05/23 - Mr. Owl Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeC44

Belt of Scotch?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Photographs and emotion (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | PANDA
Requester: Dr Michael Wood [AE4RXW868WUYA] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.75 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.81 Generosity
★★★★ 4.93 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 37 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Fill out a personality test, view photos, and describe your emotions. (~15 min)
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;Wood 04.05.15 exclude CA workers has not been granted;Location is US;Adult Content Qualification is 1
Easy 5-6 minutes.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score

The Carr HIT is an *unpaid* screener, that doesn't tell you what they screen for, until after you've accepted it and then have to return it. Some prefer not to take those, and some do. YMMV
They warn that it has a screener...if they tell you what for, people would lie to pass it...
like... screeners never tell you what they're screening for.
That's asinine...

Reactions: essjay and MikeC44

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
If requesters explicitly said what the screener criteria was on the hit page, does anyone actually expect that the req. would get honest results?

KittyRaces

lengthening my shitlist by the minute
Contributor
Reaction score
If requesters explicitly said what the screener criteria was on the hit page, does anyone actually expect that the req. would get honest results?
I imagine there are people who are dishonest, but, seriously? I have no respect for people who pull that shit.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
They warn that it has a screener...if they tell you what for, people would lie to pass it...
like... screeners never tell you what they're screening for.
That's asinine...
Thanks for contributing to the shared knowledge here.

Reactions: StinkWrinkle

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Page Load Survey D -- MOBILE OR TABLET ONLY | PANDA
Requester: HP2015 [A3LZ4P4UJM0A9U] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.67 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 4 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: View a webpage on your MOBILE PHONE or TABLET and answer a few questions about what you see and your device
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
I imagine there are people who are dishonest, but, seriously? I have no respect for people who pull that shit.
Happens all the time in the land of Turk. No use to complain about a screener, especially when the hit page says THERE IS A SCREENER. That's like spending $50 on something and then complaining you spent $50 on something.

KittyRaces

lengthening my shitlist by the minute
Contributor
Reaction score
Happens all the time in the land of Turk. No use to complain about a screener, especially when the hit page says THERE IS A SCREENER. That's like spending $50 on something and then complaining you spent $50 on something.
I know that it does. And I've never complained about a screener (except for ones that maybe have you go halfway through the entire thing before they screen you out). What I'm saying is that people who give dishonest information are incredibly disrespectful and, eventually, will cause researchers to go elsewhere.

Reactions: Metallica

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
anyone find some mindless batches besides the flickering a9s today? I think I'm survey-ed out. I took 20+ this morning.

Reactions: Concise and Aurica

Azazael

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about how you organize and access your household’s financial records (<20 min) | PANDA
Requester: William Mockovak [A3OVAJU1C9JQHA] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.70 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 49 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Answer a survey about how you organize and access your household’s financial records. We won’t ask about your expenses.
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $1.75
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;Location is US
anyone try this? it doesnt seem to want to advance pages at all

Antamania

TO Mod
Reaction score
Dude. This isn't the first time you've disclosed what the screener is looking for. Some of us are cool with being screened out if they're upfront about the fact that there IS a screener.
Honestly, if I was running a survey on mturk, I would more than likely do it this way too. Yes, a lot of us on here are honest, and care about the requesters who care about us...but people lie all the time on mturk. You need only look at TO for proof of that.

jan

Reaction score
The rule here is that you are not supposed to mention any information about what was in a screener on the forum. Likewise, you can't mention anything past the HIT window.
It's okay to mention that there is an unpaid screener.

Now, that said, it's probably time we all move along. (If you have other issues, please take it to PM and not put it in the work thread).
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.