people is this pretty common for Amazon to throw around suspensions? Say if you do a bad hit from a requester and your account gets flagged or something?

Or is this all just random and nobody knows what Amazon is thinking/doing when it comes to suspensions.
As far as I know, new people rarely if ever get suspended.
It's only people who have been around for years and have shown they are diligent and hard workers.

Don135

Reaction score
I was suspended for weeks because they couldn't verify my identity (after years of turking). I tried everything too, faxing them, calling them, sent them my driver's license, my passport, mail... I called the IRS to make sure my identity was correct. I finally got it solved my emailing jeff@amazon.com.
Exactly how I got my account verified, nothing worked except sending an email to Jeff Bezo's email

Reactions: Tribune

Tribune

Tribune of the Plebs
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
For new people is this pretty common for Amazon to throw around suspensions?
It isn't common. The most successful parasites don't kill their host organisms.

Say if you do a bad hit from a requester and your account gets flagged or something?

IMO if a requester makes a specific complaint about a particular worker "scamming," it increases the odds of suspension.
But even if AMT policy doesn't pass statistical tests for stochastic randomness, it's rather unpredictable.
For example, I'm not willing to believe that automated programs troll the qual list to look for Puppy Stabbers.

Reactions: jan, YAHU and ecko

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
Only thing I know for sure. Transfer your money daily.
If they suspend your account, do you lose access to the money in your amazon payments account or just what you have in your turk account?

Reactions: Tribune

ru7hl3ss

Reaction score
If they suspend your account, do you lose access to the money in your amazon payments account or just what you have in your turk account?
You lose access to payments and you can't do anything with the money from your mturk account. They'll write you a check for what you have available though.

Reactions: ecko and Tribune

mordea

Master of a Couple Things
Contributor
Reaction score
Payments wouldn't be affected, but you'll be unable to manually transfer from mturk. They'll either do it for you or it'll transfer automatically after 30 days or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.